Embassy of Duronis II/Marine Facilities
The Starfleet Marines assigned to the Embassy on Duronis II and to the USS Thunder belong to the Kilo Company of the Starfleet Marine Corps' 3rd Battalion, 7th Marine Regiment nicknamed "The Cutting Edge". Kilo Company is divided into two platoons. First Platoon is primarily assigned to protect the Embassy, and when directed, First Platoon will protect VIPs who leave the Embassy grounds. Second Platoon is primarily assigned to duties on the USS Thunder and to supplement First Platoon when necessary. The Security Department is responsible for the protection of the interior of the Embassy and its occupants as well as the protection of the interior of the USS Thunder and its occupants.
First Platoon is housed at the rear of the Embassy in facilities known as the Marine Complex, which is attached to the Embassy. A single access point from the Embassy to the corridors of the Marine Complex is available for command level entry and for rapid deployment into the Embassy if needed. Regular access to the Marine Complex is made through the entrance that faces the eastern ocean.
The Marine complex hosts multiple training facilities and armament lockers, available to Starfleet Marines.
- Squad Leaders' Office: The Marine Squad Leaders' Office is located inside of the Marine Complex attached to the Embassy. The office is separated by partitions for the six desks for the squad leaders.
- Command Information Center (CIC): The Command Information Center (CIC) is located inside of the Marine Complex and is the central location for coordination of all Marine activity on Duronis II. Several continuously manned consoles are located in front of numerous viewscreens that display visual and sensory data relative to Embassy perimeter security, any vessels in orbit of the planet, Marine squad activity, and planetary news organizations. The CIC is also utilized for Marine flight operations on Duronis II.
- Marine Briefing Room: The Marine Briefing Room in the Marine Complex allows the Marine commanding officers to meet to discuss intelligence reports, current Marine operations, and any other Marine activities.
- Armory: The Marine Armory is located at the center of the Marine Complex and contains all Marine equipment not currently in use. More information about Marine Equipment can be found here.
- Marine Brigs: The Marine Complex contains three brigs to hold any prisoners to be guarded by Kilo Company.
- Holodeck Training Rooms: The Marine Complex contains two Holodeck Training Rooms on opposite ends of the complex. These holodecks allow Marines to train for variable conditions involved in ground and space combat exercises.
- Marine Transporter Room: The Marine Complex contains one Transporter Room that is continuously monitored.
After working twelve-hour shifts, a Marine's main requirement is down time to relax and eat their meals. The Marine Complex's Mess Hall is a vital part of Marine life as it highlights the unit's need to live and work together in every aspect. It is expected of the Marines to eat at least three meals a day for strength and nutrients, which includes a diet designed for optimum efficiency by the Starfleet Medical Corps.
Marine K9 Unit
The Embassy of Duronis II makes use of a small but talented K9 unit.