|Crew of StarBase 118|
|Dr. Eric S. Winters|
Personal Logs · Psychology Records
Professional · Personal
Friendships · Romantic
- Full Name: Dr. Eric Sakkhet Winters
- Race: Terran/Vulcan
- Date of Birth: 233407.23
- Place of Birth: Dublin
- Age: 54
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: T5 See Telepathic/Empathic Scale
- Height: 6" 4'
- Weight: 105kg.
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Black
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Voice: Vivacious and Warm
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Deck 723, Outer ring
- Favorite Room: Holodeck-Office
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion:
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Squash, Irish Whiskey (Conemara)
- Disappointments in Life: Divorce of his parents 2352
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): CLASSIFIED
- Physical Limitations: None
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Brandon Winters, Psychiatrist
- Mother: T'Laina Winters, Scientist in Biochemistry
Eric grew up close to Dublin and had a pretty quite and "ordinary" childhood. Due to the fact that he grew up with mainly human children he was confronted from the beginning with his "being different". It doesn't mean that this experience traumatized him in any way, but it was the main reason for him to be very early interested in psychology. To be mentally further than same age children was also one reason for him to have friends, who were older.
From age 12 to 16 he visited the "Dublin School of Mathematics".
His "inner" conflict due to the age, lead to a conflict with his mother T'Laina Winters, a biochemical scientist, when he had to explain to her, that his interest was not mathematics, but music. Eric had very early a passion for classical guitar. It was finally his father's support which gave him the opportunity to study this instrument at "The Royal Irish Academy of Music" graduating from there at the age of 21. Unfortunately this incident lead to his parent's divorce. T'Laina began to literally dive into her biochemical studies, distancing herself from her son and his father. The following 2 years were very important for Eric, because he spent an intensive time with his father, Brandon Winters, a Psychologist. It were this conversations, which refreshed his interest in psychology.
When Eric's mother decided to leave Earth and return back to Vulcan Eric grabbed this opportunity and went with her, so he could study "Surak's teachings" on Vulcan. He also used my time there to extended his studies of mind melting as well. Being on Vulcan had a very elemental meaning for his personality and to let him learn more about his forebearers. When he learned that his grand grandfather, Sakkhet was a crew member of the T'Plana-Hath, the vessel, which made the first contact with Earth on April 5th 2063, Eric began to consider that his fate may lay in the exploration of the Universe as well as its emotional and psychological state. Joining Starfleet came the first time to his mind.
After discovering this things about his family ties, which T'Laina could not withhold on Vulcan, but did for certain reasons his whole life on Earth, Eric returned to Earth to figure out, if his way with Starfleet was just an idea or more than that. He settled down in San Francisco to make his Doctor's degree on the "Federal California Institute for Integral Studies" before signing in Starfleet.
|StarBase 118 Ops|
- Dublin School of Mathematics: 2346 - 2350
- The Royal Irish Academy of Music: 2351 - 2355
- Surak's teachings Vulcan: 2357 - 2377
- Federal California Institute for Integral Studies: 2378 - 2383
- Doctor in Psychology: 2384
- Starfleet Academy: 2384 - 2388
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238811.13
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: StarBase 118 Ops
- Duty Post: Counselor
Being a combination of the human as well as the vulcan race makes Winters existence a challenging one. As history of Vulcan has shown, vulcans were a very violent race which was guided mainly by their emotions. Over centuries this emotions were pushed aside by their very strong logic, which nowadays is mainly in the focus when talking about vulcans. Being half human opens a door to the human side of himself and makes it therefore more challenging as a "vulcan" to keep himself under control. It took years for Winters, and especially the time on Vulcan (2357 - 2377), to find a good balance between this two sides (see Psychology Records). There are situations, which can show his temper, but Winters is mainly a very controlled person who tries to act deescalating to his environment (a reason he became Counselor). His love to Irish Whiskey makes him sometimes far more human and it is possible that he loses control, bit even though his friends usually like his presence .
- Honesty and truth are fundemental as a Counselor, and Winters likes them both.
- Although his love to Irish Whiskey got him not only once into trouble he never considered not to enjoy sometimes one glass...or two...
- Once introduced into Squash, Winters was caught. If he isn't using the Holodeck as his office, he will be most probably found there playing some rounds.
Due to his good balanced emotional and logical state, Winters dislikes everything which causes an inbalance. Factors for a cause are Unfairness, Stubbornness of any kind, endangering peace and slowing down important processes. Unfair treatment of minorities will make him to an "psychological" enemy as well as the abuse of power.