Difference between revisions of "Evanna Blackwood"
(Updating for new ship.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Lieutenant JG '''Evanna Blackwood''', a [[Terran]], is currently serving aboard the [[USS
Lieutenant JG '''Evanna Blackwood''', a [[Terran]], is currently serving aboard the [[USS ]] as a [[Science_(Duty_Post)|Science Officer]].
Revision as of 12:40, 23 November 2011
- Full Name: Evanna Blackwood
- Clan: Douglas
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236109.06
- Place of Birth: Avieorn, New Scotland
- Nationality: Scottish
- Age: 27
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'4"
- Hair Color: Auburn
- Length of Hair: Short, wavy.
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Voice: Has a Scottish Accent
- Handedness: Cross-Dominant
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Outdoor and nature pursuits, including hiking, kayaking, bird spotting.
- Likes: Cooking, traditional scottish crafts.
- Dislikes: Public Speaking, crowded places, getting drunk.
- Ambitions and Goals: To explore the flora and fauna of other planets and develop new, natural medicinal salves and remedies.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: David Blackwood: (Age 59) (Occupation: Fleet Co-ordinator PDS corp. (Planetary Delivery Services.))
- Mother: Gillian Blackwood: (Age 54) (Cleaner.)
- Siblings: Ella Blackwood: (Age 22) (Music teacher.)
Evanna and Arden are childhood friends, they got to know each other through the business dealings of their fathers. Holding a highly regarded and important position in PDS corporation, David had many dealings with the Cain family and their interstellar freight company. David and Willard became good friends through business and the two families would often come together for important occassions, such as Christmas feasts.
Neither Evanna or Arden had initially planned to join StarFleet after finishing schools and though they kept in touch and occassionally saw each other - they were doing their own thing. As fate would have it they ended up joining StarFleet together and were best friends, supporting each other throughout the academy.
Though they were assigned to different ships they still keep in touch via subpace communications.
- 236209.06: Born in Avieorn, (a traditional highland town that is very popular with local and interplanetary tourists due to the scenic mountains and huge selection of outdoor activities and great nightlife.)
- 237807.29: Graduates from Avieorn Academy with average results.
- 237808.15: Employed in Avieorn as a mountain leader, taking tourists on tours, expeditions, leading activities at the outdoors centres. Volunteers in free time with MRS (Mountain Rescue Service.)
- 238408.01: Enrols at StarFleet Academy.
- 238507.10: Spends her first summer on campus taking an extra course in Survival: Land-based survival in Desert, Ocean, Jungle and Moderate Conditions.
- 238707.07: Spends a portion of her third summer on an away trip to a nearby system with a group of select cadets to do research on local flora to find new medicinal remedies and gain real experience of a research away mission.
- 238801.05: Graduates from StarFleet Academy with a science major, specialising in evolution, adaptation and conservation.
- 238805.03: Begins StarFleet Academy cadet cruise.
- 238805.09: Completed the cadet cruise and is promoted to Ensign.
- 238805.10: Assigned first duty post upon the USS Aurora as a science officer.
- 238806.09: Promoted to head of the biology department and assistant chief science officer.
- 238810.18: Promoted to Lieutenant JG.
- 238810.25: Tranferred and moved into the USS Avandar a brand new Luna class vessel which the majority of the USS Aurora crew had been transferred to.
Evanna has always loved the natural environment and the solitude and peace it offers. She graduated from school with average results and went to work as a mountain leader taking people hiking and climbing in the local mountains and leading various adventure activities. She studied the local flora and fauna casually and enjoyed being able to pass on her knowledge and skills to others. After a chance meeting with a StarFleet recuiter she was persuaded that this was the perfect opportunity for her to flourish and learn in a way that she hadn't been able to at school. Evanna is of average intelligence at best, she found the academy training very difficult and spent a lot more time than other average students studying, just to keep up. She graduated with a science major and has great aptitude for her specialist area - Zoology with particular interest in evolution, adaptation and conservation. She is primarily interested in the research of flora and fauna, in particular she seeks to find new, natural remedies and medicines. She took an extra course during a summer break on survival in various climates and conditions as this was similar to work she was familiar with and enjoyed, she wanted to take it a stage further. Due to her previous experience and extra training Evanna is an ideal candidate for search and rescue operations. She maintains good physical health and frequently challenges herself to be stronger and have greater stamina, but most essentially - be faster.
“Miss E. Blackwood is clearly a very private but warm and passionate individual. She has a strong sense of pride and has expectations of herself in excess of those she has of other people. These personal expectations are unrealistically high, and she moves the bar for success ever higher making them extremely hard to meet. She is very hard on herself if she feels she has not met these standards. Evaluation shows that in terms of IQ and creativity, Blackwood is average at best. She believes that it is her determination and natural curiosity that have seen her through to graduation rather than her intelligence. She has had to sacrifice extra time to study to bring her up to the same level as other average students as she feels it takes her a little longer to learn things at times and she has a fear of not having the answers when called upon to deliver them. Blackwood is always ready with a smile and will encourage anyone, she loves nothing more than being able to help other people. She may appear confident on the outside as a result, but having lacked friends during her academy days she has been left feeling as though she is unable to make friends. Overall Miss E. Blackwood has a stable personality and will be able to perform her role in StarFleet with diligence and attention to detail. I believe the issues I have picked up on will be resolved in time, I have given her some coaching and some data to take away and review to help her begin the journey.” Dr Johnston, Counsellor, Starbase 118 branch StarFleet Academy
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238801.05
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Current Assignment: USS Avandar
- Duty Post: Science Officer