How frail the human heart must be - a mirrored pool of thought. Sylvia Plath
|LOA/ Private practice
|(Dr.) Devana Franks
||Civilian Medical Officer
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
Department Chief Ribbon
- Full Name: Devana Franks
- Race: Rutian/Terran
- Date of Birth: 235103.21
- Place of Birth: Betazed
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 60kg or 132lbs
- Hair Color: Auburn hair with dark streak in front.
- Length of Hair: Shoulder length curly
- Age: 46
- Eye Color: Blue, green with green dominating.
- Skin Tone: Fair skinned.
- Birthmarks, Scars: Birth Mark on left shoulder.
- Build: Athletic.
- Handedness: Right.
- Voice: Husky but soft.
- Favourite Room: Living room - She loves to lounge on her large white sofa's with a good book and something hot to drink.
- Habits: She enjoys coffee and muffins. She has a habit of being stubborn but fragile.
- Mannerisms: When she's upset or angry she shuts down.
- Religion/ Spiritual Devotion: Spiritual, she does not believe in anything specific.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: She doesn't really have any hobbies beside reading when she gets the chance.
- Likes: She likes open people, long lazy walks on the beach and bloody mary's.
- Dislikes: She dislikes earl mornings, cold coffee...and hypocrites.
- Ambitions and Goals: She has achieved most of her goals in life except for finding true happiness.
- Achievements in life: She has achieved numerous medical awards, and commendations.
- Disappointments in Life: Her failed relationships.
- Mental problems(Complexes and phobias): None
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: Daughter - Marie Franks (Father deceased Lt. Cmdr Mike Weller)(Born: 237809.30)
- Father: Clark Franks
- Mother: Alice Jennie Franks
- Siblings: James Franks
- Notable Relationships: Engaged to Mark Owens (deceased); Engaged to Lt. Cmdr Mike Weller (previously presumed dead), Engaged to Jerrod Neeshum (Deceased).
Devana Franks was born on stardate 2352 on Betazed to Clark (Terran) and Alice (Rutian) Franks.
Devana's mother was presumed dead upon the destruction of the diplomatic ship she was traveling on while traveling through the Prada System during the civil ware in the Gamma quadrant. At the age of eight her Father decided to return to Earth to continue his work for Starfleet in San Francisco.
At the age of sixteen she was sentenced to four months community service. After completing her medical training she spent some time looking after her father who had fallen ill with Cancer. In 23760921 the cancer went into remission. After much consideration and persuasion from her father and brother she decided to join Starfleet.
During her time in Starfleet she had only had one relationship, and that was with Lt. Cmdr Mike Weller. Due to unfortunate circumstances Lt. Cmdr Mike Weller passed away leaving Lt. Franks to raise there daughter Marie alone.
- Notes: During her second year studying at the SFU their is a period of a year which she took in absence. With the air of one of her lecturers she was able to do this without any severe consequence's to her studies. Her lecturer a Dr. Amberson was a member of the Maquis which Devana was as well. She dedicated herself and her efforts to more in the field work such as infliration missions into Cardassian territory and other missions of that nature. She did this along with her fiance at the time Mark Owens (who was recently killed by her during a mission in which he was the main instigator.) Devana terminated her alliance and membership to the Maquis after being severly injured in a bombing outside of Starfleet headquarters, during which caused her to loose her unborn child. She thurs returned to her studies and completed them.
||Photo Gallery of Devana Franks & Family
||2377 - 2380
||During her time in Starfleet
||Serving as ACMO - Albion
||2377 - 2377
||As a Ensign
||Serving as Medical officer aboard the USS Isannah
||2380 - 2380
||As a Lt. Cmdr
||Serving as CMO
- 2370: Began her Medical studies at SFU. Majored in the following fields:
-Chemistry: Organic Chemistry 1
-Chemistry: Organic Chemistry 2
-Medicine: Pharmacology 1
-Medicine: Pharmacology 2
-Medicine: Surgery, Major-Humanoid Species
-Medicine: Surgery, Non-Humanoid Species
-Medicine: Post-Operative Conditions
-Medicine: Bedside Manner
-Medicine: Diagnosis, Terran
-Medicine: Diagnosis, (Non-Terran, Major Species)(Betazed and Ferengi)
-Xenobiology: Cell Biology, Non-Humanoid
-Xenobiology: Physiology, Terran
-Xenobiology: Physiology, (Non-Terran, Major Species)
-Xenobiology: Physiology, (Non-Terran, Minor Species)
-Xenobiology: Genetics, Humanoid 1
-Xenobiology: Genetics, Humanoid 2
-Xenobiology: Genetics, Non-Humanoid 1
-Xenobiology: Microbiology 1 (Bacteria)
-Xenobiology: Microbiology 2 (Virii)
-Xenobiology: Reproductive Biology
- 2371: Due to certain reasons she had to repeat her first year.
- 2375: Graduated with honors. An after much persuasion from her father decided to apply to Starfleet.
- 2376: Was accepted to Starfleet Academy were she completed a two year breaching course.
- 2377.06: - She was accepted into Starfleet Academy.
She was assigned to the USS Isannah as one of the ship's doctors. After the departure of the ship's assistant medical officer she was promoted to this position. She served aboard the Isannah for almost a year and half under the guidance of Commander Gear.
On the leave of the Captain Callen the crew of the Isannah were transferred to the Ranger-A. On board the Ranger she was promoted to Chief Medical Officer and has been serving on board for the past couple of months. The crew of the Ranger-A were then transferred to the USS Hammond were she continued to serve as the Chief Medical Officer for a brief time. She was then transferred to StarBase-118 Black Tower were she served as the new CMO.
StarBase-118 Black Tower was than disbanded thus all of her crew were transferred to the USS Albion. After a short time aboard the USS Albion and due to differences occurring between Devana and some of the Albion crew and the ship's Captain, she put in for a transfer to the USS Columbia and has been contently and happily serving aboard the Columbia as her new CMO. Due to the retirement of the Columbia's Captain, Captain Mal Avatar the Columbia crew was split up and Devana choose to transfer to the USS Constitution-B. After a year or two of service on the Constitution-B, Devana decided to retired from Starfleet and return to Earth with her daughter to give a more stable and normal upbringing. Currently a private practicing doctor.
- USS Columbia
- [[The Orion Syndicate (Columbia)/]
- [[The Delorean Encounter (Columbia)/]
- [[Stranded on Ambrosia (Columbia)/]
||Cadet First Class
||Graduated Starfleet Academy
||237706.23 - 237802.20
||Assistant Chief Medical Officer
||237802.24 - 237812.17
||Chief Medical Officer
||237812.17 - 237906.30
||Chief Medical Officer
||237906.30 - 238006.24
||Chief Medical Officer
||238201.27 - 238302.14
||238302.14 - 238401.05
||Chief Medical Officer
||238401.05 - 238501.04
||Chief Medical Officer - Took Leave of Abscence
- For award descriptions, see: Awards and Service Ribbons