A child of two worlds, Daisha Waltas is the daughter of Colonel Tyr Waltas. Daisha's mother met then-Ensign Tyr Waltas on the Talarian homeworld. Leonna, a lovely Talarian woman, had been scorned and rejected by her arranged husband Commander Nekkar. Similarly, Tyr had been rejected by a love interest at the time, and the two met under those circumstances. After one night together, Leonna realized her mistake and fled, never to be seen or heard from again, but carrying Daisha. Unbeknownst to Tyr, she settled on a border colony near Cardassian space and married, and the two became Daisha's only-known family.
Because of her mixed heritage, Daisha was ridiculed by her Talarian classmates. She is actuely aware of her differences and sometimes ashamed that she is not "normal". She is the only known Ba'ku/Talarian hybrid in existence.
Later, the border colony was attacked by Cardassians in an attempt to annex it and claim the mining resources for their war against the Federation. Leonna was killed attempting to protect Daisha, and her stepfather, Annzo, was taken prisoner and used as a bargaining chip. Annzo pleaded with Nekkar's uncle Kholak to take Daisha to her true father-and only then, on the bridge of the original Discovery, did father and daughter meet for the first time.
After a rocky start and a long endurance test of being the "Captain's daughter", Daisha came to terms both with her mixed heritage and her father's love, finally accepting both. She also was fiercely protected as a child by Eden Redstone, whom she would later adopt as her mother. The two are nearly inseperable. Eden later betrays Daisha and her family, disappearing after giving birth to her twin brothers, Tye and Sanuye.
Daisha has endured the wrath of serial killer Zero and the disappointment of a failed marriage, but still maintains her sense of humor and fierce devotion to her friends, family, and crew.
- Race: Ba'ku/Talarian
- Date of Birth: 2362
- Place of Birth: Talarian Border Colony
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'9
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Black
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Colonel Tyr Waltas
- Mother: Leonna Chafka (deceased)
- Half-Brother: Tye Waltas
- Half-Brother: Sanuye Waltas
ABILITIES: Based on her heritage, Daisha has extremely attuned senses of smell and instinct. Her Talarian side provides her with a superb fighting form and well-balanced abilities. Her Ba'ku side gives her her love of nature and all things living. She possesses acute night-vision, a gift from her father, and an unmatched sense of smell from both sides of her ancestry. She is very perceptive and often said to have a "sixth sense", born from raw instinct of the two worlds she represents. She has been trained since she was a child by her father in the martial arts and excels in hand-to-hand combat, weapons and security protocols.
- Stardate 239102.01: Daisha is courts-martialed for stealing the USS Discovery-C with a skeleton crew and going to rescue her father and the Discovery crew, who were locked in deadly combat with the USS Constitution. She is currently on earth doing pickup work as a Security guard for hire and keeping an eye on her twin brothers, Tye and Sanuye, at Starfleet Academy.
- Stardate 239203.15: Daisha and her brother Tye are ordered to the Duronis II Embassy by Admiral Toni Turner. Daisha's commission is reactivated and she is assigned the rank of 2nd Lieutenant, serving under her father's Marine Corps unit. Daisha gets a second chance at a career, and a chance to serve with both her brother and father.