CON: Captain's Council Rewrite
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|IMPORANT: This page is part of the defunct Constitution Rewrite project from 2004. None of its provisions are in effect, but the contents are kept here for historical purposes and for reference as certain ideas are considered for implementation. The latest version of our constitution and its bylaws can be found here: UFOP Constitution.|
|Constitution Rewrite series|
- Membership. The CC shall be composed at all times of the following officers:
- Those who have formally been frocked with the rank of commander;
- Those who hold the position of "First Officer" aboard a ship in the group.
- Voting rights. While all those gathered may view and deliberate in discussions, voting rights are bestowed in the following manner:
- To anyone actively commanding a vessel who has achieved the rank of captain goes 1 vote;
- To anyone with the rank of Commander or the position of First Officer goes 1 vote, except in votes of the following matters:
- Passing of Bylaws, Standard Rules or Procedures.
- Discipline of officers
- Matters which the Executive Council deems sanctioned for those of Captains rank or above.
- Reserved powers for the CC. These powers have been reserved specifically to the CC and may be exercised by majority vote as described above but be it known that an exercise of any of these granted powers may be vetoed by the CC if four fifths of the EC membership so desire as related heretofore:
- Creation of "official" alien races;
- Recognition of plants, races, concepts, weapons, scientific advances, religions, political movements or developments, philosophies or other things or ideas as being an official part of the group milieu once those ideas, concepts or things have been discussed in simulated plots;
- Serving as the first appellate forum for discipline of commanders and junior officers;
- Creation of new awards or discontinuance of old awards except those applicable to flag officers only;
- Creation, alteration or amendment of the requirements for advancement to the rank of full commander;
- Creation, or removal of specific ranks up to the rank of commander;
- To call upon the EC by majority resolution to act on any issue. If the EC shall not act within 30 days of the EC magistrate receiving word of the resolution from the CC magistrate, the right to act shall return to the CC who shall act subject to the other articles of this CONSTITUTION (including EC veto powers and discipline). If the CC does not act within 30 days of the resolution return, the resolution becomes null and void as if never passed.