|Guinevere Aurelia Gardener|
|Beloved Friend and Engineer|
|Hong Kong, China Earth|
“Do you like it?”
Lieutenant Gwen Gardener died an accidental and overly senseless death while serving as Chief Engineer aboard the USS Atlantis.
- 1 Stats & Appearance
- 2 Relationships
- 3 Background
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Service History
- 7 Awards & Service Ribbons
- 8 Holo-program Archive
- 9 SIM Archive
- 10 Trading Card
Stats & Appearance
- Full Name: Guinevere Aurelia Gardener
- AKA: Gwen
- Race: Human/Terran
- Gender: Female
- Height: 1.67 Meters
- Weight: 68 Kilograms
- Hair: Reddish-Brown (More red than brown)
- Length of Hair: Moderate, down to just above her breast.
- Eyes: Green
- Build: Slim
- Skin Tone: Ivory
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Serial Number: AB- 294 - 660
- Arms: Her arms are well muscled but slim; and her hands are dainty, calloused, and remarkably smooth.
- Carriage: Usually carries herself with an air of confidence and cheerfulness.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Comfortable, easy to move in.
- Handedness: Right
- Telepathic Status: None
- Languages: Federation Standard (Fluent), Romanian (Fluent), Mandarin Chinese (Fluent), Klingon (Fluent)
Ladon was one of Gwen's few friends at Starfleet Academy, and she considered him one of her best friends.
Gwen's first Captain. They met when Gwen first came aboard the Atlantis while the crew was on shore leave on Uzoka Four. Though their contact was limited Gwen admired his leadership, respected him for it, and probably would have followed him to the edge of the stars and back...except...she died first.
They met during a crisis aboard the Atlantis and worked very closely with one another to cure the Atlantis and the crew. They made fast friends and were romantically involved for a time. However following Wyn's transfer to the Apollo Gwen broke down and ended things. Exactly why she did this remains a mystery, a mystery that Gwen has now taken to her grave and will now never be solved.
Thomas Kody Janeway came aboard the Atlantis in the middle of a very complicated mission and was picking up the slack until Gwen recovered from near fatal injuries. It was during that first encounter that Gwen took an almost kid brother like view of the man. In making his feelings for Gwen known, he hurt her and was removed from Starfleet for it.
Gwen met Sabrina just after Wyn transferred off the Atlantis. Though they interacted in a professional capacity they never took the time to know each other off the clock, but they were close enough to at least be considered friends.
Gwen was born and raised in Hong-Kong, China on Terra. Her father was a wealthy American CEO of a major Fashion industry (Gardener Designs) and her mother was a top-rated international super-model. Her parents were around a lot when she was little then that changed as she was growing up, and Gwen was primarily raised by her Chinese nanny, Ying-Li. Gwen's father, Ryan, was assassinated on her thirteenth birthday right in front of her, and she has never looked at her birthday the same way again. Though she and her father were never close he meant a lot to her. Gwen's mother, Stella, sold Gardener Designs for a large amount of money and then died of a brain tumor right after her eighteenth birthday leaving Gwen with her parents combined fortune. After her mother's funeral, Gwen flew to San Francisco to attend Starfleet Academy and she doubled majored in Engineering and Helm/Navigation. She studied Klingon while in school.
Ying-Li nurtured Gwen's love of machines at an early age and it was because of Ying-Li that Gwen headed for Starfleet in the first place. Gwen decided on her first day at Starfleet Academy that she wanted to do more then fix ships, but to fly them to. Though Gwen was better at fixing ships, she was a very capable pilot and was more then willing to take the helm in an emergency if need be. Gwen also swore on her mother's freshly dug grave that one day she would go for both her dreams and the stars and be a Captain in her own right...sadly that is one of many promises she is now no longer able to keep.
Gwen had serious intimacy issues that stem from her fear of dying in front of someone she cares about. Because it was hard for her to truly be more then friends with people, she had only ever been in love once and was willing do whatever it takes to keep that love alive, though she did fear that her relationship will fall apart. She ended that one relationship just before her death for reasons not even she understood.
Mental issues:Gwen has three mental issues that she knows of, the first being a Loneliness complex, she has a hard time finding and making friends; and the second being an event triggered PTSD, traumatic flashbacks from her father's death haunt her birthdays and reinforce her fear of dying in front of someone she cares about. To this end, anyone who can get her to truly enjoy her birthday will have accomplished an impressive feat indeed. The third mental issue...well...she's okay talking about it, but its dark and complicated. You have been warned.
- Hobbies: Gwen spendt her spare time tinkering and creating holo-programs because she thought it was fun and sometimes they have more practical applications.
- Random Facts: Gwen sometimes took random hints and jokes literally and turned them into reality via holo-programs. Gwen had developed a strange fascination for arranging, planning, and executing parties.
- Cultural anomalies: Though Gwen was raised in China she did adopt some but not all of their traditions. Among the traditions she has adopted are that White is for Mourning (and to that end hates her dress whites unless someone died.) Red is for Weddings, and origami cranes are for good luck.
- Favorite Meal: Honey Walnut prawns with steamed white rice and vegetable pot stickers served with Jasmine Green Tea.
- Favorite Color: Ice Blue
- Favorite Music: Instrumental, Techno being her true favorite.
- Favorite Past times: Making origami and holo-programs
- Favorite Tea: Jasmine Green Tea
- Favorite Alcoholic beverage: Tequila Sunrise
Stella Gardener, a Terran Romanian International Supermodel, died of a brain tumor on SD 2370808.14 and is currently deceased.
Ryan Gardener, an American CEO of a Fashion Company was gunned down and died from a single phaser burn right between the Eyes on SD 2370308.13 and is currently deceased.
Elindra Kax - Stella Gardener's adopted sister.
Sorlo Kax - Elindra's husband.
Sassi Kax - Daughter of Elindra & Sorlo Kax.
|Cadet First Class||239105.25||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Engineer|
|Ensign||239105.25 - 239108.26||USS Atlantis||Engineer|
|Lieutenant JG||239108.26 - 239110.30||USS Atlantis||Engineer|
|Lieutenant||239110.30 - 239203.12||USS Atlantis||Chief Engineer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Good Conduct Ribbon||239110.30||USS Atlantis|
|Genesis Award||239112.18||USS Atlantis|
|Phoenix Award||239201.01||USS Atlantis|
These are holo-programs of Gwen's own creation.
In Chronological Order these sims are the defining moments of Gwen's life and career.
- SD: 239105.25 Intro and Damage Report - Gwen's arrival on the USS Atlantis
- SD: 239108.26 Promotions - Gwen's promotion from Ensign to Lt. JG.
- SD: 239110.19 End Program - Gwen's first kiss with Dr. Shar'Wyn Foster
- SD: 239110.31 Dinner Time! - Gwen's promotion to Lt. and Chief Engineer of the USS Atlantis
- SD: 239201.27 Goodbye - Gwen's forced Farewell to Wyn
- SD: 239203.12 Drop Dead - Gwen's Senseless and sudden death
|NPC Listing · USS Atlantis Crew Manifest · Crew History