"Each moment free from fear makes a man immortal"
Ensign Harrison Blackwood is a Helm/Com/Ops officer aboard Amity Outpost. The oldest of three brothers, son to a pair of brilliant Starfleet scientists, and a fresh graduate from the academy. Harrison is a career-motivated officer, enlisting for a taste of freedom he was denied in his youth and looking to prove himself in the face of challenge and adversity.
He graduated in 2400, immediately being assigned to Amity Station where it is quickly coming to the attention of several individuals his obsession with the chain of command and formalities.
- Full Name: Harrison Thomas Blackwood
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: 237505.11
- Place of Birth: London, United Kingdom, Earth
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T0 (See T/E Rating System)
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: In pounds or kilos.
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Facelaim: Dylan O'Brien
- Father: William Blackwood, Chief Science Officer at StarBase 19 (ii) (formerly)
- Mother: Evelyn Blackwood, Science Officer at StarBase 19 (ii) (formerly)
- Ensign Avery Blackwood (22), Science Officer aboard the USS Santa Maria (California-Class Ship)
- Cadet James Blackwood (16), StarFleet Academy, San Fransisco
- Spouse: N/A
- Children: N/A
|Name||Ship Posting||Relationship Status||Comments|
|Wil Ukinix||Amity Outpost||Commanding Officer||His first commander, Harrison thinks he's a bit eccentric, but has the correct ability for the job.|
|Esma||Amity Outpost||Colleague/Associate||Saved Harrison from certain death for which he's deeply appreciative, his lack of experience with her species leaves their interactions lacking, he's uncertain she considers herself to have friends.|
|Cassian Iovianus||Amity Oupost||Superior Officer||The first superior officer for Harrison to serve under during active duty and in a live combat situation. He respects the Chief of Security, deeming him a suitable officer to potentially shadow in future.|
|Kaito Moore||Amity Outpost||Colleague/Friend||They served together for the first time during the conflict with the Betazed Empire and apparently worked quite well in unison, its created an easy transition into the beginning of a work friendship.|
|Harrison Kiani||Amity Outpost||Colleague/Friend||Perhaps the kindest and most approachable of the 'Ensign Mafia' group he's become involved with. Harrison finds Harrison the most easy going and friendly of the peer group, if a little excitable at times.|
|Cara Veers||Amity Outpost||Colleague/Friend||Harrison always finds himself a little more attuned to Veer's voice during the group discussions, having developed something of an appreciation for her intelligence and general presence.|
|Nathan Richards||Amity Outpost||Superior Officer||The pair's first interaction involved Nathan firing at Harrison's shuttle, so immediately a strange one. Harrison gets a competitive vibe from their first interaction, but with a friendly hint to it.|
Harrison Blackwood could be described by some as unwavering in his dedication to his career and a deep respect for the chain of command. He exemplifies the ideals of StarFleet through his commitment to personal growth, work ethic and innate passion for exploration and service. This ambition is tempered by a willingness to adopt a sense of camaraderie with his fellow officers, but due to previous experiences this seems to be a continuous quest as he battles a sense of balance between keeping his seclusions and making friends.
Strengths - Harrison is driven and ambitious, possessing an innate drive that fuels his desire for advancement and excellence. He is equipped with a clear determination to improve his skills, knowledge and best each performance after the other to set an example. He will constantly seek out opportunities and challenging tasks to demonstrate his ability to his commanders. One of his other strengths is his respectful adherence to the chain of command, understanding the important of recognizing his superiors to create a more efficient working environment and effective operation. He's since learned to express his thoughts and concerns in a respectful manner within the hierarchy of command, showcasing better communication skills than one might expect from an Ensign.
Weaknesses - Undoubtedly Harrison suffers a relentless pursuit of perfection which leads to overcommitment, which in his desire to excel in all aspects of his work could cause him to burnout in some situations. Like a double-edged sword the Ensign's notable respect for the chain of command presents issues when voicing an opinion at the decision of a superior officer in a mission scenario that might otherwise be to the benefit of the team.
|Hobbies and Skills|
Horse Riding - Since being a youth Harrison has engaged in the beloved activity, particularly as a competitive sport between the ages of 16-18, his own Mars (8) , an Arabian Thoroughbred.
Archery - Again, another youthful hobby which Harrison picked up between the ages of 14-16 as a competitive sport and keeps to practicing at current.
Languages: Federation Standard, Romulan, Vulcan and Latin (To read).
|Starfleet Service Record
MAJOR - HELM & NAVIGATION - 18 Credits
- Astrogation: Navigation of Starships, Sublight
- Astrogation: Navigation of Starships, Warp Speed
- Astronomy: Astrophysics, Advanced
- Astronomy: Stellar Cartography 1
- Astronomy: Stellar Cartography 2
- Engineering: Introduction to Warp Systems
- Engineering: Advanced Warp Systems
- Engineering: Impulse Systems
- Engineering: Intermediate Electronics 1
- Engineering: Deflectors, Weapons and Security Systems
- Physics: Warp Theory
- Piloting: Minor Ships
- Piloting: Major Ships
- Tactics: Combat, Minor Starships
- Tactics: Combat, Major Starships
- Tactics: Combat, Shuttles and Runabouts
- Tactics: Combat, Phasers and Photon Torpedos
- Tactics: Leadership
MINOR - COM & OPS - 11 Credits (8, 3 electives)
- Administration: StarFleet Bases and Outposts
- Administration: StarFleet Starships
- Astronomy: Astrophysics, General (Elective)
- Diplomacy: Hostile Species
- Engineering: Operations and Command Functions
- Engineering: Deflectors, Weapons and Security Systems
- Engineering: Base-Mode Operations
- Language: (Romulan and Vulcan).
- Tactics: Combat, Introduction to Starship Combat
- Tactics: Strategy of Battle 1 (Elective)
- Tactics: Strategy of Battle 2 (Elective)
|NPC Listing · Amity Outpost Crew Manifest · Crew History