Embassy of Duronis II
|Embassy of Duronis II|
- Sentient Species: Laudeans (like "Human")
- Native name for system: Luxis system (like "Sol system")
- Native name for planet: Til'ahn (like "Earth")
- Federation name for system: Duronis system
- Federation name for planet: Duronis II (like "Terra", or "Sol III")
- Main article: Full Embassy Plot Summary
The Laudean species became warp capable in 2379. Upon discovery of their newfound abilities, StarFleet made First Contact, followed by the Romulans and Zalkonians soon after. What ensued was a dramatic social upheaval of the Laudeans, resulting in a revolution that destroyed their modern monarchy and world government, and replaced it with a socialist republic.
The three major powers vied for the opportunity to bring the Laudeans under their protection; the Federation to ensure that the others couldn't destroy the culture, the Romulans to gain access to the Laudeans' ability to sense energy fields, and the Zalkonians for the resources and strategic value of the Luxis system. All three occupied embassies on Duronis II, and worked to woo them into an alliance, but in the end, the new Laudean government was coerced into choosing the Romulans to ally with. In 2383, the Zalkonians and Federation vacated Duronis II.
|Starfleet Vessel Register|