|Birthplace||Rakantha Province, Bajor|
Ensign Corum Hak is currently serving as a medical officer aboard the USS Gorkon.
- Height: 1.83m (6'2")
- Build: Athletic, but otherwise unremarkable
- Hair: Auburn
- Eyes: Light Green
- Handedness: Left-handed
- Voice: Baritone in register, warm in tone, with a slight rasp
- Posture: Often hunches
- Dress: Service uniform follows close to regulations and is often well-kept until priorities are elsewhere. Off-duty, Hak dresses in a somewhat formal style, often incorporating traditional Bajoran patterns but lacking authentic Bajoran embroidery. A bronze earring is clasped to his right ear and paired with all outfits.
- Faith: While lacking a zealous disposition, Corum Hak follows Bajoran religeous rituals and traditions closely.
- Interests: Warm non-alcoholic beverages of other cultures, especially herbal ones. This interest is in part born from studying other cultures' folk medicine but also an exploration of tastes beyond his possible Terran Tea "addiction."
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Name: Corum Taga
- Date of birth: 233504.28
- Profession: A Bajoran veterinarian before the Dominion war who helped nurse and rebuild surviving fauna native to the Rakanthan Province, in contribution to the region's soil reclamation initiative.
- Name: Corum Sot
- Date of birth: 233708.05
- Profession: A bio-engineer before the dominion war who worked on the Rakantha Province's soil reclamation initiative.
- Name: Corum Zola
- Date of birth: 236907.23
- Profession: A successful Tivara player and artist. She performs in Bajoran group music and often tours.
Corum Hak is a 26-year-old Bajoran male. He was born on Bajor but lived most of his early life in Terran culture. His Parents, both Bajoran, provided most of Corum Hak's exposure to Bajoran culture, language and faith. Having lived his early life on the Terran moon Luna, Hak has a good grasp of human culture, even to the point of enjoying their selections of Teas. A by-product of this, however, is that he lacks fluency in the Bajoran language, only having formalised his knowledge of its writing systems in his secondary school experience.
With the return of his family to Bajor, his parents were able to resume their careers in their desired fields. His interest in biology and medicine concepts was born from watching their work. During this time, an interest in the study of new cultures, although this partly originated from living in the cultural melting pots of New Berlin. Corum Hak's return to Bajor is where he attributes the origin of his path to Starfleet.
Corum Hak's Parents, having received the aid, and witnessed the benefits of Starfleet and the Federation, praised them often and presented them, in Hak's eyes, as peacekeepers and healers. His parents, also having witnessed the Cardassian oppression and fleeing from the dominion, hated aggression, violence and other prerequisites of war. Whenever Hak and his sister were fighting, it often harkened the worst of their reprimands. Ultimately, this instilled a similar outlook of pacifism and a disdain toward militaristic stances.
The choice to join Starfleet was an easy one, and outside of his parents being saddened by another child leaving the nest, Hak was still supported. Hak was not necessarily a high achiever in his schooling, but he had done well enough that he was able to enter Starfleet's Medical Pathway, which set him on an 8-year course of study. His final assessment was observed by (at the time) Lieutenant Commander Tomas Falt and Commander Serala.
Corum's first-ever posting was aboard the USS Gorkan under the guidance of Vice Admiral Quinn Reynolds. He began his career as a Medical Officer led initially by Junior Lieutenant Tali Namura, the Acting Chief Medical Officer at the time.
During the first weeks of his career as an Ensign aboard the USS Gorkon, Hak encountered a sentient telepathic Annelid, which, resembling a giant leech, had attached itself to an unlucky crewman called Roshier Jackson brought in by Petty Officer Christopher Sienlis. Hak doesn't like to talk about what happened that day, but suffice to say, he now dislikes telepathy—and leeches—if you were to ask a Psychologist, they might suggest "the traumatic event is likely the foundation for moderate Telepatho- and Bdellophobia, which the patient continually dismisses despite clinical presentation."
- 237401.07: Corum Hak was born on this day on Bajor, in the Rakantha province
- 237409.15: Parents sought refuge into Federation territory from the Rakantha region after suffering under the region's floods in 2374. Alongside the events surrounding the Dominion War and the Bajoran system
- 237410.08: Resettled to New Berlin, Luna
- 2386: Corum Zola leaves to study music in Jalanda City on Bajor
- 238801.07: Corum Hak celebrates his ih'tanu receiving his d'ja pagh. Conducted by the local Prylar of the small Bajoran community neighbouring his New Berlin home
- 2389: After the integration of Bajor into the Federation seemed affirmed, Corum Hak's parents decided to return to Bajor, where Hak completed the remainder of his secondary school experience.
- 2392: Corum Hak enlists in Starfleet Medical Pathways Program intending to become a Medical officer of Starfleet Academy. Inspired by his parent's careers
- 240007.06: Corum Hak graduates from Starfleet Academy a Medical Officer and receives the rank of Ensign
- 240007.07: Corum Hak is posted to the USS Gorkon
- c. 240007.08: The Leech Incident
|Starfleet Service Record
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History