Lieutenant Hanar Tuk was the chief of security and tactical aboard the USS Veritas. A chef as well, he retired in 2395 to open his own restaurant.
|Position||Chief of Security & Tactical|
- Age: 24
- Hair Color: None
- Eye Color: Pale Green/gold
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 185 lbs
- Physical Appearance: Hanar is a bit on the portly side revealing a lack of interest in athletics and an overdeveloped interest in cuisine. Like all Bolians, he is completely bald with a bifurcated ridge running vertically along the center of his face and body. He is a brighter, more vibrant shade of blue than most Bolians, which has always been a matter of vain pride. His eyes are a dull green/gold color, and he has a remarkably bright, cheerful smile.
- Bolian Intelligence Academy - 4 years
- Starfleet Academy - 4 Years - Majored in Ship & Planetary Security
- USS Liberator - 1 Year -Served as a Security Officer
- USS Terre Haute - 6 mos Served as Security Officer
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Commendations
- Personality: Straightforward, sometimes blunt to the point of being harsh at times. Enjoys a good joke and prank now and then, but while on duty, is all business. He can be quite social and friendly, at times flirty with the ladies. He can be obnoxious when he wants to be, or feels the need to be. Somewhat prone to belching, especially after a hearty meal.
- Strengths: Excellent skills with most phaser types, adept at hand-to-hand combat, extremely meticulous in the performance of his duties. above-average, well-honed problem solving skills.
- Weaknesses: Can be blunt, when he feels the need, prone to overeating.
- Likes: All manner of food and snacks, dry, witty humor,
- Dislikes: Rudeness, lack of diligence, impulsiveness, sloppy work habits.
- Ambitions: To be the best Starfleet Security Officer and one day rise through the ranks, perhaps to Chief of Starfleet Security, or higher..
- Quirks: Prone to belching, bows to the ladies, somewhat pompous around peers or others who he thinks is listening.
- Hobbies: Adel'iin, Vectorboarding, cards and cooking.
Hanar was born in (Year), to Olba Vaxx-Tuk, an oceanographer; Mo Baxx, a financial analyst for the Bank of Bolarus; and Zipok Taneko, a Bolian crystal steel dealer and freighter captain. Born near the warp core of his co-father's freighter in the same manner as his ten younger siblings would be, "Hanny" (as he prefers to be called) soon showed an early aptitude for Security and Tactical that was matched only by his adventurous spirit.
His training in the Security and investigation through Bolarus IX's renowned Intelligence Academy was punctuated during the summers by service aboard his co-father's freighter, the true highlight of Hanar's academic years. While his schoolmates were enrolled in summer camps to give them an academic edge, Olsam's adventurous nature was indulged through travel with Captain Taneko. Although his duties were limited by his competence, his service taught him to work with others aboard a starship and allowed him to visit systems like Benzar, Teneebia, Alpha Centauri, Sol and Tellar at a relatively young age.
Tuk continued his education in Security by focusing on Ship and Planetary Security and tactics at Starfleet Academy. Although he was considered an exemplary student, he was noted more for the desire to acquire and apply knowledge than to perform admirably on examinations and that left him only within the top half of his graduating class.
His time at the Academy was characterized by his penchant for eating and culinary arts and the occasional prank, or two, yet dogged determination. For his cadet field training, Tuk's request to be posted on the USS Essex, to assist the Security department aboard a Steamrunner class vessel whose responsibility was to patrol the outer fringes of the Romulan Neutral Zone, he saw some combat action during his field training.
Like many Security students, he was pressed into heavy tactical duties duty, which sparked his interest in tactical planning and maneuvers. After that he dove into honing his skills, in order to be the best he could be, at all times.
His thirst for knowledge led Hanar to seek increased responsibility, supported by his academic work and determination. His natural Bolian drive for excellence pressed him to continue working toward improving his skills in marksmanship and hand to hand combat, as well as general tactical skills.
After completing his training, Hanar was assigned to the USS Liberator. But he soon grew as disgruntled as a Bolian could be when his specialized skills failed to find a use during two years of planetary survey missions. He put in for a transfer to another ship, and was assigned to the USS Terre Haute and was quickly requested to serve as Acting Assistant Chief Security/Tactical Officer by the captain of the USS Terre Haute, who was eager to utilize Hanar’s skills in meeting the Terre Haute's mission of participating in preemptive patrol missions. Far better utilized aboard the Terre Haute, Hanar was soon assigned the added responsibility of training the security officers serving aboard the ship. He gained a reputation for being an extremely tough and demanding instructor but widely admired for his breadth of knowledge, expertise in Security and Tactical skills (and slightly goofy personality).
As Hanar continued to share his expertise and extensive knowledge, his reputation got around and soon, paperwork was initiated to have him transferred to the the USS Garuda.
Paperwork and new orders found him transferred to the USS Invicta.
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History