CON:Ship Organization (New)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Constitution Rewrite series|
- The group shall be organized into "ships," or sub-groups of members.
- Each ship shall consist of a commanding officer, so endowed with this position by the Executive Council. He is responsible for organizing the staff of his vessel as he so pleases, including the positioning of a sub-commanding officer (termed "First Officer"), and the subsequesent hierarchy.
- All ships will remain active through a distribution method of the Captains Council's choosing. This distribution method will be owned by at least one member of the Executive Council, though the Commanding Officer may be designated as a "moderator" (or equivalent position) for the sake of convenience and authority.
- Each ship will utilize their primary distribution method solely for the posting of new sims, and should always avoid the posting of entirely "out of character" messages through this primary method. A secondary method can be authorized by the Executive Council, for use in discussion pertaining to (but not actually consisting of) the ship's plot. This secondary method must also be owned by at least one member of the Executive Council for the sake of ensuring group quality and standards. Some ships may also have a third list for senior staff, which must also be owned by at least one member of the Executive Council for the sake of ensuring group quality and standards.
- Each ship's distribution method must be accessible by a URL, e-mail address, or web location of uniform appearance. The specific formatting of the name or access method to the distribution method should be codified by the Executive Council.
- TEMPORARY COMMAND. No commander or lower ranked officer shall have command of a ship other than temporarily as follows:
- A. If a full captain gives command to such officer, the command shall be for a set duration of time not to exceed 60 days. If such time shall end without the captain returning to resume command, the EC shall act to deactivate the ship and place the officers and crew thereon in other positions.
- B. If a full captain shall either retire or become AWOL, the lower ranked officer shall assume command only until the EC shall act in accord with (a) above.
This Article incorporates Bylaw 1