|Crew of the USS Astraeus
|Lt. Commander Cadfael Peters
Lieutenant commander Cadfael Peters is currently serving as the chief engineer of the USS Astraeus.
- Andorian Ale. First exposed to it during his drink with Lt. Commander Sharpe, he's discovered he a lightweight. He'll want to sleep if he drinks a whole bottle by himself, if he doesn't land in sickbay first.
- Shotokan Karate: This particular form of martial arts he learned during his time at the academy, and his only practice has been on the holodeck with a rendering of his former sensei, Peter Rabbit.
- Snowboarding: He's not good, but he's competent. Can't do tricks, but can manage to get to the bottom of a hill without falling too much.
- Surfing: Competent. Not trickster, but wipes out gracefully.
- Starfleet Corps of Engineers Journals: Any time a research project spawns from one of these, he's in love with it.
- Card Games: Mostly Earth-based card games. Occasionally organizes game nights on the various vessels he serves on.
- Toothy smiles. Not a commentary against all Gorn, but when Nugra smiles at him with all teeth, it makes him nervous. Similarly, when Pon Pon grins at him like that it's just creepy.
- Formal dress parties. He doesn't like wearing the dress-whites and gets nervous around large groups of people. Looks for a convenient excuse to leave quickly.
- Sedatives and painkillers. He understands their purpose, and doesn't mind them when he's truly in pain. Though having to spend most of a shuttle ride incapacitated by them before undergoing surgery wasn't fun.
- Explosions. He's always had the worst timing and luck when it came to these. Ever since his graduation from the academy, he has been on the receiving end of things that go boom.
- Awkward Silences: The kind of silence after you put your proverbial foot in your mouth where you can't think of what to say next. This is just plain annoying to him.
- Research Projects: If it's something that isn't SCE journals, he has a loathing for it. Mostly because they are boring.
- Rule 5: Work doesn't exist when you're having fun.
- Rule 8: Improvise without the manual and get it done.
- Rule 9: If you're offered a tool exchange from another civilization, take it -- you never know when they could come in handy.
- Rule 10: Never leave home without a roll of duct tape.
- Rule 13: Never, ever involve lawyers or JAG.
See full article: Art Gallery
Notes & Trivia
- Helmsman security credentials: Beta-L3
- Favored encrypted transmission type: Morse Code
- Favored Possessions:
- TRC-600A Tribracer given to him by Amuro McKnight
- Brew Continuum Travel Mug Collection
- Gold BC travel mug from the Astraeus with an SCE sticker
- Red BC travel mug from the Juneau with a Starfleet Operations Division sticker on it, along with the words "Project Capstone" engraved just under the sticker
- Gold BC travel mug from the Juneau with an SCE sticker on it
- Red BC travel mug from the Chin'toka with Starfleet Operations Division sticker
- Gold BC travel mug from the Chin'toka with SCE sticker
- Creator of creatively named piloting maneuvers:
|NPC Listing · USS Astraeus Crew Manifest · Crew History