Evan Delano (alternate)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|USS Ronin-A (alternate)|
|Birthplace||Albany, New York, Earth|
- For the prime universe character, see Evan Delano.
- Evan inherited much of his father's height, and stands at approximately 1.91 meters tall. He has a strong, muscular build, with dark, short hair, and light skin. His blue eyes carry the weight of the atrocities he's witnessed in the years since Earth fell to the Dominion. ON his left shoulder blade, he still carries the remnants of a large hemangioma he was born with.
- Both passionate and friendly, Evan was something of an optimist, but following the deaths of his surviving family during the Fall of Starbase 118, Evan's been withdrawn. These days, he spends most of the time focusing on his work. It helps that the ship has been taken to the brink so many times that there's always more to do than he can actually manage. He does still practice martial arts in one of the ship's cargo bays, when he can find the time, and he's also gotten close to Mei'konda, the ship's first officer.
- Evan's parents met at a civilian engineering conference in New Berlin on Luna in 2365. Their meeting extended into a short-lived affair which ended when Evan's father, Kedall, confessed that he was married. Ashamed at what he saw as an "emotional outburst," Kedall returned to Vulcan and broke off all contact with Evan's mother. During his early years, Evan had a troubled childhood in which he struggled to control his erratic, sometimes violent emotional outbursts. He resented his stepfather and refused to accept his surname when he married his mother. Though Evan and his stepfather have since reconciled their differences, he continues to use his mother's maiden name. Evan's inability to control his emotions eventually got him into trouble after he severely injured another classmate over a minor altercation.
- Evan was to be admitted to a juvenile rehabilitation center until Kedall intervened and offered to take him to Vulcan to be properly trained to control his emotions. Temporarily placed in the guardianship of his biological father, Evan was on Vulcan when Earth fell to the Dominion. Devastated by being cut off from his home, and not knowing whether his mother survived, Evan's struggles on Vulcan continued. Yet, over time, he learned to control his emotions through the use of basic Vulcan meditation exercises combined with his devotion to learning Suus Mahna. Eventually, Evan even found an uneasy peace with his father, and accepted his place among the family.
- Evan and most of his family escaped Vulcan aboard the USS Garuda when the Dominion attacked and captured the planet in 2384, though the Garuda was badly damaged in the attempt, with most of the engineering staff killed or badly injured. Kedall assumed command of engineering and used his considerable knowledge of the Garuda's propulsion systems to lead repair efforts and help the ship retreat to Starbase 118. As Kedall received a field commision to become Garuda's official chief engineer, Evan decided to attend the surviving Academy campus on Starbase 118. Evan spent only 18 months as a cadet before receiving his commission and first assignment to the USS Tiger. Evan eventually transferred to the Garuda to assist in a complete overhaul of the ship's tactical and propulsion systems. In 2390, Evan was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and became the USS Ronin-A's chief engineer.
- 236602.10: Born in Albany, New York on Earth.
- 236804.05: Mother married stepfather Jim North in a ceremony on Earth.
- 237409.02: Arrested and charged as a juvenile for assaulting and severely injuring a classmate.
- 237409.07: Travelled to Vulcan under temporary guardianship of his father to master Vulcan techniques for controlling his volatile emotions.
- 237412.05: Earth falls to the Dominion.
- 237811.27: Experienced first pon farr on Vulcan.
- 238410.20: Escaped from Vulcan on board the USS Garuda.
- 238511.05: Experienced second pon farr.
- 238512.01: Becomes a cadet at the Starbase 118 Academy campus.
- 238611.07: Awarded second Place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238711.04: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238712.03: Officially graduated from Starfleet Academy, assigned to USS Centris.
- 238805.29: Reassigned to USS Garuda to help oversee installation and implementation of tactical and propulsion refit.
- 239012.19: Reassigned to USS Ronin-A.
- 239104.15: The Battle of Starbase 118.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238712.03
- Current Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Ronin-A
- Duty Post: Chief Engineer
- Evan entered the Academy as an engineering major in imitation of his parents. He struggled to adapt to the rigorous academic requirements of the school, but excelled in practical exercises. The mentorship of his father gave him the tools he needed to advance quickly. Evan graduated from the Academy in only 18 months, and was granted a commission aboard the Renaissance-class USS Centris as an engineering officer. Two years later, Evan was transferred to the USS Garuda, where he worked for his father to facilitate an overhaul of the ship's tactical systems.
- In 2390, Evan was promoted to Lieutenant Commander and assigned to the USS Ronin-A to serve as chief engineer. The ship was the only Federation ship to survive the battle in one piece, and then, only because it was tasked with escorting the civilian ships fleeing from the doomed starbase. Evan continues to serve as the Ronin's chief engineer, though he rarely bothers to wear his uniform any more.
|Cadet 4th Class||238512.01 - 238606.04||Starfleet Academy||Engineering Major|
|Cadet 3rd Class||238606.04 - 238712.03|
|Ensign||238712.03 - 2398804.12||USS Centris||Engineering Officer|
|Lieutenant, JG||238804.12 - 238805.29||Assistant Chief Engineer|
|Lieutenant||239012.29 - 239103.30||USS Garuda|
|Lieutenant Commander||239012.19 - Present||USS Ronin-A (alternate)
|USS Ronin-A (alternate) Crew Manifest