|Crew of the USS Chin'toka
| Lieutenant Commander Chythar Skyfire, MD
- Rank: Lieutenant Commander
- Ship: USS Chin'toka
- Position: Medical Officer / Barista for Brew Continuum
- Species: Human
- Gender: Male
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon
First Contact Ribbon
Excellence in Training Ribbon
Quantum Reality Service Ribbon
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Service Ribbon
War of Shadows Ribbon
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
UFP Medal of Freedom
Extended Service Ribbon
Department Chief Ribbon
Orion Syndicate Service Medal
Prisoner of War Ribbon
Good Conduct Ribbon
Maiden Voyage Ribbon
Operation Safe Harbor Service Medal
Medical Science Ribbon
Silver Lifesaving Ribbon
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
Prestigious Service Medallion Ribbon
Characters • Cardchive
Chythar Skyfire, a Human, is currently serving as a barista and medical officer aboard the USS Chin'toka.
- Full Name: Chythar Daniel Skyfire
- Species: Human
- Height: 194 cm (6' 4½")
- Age: 37
- Note: Age discrepancy of one year caused by time in an alternate universe. Actual age 38.
- Place of birth: Seattle, Washington, Earth
- Doctor So'lon, a humble physician (Romulan identity -- see Art Gallery)
- CD (short for Chythar Daniel)
- Chai-thar (Jokingly refers to himself in this fashion when sending presents involving BC/Raktajino Franchise products)
- qa'vIn (Klingon word for coffee) 
- Unca TheeDee (given to him by Natalia Moonsong)
- Weight: 89 kg or 196 lbs
- Orientation: Bisexual
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Length of Hair: Short, sometimes styled with a bit of gel or water.
- Eye Color: Green
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Serial Number: DC-981-851
- Build: Slim and muscular.
- Face: Typically serious, though when he jokes he does so with a poker-face being completely sarcastic while the situation isn't funny. Currently sporting a mustache.
- Mouth: Usually closed, though with a tendency to smile if he's on to something.
- Arms: His hands are more calloused than the rest, due to working with his armor projects.
- Carriage: Carries himself with an air of mirth, runs in case of emergency.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head):
- Fidgets with a pencil if he's bored.
- Bounces knee when stressed
- Tilts head sideways to the right when listening intently.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Blue jeans and a black tank top.
- Shoes (When Off Duty): Sneakers, or combat boots if it's raining
- Handedness: Right
- Jewelry: Silver band with gold trinity knot in the center (engagement band) & silver band with gold trinity knots (wedding band) on left hand
- Telepathic Status: T4/E6 as of 239207.01.
- Temperament: Fairly mild mannered, rarely gets angry.
- "Blast it, Brek! I'm a doctor, not a profiler!"
- "I'm a doctor, not a god!"
- "Never underestimate the healing power of hugs."
- Relationship status: Exclusive relationship & married to Lael Rosek
- Body Modifications: EARS implants, left & right ears
See Full Article -- Relationships
- Favorite Room: His Quarters or Skyfire Beach on the holodeck
- Reading books
- chewing on pencils
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Christian.
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Making chainmail.
- Taking walks on the holodeck with Devlin.
Personality Quirks, Notes & Trivia
- When hyperfocused tends to talk fast and in another language. Chythar handles stress differently than most linguists. He creates a cipher that he distributes to his friends -- and depending on what language the letter is written in determines what point in his stress level he's at. One would have to know him well enough to comprehend this cryptic tactic first. Subconsciously, he may not realize he's writing in a 'panic' language' until told by the person who received his letter.
- CD tries to focus on literature during his time off, and occasionally makes obscure literary references to things like Dante's Inferno when he's stressed. Sometimes will lapse into another language while making one of said references.
- Has reluctantly agreed to carry a phaser due to his strong convictions against deliberately harming people, which goes against the Hippocratic Oath. "Medical personnel are noncombatants aboard a starship and as such are accorded special protection under the Articles of War. They may not in any way bear arms against an enemy. When involved in combat operations, all medical personnel must wear a brassard or a shoulder patch on the leftmost appendage with identifying insignia (typically a red cross) to mark them as such. While detached for away team duty, medical personnel may carry such weapons as are determined necessary for self-defense against non-sentient habitants of the specified planet; however, they may not use deadly force against any sentient being, except in cases of direct, extreme threat to life or limb." -- Ethical Bylaws and Protections for Medical Officers
- Not related in any way to the Vulcan/Terran Captain Skyfire.
- Only gets angry when he's stressed; if someone consistently asks "How's it coming?" when he's working on a project, he may lapse into another language as a coping method.
- Common misspellings:
- While dating Alex Blair, would take to wearing the man's dog tags around his neck. Now has them wrapped around a picture of him and Alex on his desk as a reminder of the man he loved
- Has his own set of rules.
- Rule 1: Never leave your quarters for a party without your communicator.
- Rule 3: Other people's injuries are more important than my own, so treat them first.
- Rule 7: Doctor's orders always trump work.
- Rule 10: Always tell the truth, no matter how painful it is.
- Rule 11: Don't ask questions to which you already know the answer.
- Rule 12: Preferred nicknames get better reactions.
- Rule 13: Never ever involve JAG or lawyers.
- Rule 14: When real family is gone, adopt a new one.
- Rule 15: Seek out the interesting people because there’s infinite possibilities to learn new things.
- Rule 27: Don't beat the dead horse.
- Rule 630: Always know where your medkit and weapons are.
Chythar off duty, reading a book
- Covert missions
- Temporal Incursions
- Code Blues
- Alternate Realities
Ambitions and Goals
- Maybe one day, becoming captain.
Achievements in Life
- Surviving Med school.
- Surviving Starfleet Academy.
- Making it to the rank of Lieutenant.
- Making it to the rank of Lieutenant Commander.
- Adopting siblings through friendship that he counts as family.
- Serving as Chief Medical Officer aboard several Starfleet vessels under some fine captains.
- Attaining the position of First Officer aboard the USS Gorkon, however brief it was.
- Being adopted by the family of Raissa Moonsong
- Getting published in the Journal of Starfleet Medicine -- See Research & Publications twice
- Managing Raktajino / Brew Continuum franchise aboard the USS Astraeus
- Getting a chance to return to the Veritas and work in the Brew Continuum flagship location.
Disappointments in Life
- Never being able to spend time with his mother.
- Pressure under fire. He still feels the trauma from freezing during med school.
- Lost a patient while in an alternate universe.
- Earning a disciplinary record.
- Being demoted to rank of lieutenant.
- Losing his sense of adopted family to Raissa Moonsong
- PTSD incident during Enemy of My Enemy mission which led to his sabbatical
See Full Article: Biography -- Professional History Overview, Supplemental Files
- English (Federation Standard)
- Gaelic. Much like his Japanese, he doesn't admit he knows it.
- Japanese. He'll never admit openly to knowing Japanese, but he writes in it occasionally.
- Non Terran Languages
Research & Publications
See Full Article: Sim Archive
See Full Article: Art Gallery
Supplemental -- Podcasts, Videos, Reports and Interviews