Davina is an astrophysicist serving aboard the USS Mogami. She currently holds the Starfleet rank of Lieutenant, Junior Grade.
- Full Name: Davina Madeline Cairns
- Birthdate: 235606.17 (June 17, 2356)
- Birth Place: Troon, Scotland, Earth
- Current Rank: Lieutenant, Junior Grade
- Current Assignment: USS Mogami
- Gender: Female
- Species: Terran
- Telepathic Status: Nil
- Hair Color: Black
- Hair Length: Shoulder-length
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Height: 5'3"
- Weight: 140 lbs
- Skin Tone: Pale
- Scars: She has a small scar on her upper lip - the result of a bite from her pet dog when she was four
- Tattoos: None
- Birthmarks: None
- Build: Petite
- Tone/Voice: Has a gentle Scots accent
- Presence: Somewhat boisterous, Davina has a vibrant, outgoing persona. She likes to be the life and soul of a party
- Facial Features: She has plush, pink lips, full cheeks and freckles in the sunlight
- Clothing: Davina prefers to wear loose-fitting tunics and long, flowing skirts when off-duty
- Shoes: She wears brightly-colored, soft-healed shoes
Mannerisms and Other Information
- Habits: Purses her lips when she's thinking and taps her fingers on a table or her wrist when someone is frustrating her
- Mannerism: Extremely outgoing with a very warm, welcoming demeanor
- Hobbies: Riding horses, rock climbing, astronomy
Relationship with Tobias Brel
Davina Cairns shared a class with Tobias Brel's roommate at the Academy, Karol Krawiec. She had met Brel briefly on several occasions but he lacked the confidence to say much to her.
Karol's twenty sixth birthday coincided with the Mazurka Festival held each year in New Berlin on Luna. Knowing how his roommate felt about her, he invited both to join him and several other friends for a trip to the festival. On the first evening of the trip Karol persuaded Brel to wear Polish national dress for the evening's festivities, claiming that the entire party would be doing the same. When Brel realized he was the lone member of the group to dress up he was both annoyed and embarrassed, sharing his frustrations with a very amused Cairns. His shyness finally overcome, the pair started talking and grew close.
On their return to the Academy the pair attempted to maintain a relationship but they found that they were incompatible and split at her suggestion. For a while Brel found it hard to accept that they were no longer together, believing that they could be happy if they gave the relationship a chance. They remained close however and in time he came to recognize that they had not made a good couple.
She graduated over eighteen months before Brel, gaining a posting aboard the USS Mogami. They continue to write to one another, updating each other on their progress, and consider each other great friends.