CON:Federation Command Authority (Rewrite)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|IMPORANT: This page is part of the defunct Constitution Rewrite project from 2004. None of its provisions are in effect, but the contents are kept here for historical purposes and for reference as certain ideas are considered for implementation. The latest version of our constitution and its bylaws can be found here: UFOP Constitution.|
|Constitution Rewrite series|
ARTICLE XI: FEDERATION COMMAND AUTHORITY
- Under normal conditions, The Federation Command Authority (FCA) is the Executive Council, fully manned of record and minimally constituted for the exercise of valid voting power.
- In the event of circumstances which prolong a condition whereby the EC is not able to muster three of its minimum membership (three Flag Officers, and one (voting) Captain at Large) to resolve by vote any important matter and if this condition exists for more than thirty calendar days, the reserve Federation Command Authority may exercise such extraordinary emergency powers as may be necessary to preserve the Federation and transact its business.
- It is recognized, however, that inherent in the granting of such power lies the possibility of extraordinary abuse. It is therefore recognized that the power to so act granted to the reserve FCA is severely limited in its scope. It shall specifically not include the power to alter or amend the CONSTITUTION, discipline any officer, change any bylaw or rule or in any other way act in a manner inconsistent with the spirit and specific intent of this CONSTITUTION. The FCA may, however, for that thirty day period or for as long as the emergency condition persists, exercise the other powers normally reserved to the EC and/or CC (if it should be discovered that the CC too is without a sufficient numerical majority required at a minimum to exercise valid voting powers) until such time as the emergency condition concludes and a sufficient majority of the EC has reassembled to exercise valid voting powers. At that time, all powers may once again be exercised.
- It is recognized that the FCA shall be constituted in order of priority and in the following manner:
- Fleet Admiral Wolf (or whatever titular holder of the nominally highest rank in the Federation or whatever individual who is the titular holder of the nominally highest rank in the Federation may hold such rank if such a time should come that Admiral Wolf no longer holds it) and then;
- Any full Admiral; and then;
- Any Vice-Admiral; and then;
- Any Rear-Admiral; and then;
- The Senior-most Fleet Captain or Commodore;
- The Captain at Large
- The Magistrate of the Captain’s Council
- The Senior-most Captain (whether or not a member of the CC or the member at large of the EC).
- The FCA shall assure itself that the emergency condition continues to persist and shall immediately yield FCA authority once the emergency condition ceases. The FCA shall report at all times to the assembled CC on the matters it is handling during the emergency operating condition and shall obtain the advice of the CC on all matters upon which the CC may feel it appropriate to comment.
- It is specifically provided herein that, should it appear that, during a period of emergency condition, the FCA operates in a manner unbecoming, inconsistent with this CONSTITUTION or in violation of any standard of conduct, rule or regulation of the UFOP:SB118, the CC shall have the power to compel a disciplinary vote by the full assembled EC when the emergency operating condition ceases.