|Crew of the USS Eagle|
Captain Daydan Taboo is currently serving as Commanding Officer of the USS Eagle NCC-74659.
- Full Name: Daydan Taboo
- Nick Name: Tab
- Birthdate: 233409.07 (Looks early to mid 30's )
- Birth Place: Cataria, Valley of the stars, Betazed.
- Current Rank: Captain
- Current Postition: Commanding Officer
- Current Vessel: USS Eagle NCC-74659
- Gender: Male
- T/E Rating: T6*/E6*
- Species: Betazoid/El-Aurian
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Hair Color: Brown/Dark, always short , sometimes bald
- Eye Color: Hazel/Green
- Height: 1.8m
- Weight: 84kgs
- Skin Tone: slightly Olive
- Scars: front left shoulder, bullet wound
- Tattoos: Back 60% Tribal Tattoo single colour..
- Build: Stocky athletic
- Tone/Voice: Soft but deep
- Presence: Mysterious
- Facial Features: Beautiful Hazel eyes
- Off Duty Clothing: Loose fit pants and shirt, shirt mostly open.
- Shoes: Canvas shoes or bare foot, sometimes Kung-Fu slippers
Starfleet T/E rating T6*/E6*
Comments: Very strong - Daydan was being trained from a young age as a Peace keeper of Betazed. Peace keepers are Telepathic and Empathic individuals who use their skills to protect. He trained to use his skills Deffensively as well as Offensively, able to inflict fatal mental attacks on a target. He has never talked about using this to anyone. He was trained as a "Quin," an ancient Betazoid warrior cast now almost extinct, he still practices and studies those disciplines. Daydan secretly always fancied himself as an Ambassador or Diplomat for Betazed. When that happens he will resign from Starfleet to better serve his home world..
Daydan never knew his real father, his step father was a Vulcan working for Starfleet. He was very strict and said that Daydans highly advanced Telepathic and Empathic abilities were dangerous, as soon as he reached his adolescence he was sent off to study on Vulcan, Daydan hated it, he hated the unemotional life style of Vulcan's and very much took after his mother, her love of life and passion to live every moment to it's fullest inspired Daydan to search for his place in the universe, in the end it was she who persuaded him to go into Starfleet.. She said it would be.. "Enlightening." It became a personal joke between the two of them.. Taboo is extremely close to his mother and sister even though they rarely see each other, there is bond there that seems to traverse time and space, a bond that is apparent when ever he returns home...
- 234202.01 Sent to study Psychology and mind skills with the priests of T'Pan by his father where he fist learned about an Ancient Vulcan Martial arts,, ever since that day it has played a mojor role in his life.
- 234711.23 At his monastery on Vulcan he studied hard gaining recognition in martial arts sciences and mind studies, he was selected as an exchange student to study Kung-fu on Earth with the Shaolin monks in China, Daydan gladly accepted the challenge.
- 235304.16 He continued to study Martial arts, (Kung-fu)and Psychology, along with Agriculture, Archaeology and Ecology, it was here he became a Shaolin master, after many years of hard work and was given the title Young Master Tao.
- 235901.04 After mastering his own Shaolin form (Kung-fu)that he called "Wind and water", He returned to Vulcan to pass on his knowledge to his old Vulcan masters and to further his studies in the sciences. They were very impressed with his progress and it was at this time he was taught the secrets of the Vulcan death pinch and the skills of Mind melding. It took allot longer than expected realising that the mind meld was a very Vulcan skill. He became a scholar in the arts of meditative and massage healing.
- 236508.19 Daydan returned to Earth to continue his studies not really knowing what he wanted to do with his life, he found a job teaching Shaolin Kung-Fu and Kendo, as well as some Anbo-Jitsu and un-armed combat as a civilian instructor at Starfleet Academy. While at the Academy he used the facilities to full advantage and continued his studies for his majors in Combined Sciences, engineering and Psychology.
- 237112.19 He returned to Betazed for the first time in many years after the death of his younger brother and decided to stay and entered into the University to study Xeno-Psychology and to further his studies in mind skills at the pure mind institute at the University of Betazed.
- 237712.28 Some years later he was asked to sign up for a job on a science vessel, looking for a new challange he agreed and Worked as a Ships Science Officer and Peace Keeper on board the Betazoid vessel The OPIA and the EMERALD. ( A Peace Keeper is a cross between a Security Officer and a Counselor)
- 237801.05 Applies to join Starfleet Academy
- 237808.14 Recieves orders for Starfleet Academy
- Physics: Concepts
- Physics: General Physics 1&2
- Physics: Vibrations and Waves
- Physics: Classical Mechanics
- Physics: Electrodynamics
- Physics: Quantum Mechanics
- Physics: Temporal Mechanics
- Physics: Thermodynamics
- Physics: Warp Theory
- Chemistry: Concepts
- Chemistry: Organic Chemistry 1&2
- Chemistry: Physical Chemistry 1&2
- Chemistry: Advanced Inorganic
- Engineering: General Electronics
- Engineering: Intermediate Electronics 1&2
- Engineering: Computer Memory and Personnel Interfaces
- Engineering: Introduction to Warp Systems
- Engineering: Advanced Warp Systems
- Engineering: Electronics 1& 2
- Engineering: Impulse Systems
- Engineering: Bio-Neural Components
- Engineering: Replicators, Transporters and Holodecks
- Engineering: Sensors, Communications and Helm Systems
- Engineering: Operations and Command Functions
- Engineering: Medical Systems and Equipment
- Engineering: Life Support Systems
- Engineering: Deflectors, Weapons and Security Systems
- Engineering: LCARS Programming 1&2
- Engineering: Programming, Operations
- Engineering: (Specialty)Temporal mechanics
- Xenology: Advanced, General
- Xenology: Specialty, Betazoid
- Psychology: Terran, General
- Psychology: (Non-Terran, Major Species)
- Psychology: Two-lobed Interspecies Individuals Psychology: Four-lobed Interspecies *Individuals Psychology: Terran Personalities
- Psychology: Terran Development
- Psychology: Non-Terran, Major Species
- Specialty,Psychology: Mind Sciences.. (Telepathy and Empathy)
Awards & Commendations
TOSMA II x 2
His younger brother was shot and killed by Bajoran freedom fighters. His father at the time was a starfleet Ambassador trying to put pressure on the Cardassians to leave Bajor. Since this incident he avoids carrying rifearms, if he can.
His Betazoid up bringing dictates that he is generaly a Pacifist, this is a fundamental belief for Daydan. His Vulcan teachings hold other lessons that he keeps to himself.
Daydans love life... Now there is a thing...
Taboo had a relationship with Sylvianna T'Pah, a Vulcan/Betazoid who was with him for two years on the USS Steadfast, the two were insatiable lovers and were due to marry shortly after Sylvianna discovered that she was pregnant.. When her family found out Sylvianna was transferred out of Starfleet and into service on her mothers ship the T'ror, a Vulcan frigate... They never saw each other ever again...
Taboo has a sweetheart from his youth, or rather her youth, T'anya Rea was paired with him when he was a young man, she was still a child, although on Betazed it was not uncommon for such things Daydan found the whole thing unacceptable, the two remain very close and even though T'anya is a beautiful woman now he still finds it hard to accept his obligation to marry her...
He has had a few romances in his time with crew but nothing physical ever came of it... He holds a candle for someone but keeps his emotions to himself having dedicated himself to the Betazoid Goddess Karawati.. Taboo is regarded as celibate by most who know him... Perhaps he is waiting for someone special, or perhaps he does not wish to suffer the pain of a break up again..