Earth (sometimes referred to as Terra) is the third planet of the Sol system and is located in the Sol Sector (Sector 001) at the core of the United Federation of Planets, serving as its capital.
Close to Vulcan, Andor, and Betazed, Earth is the location of the main campus of Starfleet Academy and Starfleet Headquarters, both located in San Francisco, North America. The President of the Federation is based in Paris, Europe.
Humans are one of two intelligent species that originated on Earth, the other being the Voth.
- Quadrant: On divide of Alpha & Beta quadrants
- Location: Sol Sector (Sector 001)
- Proper Name: Sol System
- Star: Orbits a type G (Yellow) star.
- Distance from Star: 149.6 million km
- Companions: 3rd of 9 planets
- Moons: 7
- Proper Name: Earth
- Diameter: 24,874 miles (40,075 kilometers)
- Gravity: 1 standard gravity
- Axial Tilt: 23.5 degrees
- Orbital Period: 365 days
- Rotational Period: 24 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 71%
- Atmosphere: 78% nitrogen, 21% oxygen,
- Climate: The Earth's climate is influenced by many factors, including solar radiation, wind, and ocean currents.
- Terrain: The Earth's terrain can vary greatly from place to place. The exposed land has mountains, deserts, plains, plateaus, etc.
- Population: 4.2 billion humans (as of 2370 census), undetermined number of other species