Cassandra Egan Manno
|Cassandra Egan Manno|
|Position||Menthar Corridor Regional Commander|
Cassandra Egan Manno, known as Cassie only to close friends and family, is the Region & Starfleet Mission Commander for the Menthar Corridor & Astrofori One. She was previously the commanding officer of the USS Garuda. Immediately before her deep-space assignment, she was assigned to Starfleet Administration, where she was tasked with determining fleet deployments at the Federation-Klingon border in the Eridani constellation through Organia. She began her Starfleet career as a science systems engineer and transferred quickly into research and development.
- Full Name: Cassandra Sekai Egan Manno
- Species: Human
- Date of Birth: 235510.28
- Age: 41
- Place of Birth: Janto City, Proxima Colony
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'7" (1.7 m)
- Weight: 64 kg (140 lbs)
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Previously shaved, now grown out
- Eye Colour: Brown
- Skin Tone: Dark brown
- Build: Solid, a bit muscley
- Carriage: Quick, certain
- Taste in Clothing: Relaxed
- Voice: Serious alto
- Handedness: Right
- Spouse: Lako Egan Manno
- Children: Charlie, age 14, and Rion, age 8
- Fathers: Risto, an enlisted engineer, and Bolton, a professional Parrises squares player
- Mother: Catherine, a nanophysicist and visual artist
- Siblings: Kalim, younger sister, a diver (and biologist) and botanist
Trivia & Quirks
- Chooses never to use or carry a sidearm, and intimates that there are good reasons for this.
Friends & Acquaintances
- Andrus Jaxx and Cassandra met during the time that Andrus spent on Earth at Starfleet Strategic Operations in 2386 and 2387. Theirs was originally a professional relationship built upon respect for one another, but a friendship evolved, culminating during that stay when Andrus introduced Cassie to her current romantic partner. Cassie keeps in semi-regular contact with Andrus, and he is one of the few people she allows to call her by her nickname.
- Javier Montanez was one of Cassandra's first supervisors and someone who, as an engineer and as and officer, she greatly looked up to. Her transfer into R&D can be partially credited to his influence, and during her tenure in that field, she regularly sent him her designs. Since then, she's spoken to him less, but theirs is still a respectful relationship.
- Walter Brunsig is, perhaps, someone who Cassandra would rather forget. During the time when she was first stationed on Earth, she had some trouble adjusting, and some of that energy went into ultimately unsuccessful -- and occasionally unhealthy -- romantic and sexual relationships. While Brunsig was the best of the bunch, Cassandra broke it off herself and was thereafter distressed to learn that Brunsig had been listed as KIA.
- Ramsey Bakewell was a respected psychology and sociologist at the Federation Centre for Xenobiology Research; and while Cassandra didn't become intimately familiar with the FCXR, she noted Bakewell often enough that she made a point to speak to him and established a dialogue that eventually grew to benefit their two organizations.
- Saveron was one of Bakewell's students, then an Academy cadet, who worked in a project that Cassandra oversaw as an R&D lieutenant. The multidisciplinary project involved both engineering and, from Saveron's side, neurology and immunology, among many others; his introduction to Cassandra happened via Bakewell, who thought well of his student but recognized that the Vulcan could probably use some help adjusting to San Francisco culture. Though they haven't spoken for many years, Cassandra remembers her time on the project well.