- Full Name: Eden Redstone
- Race: Terran/Vulcan
- Date of Birth: May 02, 2355 ((235502.02))
- Place of Birth: San Francisco Bay Area on Earth
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5' 10"
- Hair Color: Dark Brown with Wine Red Highlights
- Length of Hair: Waist-Length
- Eye Color: Green
- Mother: T'Reyn of Vulcan (deceased) Grandmother: Katherine Redstone (deceased)
- Father: William Redstone (deceased) Grandfather: Max Redstone
- Siblings: None
- Spouse: None
- Children: Teagan ("Tee") Redstone
Eden's parents were researchers in propulsion technology who met while working on a joint project between the Vulcan Science Academy and Earth's MIT. William, a high-functioning autistic who had always been a loner, estranged from his family, found T'Reyn easy to be with. The two mated within a year of meeting.
Eden spent more time at her grandparents' home (Max was retired Starfleet Security and Katherine was a painter) than in her own home. She studied and excelled at Gymnastics.
While as a young child Eden was taught Vulcan logic and discipline, there were problems. Eden, who was close to her human grandparents, was more in tune with her emotional side than she should. When T'Reyn and William moved their research to Vulcan, Eden was given a choice. Because the only sense of family and security she had ever known was with her grandparents and because she was already reaching the point where she would choose to reject a life of disciplined logic, she asked to remain on Earth. After long deliberation, William and T'Reyn sent Eden to a prestigious English boarding school. Eden spent summers and holidays with Max and Katherine. Part of the agreement was that Eden would return regularly to Vulcan to continue her training. She agreed, although reluctantly.
After Katherine's death, Eden and Max became inseparable. Max, who only knew how to look at the universe through his security training (the Redstones were security and before that, police for many generations), invented games that began Eden's interest in security work. She learned how to create disguises, became a master of makeup and costumes, and how to live in character for long periods of time. She and Max would invent personae and then live them for an afternoon, overnight, sometimes for days at a time. Eden learned how to pick out surveillance, how to spot a crime in progress.
An indifferent student, she relied on her exceptional memory to get passing grades. She much preferred doing to sitting in a classroom -- a trend that continues to the present day. When it became clear that she would be tall, Eden switched from gymnastics to martial arts -- and decided that strong hand-to-hand combat skills could only help her in the career she had already chosen for herself ... to follow in the Redstone tradition and become a security officer.
Professional History 237309.01: Entered Starfleet Academy.
- Administration: StarFleet Operations
- Administration: Chain of Command and General Protocol
- Diplomacy: General
- Engineering: Computer Memory and Personnel Interfaces
- Engineering: LCARS Programming 1
- Engineering: Replicators, Transporters and Holodecks
- Engineering: Sensors, Communications and Helm Systems
- History: Federation
- Language: Federation Standard
- Language: (Romulan)
- Level 1
- Law: Federation, General
- Mathematics: Concepts
- Medicine: First Aid and Field Medicine
- Physics: Concepts
- Piloting: Runabouts and Shuttles
- Survival: Starship Emergencies
- Survival: Environmental Suits and Zero-G Training
- Tactics: Combat, Unarmed
- Tactics: Combat, Small Weapons
- Xenobiology: Concepts
- Xenology: General
- Armory Department
- Introduction to weapons
- Armory: Starship Phasers and Phaser Cannons
- Armory: Photon Torpedoes
- Armory: Hand Phasers, Phaser Rifles and Artillery
- Diplomacy: Hostile Species
- Diplomacy: Non-Traditional Situations
- Engineering: Deflectors, Weapons and Security Systems
- Engineering: Operations and Command Functions
- Engineering: Base-Mode Operations
- Piloting: Land Vehicles
- Psychology: Hostilities
- Survival: Land-based Survival in Desert, Ocean, Jungle, and Moderate conditions.
- Survival: Captivity
- Tactics: Combat, Martial Arts, Anbo-Jytsu and Federation Standard
- Tactics: Combat, Phasers and Photon Torpedoes
- Tactics: Combat, Marksmanship
- Tactics: Combat, Introduction to Starship Combat
- Tactics: Small Units
- Engineering: Intermediate Electronics 1
- Engineering: Operations and Command Functions
- Piloting: Minor Ships
- Piloting: Major Ships
237706.01 Cadet Cruise 238006.19 Assigned to Starbase 118-OPS
- Fought Daisha Waltas kidnappers (wounded)
- Proenock - went undercover with Cmdr. Waltas (discovered a mutual attraction)
- Captured and tortured by the serial killer, Zero, who forced her to watch the murder of one young woman and the torture of another
- Camelot IV - injured while trying to defend a young servant
238204.18 Assigned to the USS DISCOVERY-B 238505.15 Assigned to Starbase 118 as Second Officer, Base Operations
- Previous Ships Served On: Starbase 118, USS URSA MAJOR
- Awards Received:
- Natasha Yar Pin (SEC)
- Kalendra Award, The
- B-Plot Award, The
- Nebula Bar, The
- TOSMA 2
- USS Discovery-B
34C-24-35/Weight 120 lbs.
She is skilled in hand-to-hand combat, weapons training, and foreign languages (most notably, Vulcan, Romulan, Federation Standard, some Ferengi and Klingon), gymnastics, and disguises. She has a fully integrated eidetic memory. Eden is active, a life long athlete, who prefers sports with a touch of danger.
Eden has Vulcan physiology with fully integrated human emotions. Eden tends to live in the moment. Given her career and her preference for sports with a touch of danger (extreme sports), she has never thought of herself as the settle down and raise a lot of kids type though she has considered the notion, now and again. Being in tune with her human side means that she does not embrace Vulcan logic and discipline -- and, while Vulcans don't argue per se, it is clear that most of the Vulcans she knows do not 'approve' of her life choices.
She is not a scientist nor does she want to be. She would much rather kick down the door than spend two days cracking the programming code for the lock mechanism. She's the one who would take the dare to stay alone in the haunted house overnight. If she fears anything, its waking up and being 80, realizing she's had a life half-lived. She doesn't want to settle down and marry, raise kids, and watch others go out there, take chances, do things.
She needs to go, to be there. In fact, she fears not being there when she's needed. She can be stubborn and she has a quick temper. She is uncomfortable on Vulcan because she sees the undercurrents and nuances that non-Vulcans miss and has not been back since she entered the Academy.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History