|Birthplace||Tuckerberg, Archer IV|
Lieutenant Geoffrey Teller, a Human Engineering Officer is serving as Chief Engineer aboard the USS Veritas.
- Full name: Geoffrey John Teller, also known as GJ/GoodJob Teller.
- Date of birth (Age): 26
- Species: Human
- Gender: Male
- Hair color: Red
- Eye color: Green
- Height:: 5'5"
- Parents: June (Human, F) and Franz (Human, M), both missing and presumed deceased when transport ship was lost in an ion storm 5 years ago.
- Siblings: Sarah, elder sister. Currently a holoartist living in Armstrong City on Luna, married to Sandra T'leth with children Franz Jr. and Charlotte.
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
Born on Archer IV, GJ Teller's early life was a pleasant one in the streets and parks of a major Federation colony. His parents, refugees from the Dominion War, re-settled on Archer IV to provide their son with a chance at a peaceful life. They soon found that GJ had a penchant for disassembling any piece of technology left unattended, and by his sixth birthday he could usually reassemble them without major calamity. His father, a transphasic welding specialist for the local shipworks, encouraged an eager minded child by having him sit within incomplete hulls and tracing where complex systems would be laid out or how welds would hold the vessel together. After apprenticing at the yards and becoming one of their youngest certified techs, GJ earned the nickname 'GoodJob' for the constant high standard of his work. After his parents untimely death, GJ decided he needed a new direction in his life and applied to Starfleet Academy. While his innate problem solving and mechanical skills were a huge boon, some of the more advanced and subtle disciplines were a constant challenge and GJ often feels he still has a great deal to learn. He still feels raw about the death of his parents and can't help but hope that somehow, they're still out there.
Geoffrey Tellers Starfleet career began as an Engineering Ensign aboard the USS Veritas in 2395, where he was assigned fresh out of the Academy. His first deep space assignment quickly put his talents to the test as he participated in a rescue operation to recover a stranded away team on the Shoals colony of Havley's Hope. Of note, two members of the team would become personally significant to Teller in the short term. The first, his new department head and Chief Engineer, Lael Rosek, and the second, Doctor German Galven, an Ensign and Teller's first roommate. As Teller slowly settled into life aboard ship, he began to learn the craft of Starship engineering from his boss and the humorous side of Starship life from his roomie. Unfortunately, these relationships were short lived as, less than a month after being assigned, almost half the crew of the Veritas (Rosek and Galven included), were transferred to the severely damaged and understaffed USS Montreal. This proved to be a pivotal moment early in Geoffrey Teller's career.
With the unexpected staff changes aboard ship, Ensign Teller was promoted to Acting Chief Engineer as tensions with the Tholian Alliance exploded into armed conflict. Just as he received this unexpected increase in responsibilities, he was joined in Engineering by Wil Ukinix, another recent Academy graduate who would go on to be one of Teller's closest friends and most trusted colleagues. The two rapidly established a rapport which was tested as the Veritas was called to locate and then scuttle the USS Artemis. The mission itself was successful, but a severe injury as he was evacuating the doomed ship left lasting physical and psychological scars that Teller would continue to wrestle with long after the mission was over.
With his injuries barely healed, Geoffrey Teller was again pushed near breaking by the sudden evacuation of the USS Veritas as it was embroiled in a trap laid by the Temporal Integrity Commission, crippling the Veritas and stranding the crew on the tropical moon that would come to be known as Limbo. For the next several months, Geoffrey Teller struggled against the elements, dwindling supplies, lashing heat and oppressive sun as he, along with Wil Ukinix and the rest of the Engineering team, fought to build and maintain an infrastructure for the marooned crew. As weeks turned into months, a physically and psychologically exhausted Teller made a critical breakthrough in Fourth Dimensional Thinking with the assistance of Wil Ukinix that lead to a desperate rescue plan which would save the crew and the ship by the narrowest of margins.
Finally returned to their proper time and place in the universe, Geoffrey Teller and Wil Ukinix, along with Wil's formidable paramour G'var, spent a wild shoreleave in and around the Esperence starbase and soon found themselves caught up in a quest for gold in the form of the Bolian Rose, a near fabled lost currency transport, courtesy of Mistress IA, an Orion pirate who blackmailed them into becoming unwilling treasure hunters. In a desperate moment, Geoffrey Teller invokes the persona of a fearsome pirate Captain, Silas Finley, who would prove to take on a life of his own much to Teller's dismay.
Back aboard ship, Geoffrey Teller and Captain Rosharana Rahman spend time working together on the numerous repairs and upgrades the Veritas is receiving before an unexpected injury exposes an embarrassing souvenirs from Teller's wild shoreleave, testing their personal and professional relationship.
With the ship repaired and back underway, the Veritas is again thrown into danger as they confront the mysterious Mentharian defense system known as 'Sentinel.' For the first time, Geoffrey Teller is placed in command of the Veritas and is faced with enormous challenges as the ship comes under attack by Tholian forces while the Captain and First Officer are cut off and out of contact. It's during this crisis that Teller has his first taste of the awesome responsibilities that come with the Big Chair, along with the dreadful consequences after the mission when he's forced to confront the loss of an officer under his command.
Geoffrey Teller tends towards humorous professionalism. He's affable, approachable and prefers to engage the people he works with on a personal level. He has been known to take excessive risks to protect his fellow crew members, often to his own eventual harm. Geoffrey has no problem getting his hands dirty and has a completely hands on approach to any project, preferring to be in the thick of it and working 'from the front,' regardless of the difficulty or danger.
- Geoffrey Teller is quite fond of old wetnavy sea shanties and will take any opportunity to share them, loudly and poorly, with his colleagues and friends.
- Dr. German Galven
Geoffrey Teller's first bunkmate aboard the Veritas, the two immediately hit it off and became fast friends in the aftermath of Teller's fist mission, an incident on Havley's Hope colony in the Shoals. They have kept in touch via subspace when possible since Galven was reassigned to the USS Montreal.
Geoffrey Teller's first subordinate after his surprise promotion to acting Chief Engineer, Wil has been a colleague and close friend ever since, with the two working together regularly during their long stay-over on Limbo. Among other notable achievements, they have:
-Scuttled an Odyssey Class Starship
-Hand built a large scale irrigation system for The New Risa Resort & Spa
-Hand built a hot tub for the same encampment
-Taught each other several excellent shanties
-Upgraded a cybernetic prosthetic arm used by Lt. Jg. G'Var
A towering Klingon security officer who formed a deep bond with Wil Ukinix on the planet Limbo, Geoff Teller and G'var's friendship was cemented after the inebriated upgrade of her prostetic arm and their subsequent adventures attempting to recover the Lost Treasure of the Bolian Rose. Stern, resolute and absolutely devoted to her duty and her friends, G'var has frequently been a source of comradeship for Geoff.
Geoffrey Teller's first commanding officer, Captain Rahman has been a regular source of inspiration and guidance who has often given Geoffrey opportunities for personal achievement and advancement. In return for these opportunities and after becoming aware of the Captains personal tastes, Geoffrey designed and built a coffee bar (The Brew Continuum) aboard the Veritas, and hand delivered one of the first cups, along with the first batch of prepared coffee beans, to the Captain herself.
- Expert Generalist Engineer
- Master tinkerer and improviser
- Solid scrounger, generally able to find, borrow or re-purpose what he needs to get a job done
- Mediocre carpenter and plumber
- Expert barista
- Broke 4 ribs and suffered a punctured lung during the scuttling of the USS Artemis.
- Suffers from acute PTSD related claustrophobia aboard small craft, shuttles and workbees, due to a near death experience after the destruction of the USS Artemis.
- Dislocated right shoulder in a shuttle crash during the evacuation of the USS Veritas to the planet Limbo, which has popped out once during heavy labor.
- Tattoo on left bicep depicting a stylized USS Veritas ridden by an equally stylized version of Captain Rahman, dressed in early Starfleet era miniskirt and boots.
- "Eye Opening Power" - 2395 - Young Ensign Teller builds a coffee shop aboard the USS Veritas.
- "Shore Leave Traditions, Parts 1 & 2" - 2395 - Lt. Jg. Teller and Ensign Wil Ukinix blow off a bit too much steam on their first night of Shoreleave.
- "The Lost Treasure of the Bolian Rose" - 2395 - A consolidated series of joint posts between G'var, Wil Ukinix and Geoffrey Teller in which the three of them hunt for a fabled treasure. The first book in the Silas Finley Saga.
- "A Rogue Amongst The Stars" - 2396 - A consolidated series of joint posts between Rosharana Rahman, Kinan Venroe and Geoffrey Teller in which a casual cruise turns into a dangerous game of bluffmanship with a set of pirates. The second book in the Silas Finley Saga.
- "This isn't my chair" - 2396 - A consolidated series of posts regarding Lt. Jg. Teller's first experience in command of the USS Veritas.
- Aagan Eislas - Son of the 20th House - Betazed Diplomatic Attache
-Father of Sky Blake's daughter, Faith, a fact he was unaware of until Sky contacted him seeking help to get the young woman repatriated into the Federation.
- F'red - Tholian Warrior Caste - Formerly of the T'kath Tholis
- Deputy Marshall Lucius Calbert - Colonial Coalition Marshals Service
- Kifog Wush - Captain Owner of the S.S. Uber
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
Character Interaction Achievements
Current Ships Roster
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History