Lieutenant Geoffrey Teller, a Human Engineering Officer is serving as Chief Engineer aboard the USS Veritas.
||Tuckerberg, Archer IV
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
Silver Lifesaving Ribbon
Legion of Merit
Extended Service Ribbon
Tholian Campaign Ribbon
- Full name: Geoffrey John Teller, also known as GJ/GoodJob Teller.
- Date of birth (Age): 26
- Species: Human
- Gender: Male
- Hair color: Red
- Eye color: Green
- Height:: 5'5"
- Parents: June (Human, F) and Franz (Human, M), both missing and presumed deceased when transport ship was lost in an ion storm 5 years ago.
- Siblings: Sarah, elder sister. Currently a holoartist living in Armstrong City on Luna, married to Sandra T'leth with children Franz Jr. and Charlotte.
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
Born on Archer IV, GJ Teller's early life was a pleasant one in the streets and parks of a major Federation colony. His parents, refugees from the Dominion War, re-settled on Archer IV to provide their son with a chance at a peaceful life. They soon found that GJ had a penchant for disassembling any piece of technology left unattended, and by his sixth birthday he could usually reassemble them without major calamity. His father, a transphasic welding specialist for the local shipworks, encouraged an eager minded child by having him sit within incomplete hulls and tracing where complex systems would be laid out or how welds would hold the vessel together. After apprenticing at the yards and becoming one of their youngest certified techs, GJ earned the nickname 'GoodJob' for the constant high standard of his work. After his parents untimely death, GJ decided he needed a new direction in his life and applied to Starfleet Academy. While his innate problem solving and mechanical skills were a huge boon, some of the more advanced and subtle disciplines were a constant challenge and GJ often feels he still has a great deal to learn. He still feels raw about the death of his parents and can't help but hope that somehow, they're still out there.
Geoffrey Teller tends towards humorous professionalism. He's affable, approachable and prefers to engage the people he works with on a personal level. He has been known to take excessive risks to protect his fellow crew members, often to his own eventual harm. Geoffrey has no problem getting his hands dirty and has a completely hands on approach to any project, preferring to be in the thick of it and working 'from the front,' regardless of the difficulty or danger.
- Geoffrey Teller is quite fond of old wetnavy sea shanties and will take any opportunity to share them, loudly and poorly, with his colleagues and friends.
Geoffrey Teller's first bunkmate aboard the Veritas, the two immediately hit it off and became fast friends in the aftermath of Teller's fist mission, an incident on Havley's Hope colony in the Shoals. They have kept in touch via subspace when possible since Galven was reassigned to the USS Montreal.
Geoffrey Teller's first subordinate after his surprise promotion to acting Chief Engineer, Wil has been a colleague and close friend ever since, with the two working together regularly during their long stay-over on Limbo. Among other notable achievements, they have:
-Scuttled an Odyssey Class Starship
-Hand built a large scale irrigation system for The New Risa Resort & Spa
-Hand built a hot tub for the same encampment
-Taught each other several excellent shanties
-Upgraded a cybernetic prosthetic arm used by Lt. Jg. G'Var
A towering Klingon security officer who formed a deep bond with Wil Ukinix on the planet Limbo, Geoff Teller and G'var's friendship was cemented after the inebriated upgrade of her prostetic arm and their subsequent adventures attempting to recover the Lost Treasure of the Bolian Rose. Stern, resolute and absolutely devoted to her duty and her friends, G'var has frequently been a source of comradeship for Geoff.
Geoffrey Teller's first commanding officer, Captain Rahman has been a regular source of inspiration and guidance who has often given Geoffrey opportunities for personal achievement and advancement. In return for these opportunities and after becoming aware of the Captains personal tastes, Geoffrey designed and built a coffee bar (The Brew Continuum) aboard the Veritas, and hand delivered one of the first cups, along with the first batch of prepared coffee beans, to the Captain herself.
- Expert Generalist Engineer
- Master tinkerer and improviser
- Solid scrounger, generally able to find, borrow or re-purpose what he needs to get a job done
- Mediocre carpenter and plumber
- Expert barista
- Broke 4 ribs and suffered a punctured lung during the scuttling of the USS Artemis.
- Suffers from acute PTSD related claustrophobia aboard small craft, shuttles and workbees, due to a near death experience after the destruction of the USS Artemis.
- Dislocated right shoulder in a shuttle crash during the evacuation of the USS Veritas to the planet Limbo, which has popped out once during heavy labor.
- Tattoo on left bicep depicting a stylized USS Veritas ridden by an equally stylized version of Captain Rahman, dressed in early Starfleet era miniskirt and boots.