Ensign Ekaterina Quinn is currently assigned as Science Officer aboard the USS Mercury.
- Full Name: Ekaterina Maiya Quinn
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236602.05
- Place of Birth: London, England - Earth
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 54 kilos.
- Hair Color: Black, with hints of chocolate brown.
- Length of Hair: Falling to the middle of her back, but typically kept up in an ornate plait.
- Eye Color: Dark brown.
- Skin Tone: Quite pale, as a result of much time spent indoors and (some might say) not nearly enough sun exposure.
- Birthmarks, Scars: None.
- Build: Slender and petite, Ekaterina's form is reminiscent of a dancer's litheness.
- Face: The pallor of her complexion tends to make her eyes appear a bit overlarge; her features are delicate, and she typically doesn't bother with any sort of makeup or enhancers.
- Eyes: Kat, though in possession of large, rather luminous brown eyes, has been known to initially 'come off' as a bit cold. She's constantly inspecting her surroundings or deep in thought about something; she tends to look either very focused, or outwardly unemotional.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Since her focus is typically on the lifestyles and habits of little-known, long-dead races, fashion never really seems to...happen, with Kat. When off-duty, she'll usually throw on whatever is at hand; most likely threadbare sleepwear and a dressing gown. There've been numerous occasions when Ekaterina has left her quarters dressed as such, not realizing it until it's pointed out to her.
- Voice: Typically quiet, her voice is most often soft and a little tentative. She does have the notable English accent of a born-and-bred Londoner. She feels anxious and awkward around living, breathing individuals, and is more at home in the laboratory or 'playing' with artifacts that she's studying at the moment. About the right topics, though, she has no issue going on for quite some time.
- Handedness: Left.
- Quarters: Deck Twenty--closest she could find to the laboratories.
- Favorite Room: The Observatory, closely seconded by her research 'nook' in her quarters.
- Mannerisms: Ekaterina is definitely prone to fidgeting; especially when in new or anxiety-inducing situations and when meeting new people. She spends a great deal of time inside her own head, as it were, and gets caught up easily in streams of consciousness--it's not uncommon to see her wandering through the corridors when off-duty, nose in a datapad and clad in sleepwear and dressing gown, on the way to a research lab.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Nothing in particular, though any sort of spiritual beliefs or rituals intrigue her.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Kat is an avid student of the violin, teaching herself to play as a child, and instructed by several fairly well-known violinists as she reached adolescence (who all were not impressed by the bad habits she learned whilst teaching herself, and promptly retaught her nearly everything). She enjoys composing, and will often play in order to help her think about her current academic projects. If she's not playing, it's easy to find Kat up to her eyeballs in ancient datafiles, or pottering about in the archaeology/history laboratory.
- Music: Taking solace in music after a day full of interaction with others is something that Kat greatly enjoys. Music, according to Kat, helps her think clearly. She particularly prefers pre-20th century classical Terran music.
- Literature: Datapads solely devoted to the poetry and historical accounts of all sorts of civilizations litter Kat's quarters. She also is quite proud of the paper book collection her parents gifted her with upon leaving for StarFleet.
- Theatre: Though she isn't a fan of large crowds--they make her a bit nervous--from time to time, Kat will run holodeck programs that place her in Terran theatres, circa the 18th-19th centuries. She's a great admirer of the Bard's work, in particular.
- Crowds: A rather extreme introvert, Ekaterina has a tough time with large groups of people. She tends to focus in on subjects very intently, and finds this difficult when she is expected to converse with many. She is quite shy, especially with those she is unfamiliar with.
- Rapid change: Though change is something she's had to learn to accept within StarFleet, Kat still tends to have difficulty with it. She likes to try and plan her daily routine out thoroughly, and is easily thrown off by new places, people, or situations. Kat views this simply as a challenge to overcome, though.
- Cooking': To put it simply, Kat is a horrendous cook. She's never really understood why people enjoy cooking, and can't quite wrap her head around the idea as a whole. She has oftentimes forgotten to eat when busy, and considers her work far more important than trivial things like finding food. Tea and a simple sandwich usually do it for her.
- Ambitions and Goals:
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias):
- Physical Limitations: None.
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Mycroft Barrington Quinn - holds a minor government position in London (mainly clerical odds and ends).
- Mother: Yuliya Petrovna Quinn (nee--Ivanova) - a fairly well-known Terran artist.
- Siblings: None
- ': Born
- Date Graduated from Academy:
- Current Rank: Ensign
- Current Assignment: Science Officer
- Duty Post: USS Mercury
|NPC Listing · USS Mercury Crew Manifest · Crew History