Rear Admiral Brian Kelly is the former commanding officer of the USS Titan, USS Ranger, and the USS Ranger-A. He is currently retired.
- Full Name: Brian Michael Kelly
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 233010.14
- Place of Birth: Brooklyn, NY, United States, Earth
- Age: 69
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: None
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: N/A
- Hair Color: Mostly Grey
- Length of Hair: Cropped Short
- Eye Color: Brown
- Marital Status: Married to Commander Alis Hege-Kelly Starfleet Xenobiology Directorate, Denier III
- Daughter: Corrinne Kelly
- Father: Desmond Kelly - Retired
- Mother: Eileen Kelly - Deceased
- Sister: Elida Kelly, 57, Director, Genetics Department, Brandeis University, Waltham, MA, Earth - Unmarried.
- Brother: Ryan Kelly, 44, Barrister, Alpha Centauri Concordium - Married.
- Sister: Mary Kelly, Captain, Starfleet Marines, USS INCHON, Commanding
Rear Admiral Brian Kelly served as an inspiration to his crews, first to laugh, and quick to take action. He was not a Commanding Officer to sit in the Captain's Chair. More often than not, he took front row center and personally went in with his crew. He never left any crew member behind, no matter what the situation, and would repeatedly ignore Starfleet regulations and put himself in danger, for his crew, demonstrating his willingness to do everything he could for those who served under him. It is that kindness and compassion he is renowned for, more than his direct, take-no-prisioners approach. He has and remains to the day an inspiration for everyone who has ever served with him.
Second marriage for Subject. First marriage to Maureen Kelly, deceased (2366).
FILE NOTATIONS - COMMENT
Admiral Kelly has demonstrated over the course of his career a tendency to select a martial course of action as a first option where standard doctrine would suggest other alternatives; he has, however, appeared to have selected the correct option in such circumstances, which suggests that his profiled choices in tactical and strategic theaters have been a product of the mission profiles and attendant circumstances rather than a bias of the man.
His former commanding officers have noted that his actions reflect an intellectual approach to combat operations. He has never reflected any sign of instability or tendency to panic in such situations, which is clearly the reason for his two tours in two separate classified operational commands.
During periods in which diplomatic and internal conflicts have made unclear the apparent loyalty of high level fleet personnel, Kelly has always been considered to have unswerving loyalty to principle rather than “flag” or chain of command. This has made him popular with the marine service, of which he still holds rank, and with line officers and theater commanders. He is not, however, aside from Admirals Marlin, Randor, Wolf and similary situated flag officers, considered popular with flag officers or the diplomatic corps.
Service Record/Rank History:
- 2348 - Recruit, Starfleet Marine Corps, Camp New Lejune, Mars.
- 2348 - Posting, 255th Light Infantry Expiditionary Force (LIEF), USSM GIBRALTAR.
- 2349 - Promoted, Corporal, 255th LIEF.
- 2350 - Promoted, Sergeant, 255th LIEF.
- 2351 - Decorated, Purple Heart, Tanhauser Gate Intervention.
- 2352 - Promoted, Master Sergeant, 95th Force Recon, USSM MIDWAY.
- 2353 - Marine SEAL School, New Bahrain.
- 2354-2357 - CLASSIFIED.
- 2357 - Accepted, Interservice Officer Program, Starfleet Academy.
- 2361 - Graduated, Starfleet Academy.
- 2361 - Posted, Tactical Officer, USS SHETLAND.
- 2361 - Promoted, Full Lt.
- 2362 - Posted, Tactical Officer/CAG (Carrier Air Group Commander, 72nd Fighter Wing), USS GEORGE BRIGHAM.
- 2362 - Promoted, Lt.Cmdr.
- 2364-2368 - CLASSIFIED.
- 2369 - Promoted, Commander.
- 2371 - Posted, First Officer, USS Centris.
- 2372 - Promoted, Captain.
- 2372 - Commanding, USS Ranger, NCC-0821.
- 2373-2375 - Decorated: James Kirk Cross, Purple Star.
- 2375 - Promoted, Commodore.
- 2375 - CLASSIFIED/MIA.
- 2376 - Commanding, USS Ranger-A NCC-0821-A.
- 2376 - Decorated: Andorian Battle Star
- 2378 - Decorated: Shuvalis Diamond of Recognition, Karagite Order of Heroism
- 2379 - Promoted, Rear Admiral.
- 2379 - Commanding, USS Titan NCC-78164.
STARFLEET CLASSIFIED FILE - LEVEL 12 CLEARENCE REQUIRED
- 2354 - Posted, SEAL Team 5, Operative, USS NIGHTSHADE.
- 2355 - Promoted, SEAL TEAM 5, Leader, USS NIGHTSHADE.
- 2356 - Posted, Special Operations, Stafleet Marine Corps Strategic Operations.
- 2357 - Rotated Out of Marine Special Ops.
- 2363 - Posted, Lt. Commanding Officer, President's Special Operations Office (PSOO).
- 2364 - Posted, Field Operative, GATOL COLONY, Romulan Star Empire.
- 2365 - Posted, Field Operative, MAKIR COLONY, Cardassian Union.
- 2367 - Posted, Field Operative, Federation Embassy, Cardassia Prime.
- 2368 - Posted, Field Operative Team Commanding Officer, PSOO.
- 2369 - Rotated Out of Fleet Special Ops.
- 2375 - MIA in dissavowed operation over Cardassia Prime. Escaped.
Brian Kelly's most significant contribution to the group was the writing of the UFOP Constitution.