|Crew of the USS Constitution-B|
Dial is a Nurse on the USS Apollo.
- Full Name: Dial
- Race: Bolian
- Date of Birth: 236308.09
- Place of Birth: Aoay, Bolias
- Age: 28
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 1.62m (5’4”)
- Weight: 59kg (130 lbs)
- Hair Color: None
- Length of Hair: Bald
- Eye Color: Yellow
- Skin Tone: Light Blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Slightly chubby
- Face: Grim and closed (not always)
- Eyes: Wide
- Mouth: Full blood-blue lips
- Arms: 2
- Legs: 2
- Carriage: On duty relatively stiff
- Poses: Folded arms, hands on her hips
- Taste in Clothing (off duty): Long and wavy robes (casual clothes); close-fitting suits (evening attire)
- Shoes (off duty): Low heels (casual clothes); high heels (evening attire)
- Voice: Mezzo-soprano
- Handedness: Left-handed
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Iom (85). Bolian, born at Stardate 230601.29 and raised on Bolias. Iom was raised in a great family clan, somthing quite unusual among Bolians. During his teen years he profited highly from the education system that allows any Bolian to take all time they need for self-development. He studied many subjects almost without any need to look out for jobs for education had always been free and like the Bolian society in general very non-economic.
After graduation and getting an employment at Daystrom Institute he met Nao for the first time. The engineer was assigned to his research team but it were rather her philosophical views and knowledge of Bolian literature that interested him. After getting to know Nao better he decided to stay with her and get children.
- Mother: Nao (89). Bolian, born at Stardate 230203.20 and raised on Bolarus IX. Nao was all her life a technician ever since she helped her father repair home appliances. When she became older she took a shuttle flight to the Bolian colony Bolias. There she settled down and built a home of her own in Bolian fashion. When the work was finished she applied for a job at the local office of the Daystrom Institute. There she fell in love with Iom, a native Bolian from Bolias. They decided to live together and get children.
- Boe (30): Bolian, born at Stardate 236102.03 and raised on Bolias. Dial's elder brother was always caring for his little sister. When their parents grew older, Dial and Boe had to care for their younger siblings and housekeeping more than they liked to. Boe feld more responsible for repairing stuff while Although he did not like her decision to apply for Starfleet Academy, he accepted it after some time. He thought about reestablishing contact to her but his pride kept him from doing so. As far as Dial knows he still lives on Bolias and plays the nanny for the younger children.
- Noam (25): Bolian, born at Stardate 236609.12 and raised on Bolias. He was the second-eldest of Dial's siblings and during his childhood he and Dial often played together. When Noam got older he developed interests for arts and left the family home very early at the age of 16. Dial visited him rarely while she was still living on Bolias but broke ties with him when she left for Earth.
- Oak (12): Bolian, born at Stardate 237903.19 and raised on Bolias. Dial didn't get to know the youngest of her siblings very well since he was three years old and barely able to speak when Dial left for Starfleet Academy. Through her parents Dial is informed weekly about the youngest of her brothers. When he got 10 years old, they started to mail each other video messages.
- Saja and Taja (18): Bolian, born at Stardate 237207.29 and raised on Bolias. Saja and Taja are twins and have always isolated themselves from their siblings. Dial still has contact to them because they both became nurses at a Bolian hospital whose reputation is very high in the whole sector. Except for correspondence about professional details Dial and the twins do not exchange much information, though.
Dial was born in 2363 on Bolias. It was the typical life of a Bolian child born on the small colony. At the age of 4 she started to be educated in general. When she was 10, it was the first time for her to decide of her own what she wanted to study next. She discussed for a quite long time with her parents about what would be the consequences of her decision. As her interests were ranging far, she wanted as many courses as possible. She didn't have much free time during these years and felt soon isolated. When she had the chance to change her selection of courses, she exchanged some courses for extracurricular activities where she found new friends.
During her teenage years she found her interest in medicine and rather sooner than later a very special interest in medicine of alien peoples. Therefore Starfleet became a goal in her life. She knew all about how Starfleet Academy chose its recruits. Therefore she studied hard in all the subjects that she could be tested in before she would be allowed to enter Academy. But in the meanwhile her parents had become sick and old. She and Boe had to care for all her siblings. Dial realized that she wouldn't be able to apply for Starfleet Academy at the age of 18.
At the age of 19 she demanded of both her brother, Boe, as well as her parents to leave. All of them neglected her wish saying that there was too much work to be done. Dial stayed one year but felt constantly more blue and unhappy. When her parents saw how much she suffered from not being allowed to leave they had a talk with her. It was just in time for if she wanted to join Academy with 20 years she needed leave still in 2382. Elsewise she wouldn't have made it in time to reach Earth. At the end of the discussion her parents allowed her to leave with their permission. They agreed that Boe, Saja and Taja were old enough to care for themselves and ther little brother, Oak.
Only Boe was angry at her for the decision. He found it a bit selfish to leave him with so much to worry about. He couldn't attend any kind of school any more for he had to tidy up the family's home, be Oak's nanny and do all repairments in the house. Boe had thought about a Starfleet Career for himself, but now all these hopes were crushed. He didn't even bid farewell to her sister when she left for Starfleet Academy.
Dial's arrival on Earth was weird. All the different species in San Fransisco were new to her and though she had studied their anatomy and illnesses, she realized for the first time how many species were part of the Federation. Although it was strange and new to her, she was amazed. At Academy she learnt even more species and became friends with Efrosians, Humans, Denobulans and many others. As during her teenage years she enjoyed many extra curricular activities with her friends and even started to have fun in sport. But her main interest laid still in interesting debates about history, politics and literature. She also joined some sort of Academy press that collected excellent Students' essays and published them. Dial herself wrote some essays in her free time but she was most proud of an article about the interstellar postwar society after the Dominion War.
While she studied in San Fransisco, she spent her semester breaks at a medical facility in Florence. Although she did her best, she dropped this after the 2nd Semester because she wanted to spend more time with her friends. Therefore she needed to attend Medical School after graduation in 2387 again. This time she worked intensively and was able to promote after three years. After graduation from Medical school she made her Cadet cruise which was a little disappointing to her. She knew only one of the Cadets who had studied medicine after Academy, too. Everybody else seemed to know each other and she felt like an outsider. Therefore she focused rather on getting in touch with the Officers aboard.
- Date Graduated from Starfleet Academy: Stardate 238708.01
- Promotion of PhD: Stardate 239006.09; topic of her dissertation was Application possibilities of Surgical Beaming
- Current Rank: Cadet (Ensign)
- Current Assignment: Starfleet Academy
- Duty Post: Medical Officer
236308.09 Birth, Aoay, Bolias 236609.12 Birth of Noam, Aoay, Bolias 237207.29 Birth of Saja and Taja, Aoay, Bolias 237903.19 Birth of Oak, Aoay, Bolias 238309.01 Admission to Starfleet Academy, San Fransisco, Earth 238708.01 Graduation from Starfleet Medical, San Fransisco, Earth 238709.01 Admission to Medici School of Medicine, Florence, Earth 239006.09 Graduation from Medici School of Medicine, Florence, Earth 239009.01 Cadet Cruise 239108.01 Enlistment to Starfleet