Artem Dragumov is currently serving as a Security Officer aboard the USS Darwin-A.
|Artem Ivanovich Dragumov|
- Height: 5'11
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Blue
- Parents: Ivan Dragumov, Zenia Dragumov (missing, presumed dead)
- Spouse: Avaris Torrin
- Children: none
- Born in 235111.02 in Krasnodar, a Terran city in the former nation state of Russia. His parents were freighters, and had returned to their hometown for the final stages of Zenias pregnancy, it being of importance to them that their son was born on Russian soil and not in space. He was the couples only child, unplanned as they had never intended to have children. He was raised on his fathers ship the Asimov, a freighter with an entirely Russian crew. The Asimov had a reputation for willingness to travel in dangerous territory, and unusually for a civilian vessel, was heavily armed, the bulk of their contracts taking them through sectors other crews would not be willing to travel. There was a heavy martial influence to his childhood, the crew being comprised not only of regular ship hands, but also their contingent of private security who were commanded by Artem's mother Zenia, as well as pilots for the Asimov's three smaller gunships. His early childhood never felt particularly isolated or lonely, it was only much later in life that he realized the unusual nature of growing up as the only child among a crew of adults.
- As Artem grew, he began to express more interest in fighting, security, and soldiers. He spent as much time as he could with his mother, wanting to be included in drills, learn how to shoot, and learn martial arts. His fathers role in the more technical end of running a cargo ship was of very little interest, although he begrudgingly learned the basics.
- When he was 11, through some slight miscalculations, the Asimov (whose course ran dangerously close to it) mistakenly crossed the Tholian border, and were engaged by a patrol. In the fighting, Zenia's gunship went missing and was never recovered. The Asimov was badly damaged, and the crew returned to Earth, unable to even search the area for wreckage.
- Ivan Dragumov took the loss of his wife very badly, and in a deepening depression, decided that it was best for Artem, as well as safer for him, to leave the boy on Earth to attend boarding school for his Secondary education. Artem attended school in Toronto, living with Ivan's brother Alexi who worked as the schools Gym teacher.
- During this time Artem met many of his lifelong friends, a group of peers who like him, were attracted to other men. He didn't find great success in dating, finding that his particularly serious and unusual upbringing set him apart from his peers. He maintained his interest in combat during this time, becoming active in the schools fencing club, as well as excelling in the several martial arts extra curricular classes he attended.
- Upon graduation, he spent stretches of time working with his father on the Asimov, but always returning to his apartment for a few months after every run. He felt adrift when school ended, not sure what to do next.
- He had already already considered enlisting to fight as a soldier due to the increasing hostility of the Klingon Empire, the then-unknown Changeling impersonating Chancellor Gowron leading incursions into Federation space with greater frequency and aggressiveness, but when the Dominion War officially began, there was no question about what Artem should do. He was on a run with his father when the news broke that the Federation was now at War, and Ivan initially disapproved of his sons wish to fight, afraid to lose his child and still not recovered from the loss of Zenia. Eventually he gave his blessing he brought his son to the nearest Starfleet recruitment centre, and Artem applied to serve as reserves. The closest system happened to be the Trillius system, and so when he was cleared for duty, he was placed in the dormitories in Drazhall University, Vrans, where he and a few other volunteers were to await the arrival of the USS Gloriana, the ship on which they would serve.
- During his time at the University, Artem met his future husband, Avaris Torrin, who at the time was a student at Drazhall. They began their relationship over the course of the three weeks he was on Trill, and although it began as a casual distraction, became more serious, and the couple wrote messages to each other as frequently as Artems service could allow, over the course of the war.
- The Gloriana saw fairly limited action during the Dominion War, and suffered few casualties. Artem received a few commendations for his service, the greatest of which being an pre-authorized acceptance to Starfleet Academy should he wish to train to continue serving as an officer.
- Artem did not immediately enroll in Starfleet Academy upon his graduation, instead he went back and fourth between working on the Asimov and his apartment on Earth, as well as spending more time on Trill whenever he had the chance.
- In 2387, after much discussion, Artem decided to pursue a career in Starfleet. Avaris turned down the offer of tenure at Drazhall and instead moved to Earth. They were married in the summer, and Avaris began work as an elementary school teacher at Cochrane Academy during Cadet Dragumov's training.
- 238709.01 Cadet Dragumov enters Starfleet Academy
- 239110.01 Ens. Dragumov graduates Starfleet Academy
- 239201.08 Torrin placed as Apollo-A Civilian School headmaster by Federation Ministry of Education.
- 239201.09 Ens. Dragumov promoted to Lieutenant Junior Grade
- 239202.23 Ens. is transferred to the USS Darwin - A