Ensign G'Dok was serving as a HCO Officer aboard the USS Astraeus.
- Height: 1.67m
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Dark Brown
Whom does your character get on with or not get on with? For now, pick one member of your current crew and enter their name below, then describe the nature of your character's relationship with them.
Born on Starbase 74, orbiting Tarsas III, young G'Dok spent their formative years following their mother's career trajectory as a Starfleet Security officer as she moved from starbase to starbase. Once they reached the age of eight, the family decided that it would be better for their stability, always a key concern to any Lurian family, to spend the rest of their youth on the homeworld.
This was a delightful period for G'Dok. They climbed the mountains in the foothills of which their father, a local schoolteacher, made his home, read poetry and history and philosophy, and got into just the right amount of trouble for a young person to find themselves.
G'Dok was more surprised than anyone that their application to Starfleet Academy was accepted; although their mother had no doubt in her mind and their father said that G'Dok was "a natural," privately G'Dok believes it had more to do with crew shortages caused by several decades of higher-than-usual combat encounters than any inherent value that they may possess.
At the Academy, G'Dok found that they were well-adapted to academic life after years around their father; absorbing everything they could, they chose to pursue two majors. One, in Communications/Operations via the Command college, more or less at their mother's insistence; the second, a Science major focusing on history, sociology, and linguistics as their specialist disciplines. In both courses of study, their determination and better-than-average memory served them well, although their abundance of extra-curricular activities (Kotra Society President; Free Climbers' Club Vice-President; The Locked Room [a mystery-themed social club] Founding Member and Secretary; The Hansen Boxing Club; &c.) and tendency for romantic entanglements somewhat stilted their achievements.
G'Dok graduated with a respectable but far from stellar academic record (perhaps their relationship with their parents is best summed up by the responses that they received from each: while G'Dok's mother bemoaned that they "could have done better if they'd focused on the Command track" their father, who looked over the course record in detail, simply said "Good job, kiddo; you learned a lot").
|Cadet First Class||239609.04||Graduated Starfleet Academy||HCO Officer|
|Ensign||239609.04 - Present||USS Astraeus||HCO Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons
- (We've gone ahead and filled in your first service ribbon: the Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon. As you complete missions and continue to serve with the fleet, you'll earn additional awards and service ribbons that you can post here, with the date you got them! For full instructions on how to add more awards and service ribbons, check out Template:Ribbons Display.)
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)