Ambassador Brayden Jorey is assigned to the USS Eagle
Noble son of the 10th House of Betazed, Guardian of the Eyes of Kylaron, Mystic of Khrysaros, and Tassa Master Brayden Jorey was born into Betazoid nobility and privilege. He has been raised by family, attendants, monks and tutors. Both his parents, his brother, and his grandmother have made their life in Starfleet. Jorey's childhood was lived at his family complex on Betazed or aboard a Federation starship. His parents were both killed in action during a mission at Malona IV when he was a teenager. His grandfather was killed during the Battle of Betazed during the dominion war. However, Jorey came to terms with their deaths and followed in their footsteps serving as an acting ensign aboard their ship.
In 2385, Jorey was accepted into Starfleet Academy. He majored in Tactical, minoring in Helm and Intelligence. Jorey was an above average student and an exception pilot and athlete. Jorey received many awards throughout his Academy career in athletics, martial abilities, and piloting. In his final year at the academy, he travelled to Forcas III to compete in the Klingon Bat'leth competition. Jorey is one of very few non-Klingon warriors to be awarded Champion Standing.
Throughout his life Jorey has dedicated himself to Betazoid culture. He is a deeply religious person, a Tassa Mystic, and holds Betazoid culture and his heritage in the highest regard. He follows the teachings of Khrysaros. Jorey is relentless in honouring and expressing his Betazoid roots, which can often make him seem flamboyant, eccentric, and even self-obsessed. However, he is extremely charismatic, diplomatic, and deep down altruistic which makes him a fine Starfleet Officer.
- Height: 6'3
- Weight: 190 lbs
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Clean and short (shaved)
- Eye Color: Black
- Build: Muscular and Athletic
- Face: Smooth brown tones, near perfect complexion, clean shaven
- Carriage: Confident, Strong, tempered with graceful movements
- Poses: Always upright and good posture, but stands as though he is always ready for battle.
- Tattoos: Jorey has a Betazoid religious symbol tattooed on his right inner thigh.
- Off Duty Clothing: Black shorts, opaque tunic with elaborate patterns of small colourful crystals and ornate strapped sandals.
- Jewllery: Betazoid crystals in each ear. Off duty Jorey also is adorned with other jewellery including earrings, necklaces, bracelets, broaches, etc.
- Voice: Hits consonants lightly and speaks with a rich, melodic warm baritone.
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Personal Quarters: On the USS Thunder-A Brayden's quarters are lavishly decorated with fine natural materials and scented with a fragrant Muktok plant. The quarters are always relatively tidy, with the exception of many surfaces cluttered with flowers, ornate trinkets, and religious pieces. Brayden also has a personal residence on the East Beaches of Lokesh Island near the Embassy on Duronis II named Cyndriel Villas after his homeworld.
Jorey's personality can best be described as a complex web of incompatibilities. He is a deeply spiritual, compassionate, and generous person. He is equally vain, strong-willed, and impulsive. He demonstrates the classic Betazoid trait of being very open and honest, occasionally to a fault. Jorey has spent much of his life aboard Federation vessels and while on duty he does very well at adapting to Human social conventions, however, off-duty he prefers to honour and express his Betazoid culture which can be seen as flamboyant, eccentric, and even self-obsessed. Jorey is extremely charismatic, diplomatic, and personable, however he is equally manipulative and aggressive. Jorey's negative personality traits are tempered, however, by a sincere and higher than average level of altruism.
Ambitions and Goals
Jorey is the son of career Starfleet officers and the grandson of a general and diplomat. His upbringing has always been focused on preparing him for a Starfleet career. Jorey is driven, assertive, confident and strong-willed. It is likely that Jorey will likely have a long and successful career in Starfleet. His ambitions will seem him rise through the ranks towards his ultimate goal of being the Captain of his own ship.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
The majority of Jorey's personal achievements are related to athletic and martial activities. At age 20 Jorey completed Tassa'Akai training and was granted Mystic status. Later that year, Jorey competed in the Bat'leth competition on Forcas III and became one of the few non-Klingon warriors to achieve Champion Standing. At the end of his third year at Starfleet Academy he was awarded 'Athlete of the Year' after being the top scoring striker in the soccer league and leading his Velocity team to the championship.
Jorey has had few disappointments in life, however, he has experienced a great deal of loss. The death of his grandfather during the Battle of Betazed and the death of his parents during a mission at Malona IV have had a deep and lasting impression on Jorey.
The House of Jorey is one of Betazed's noble family lines and a member family of the 10th House of Betazed – the House of Perseverance.
Grandmother - Ambassador Calodia Jorey (Betazed)
- Jorey's grandmother is remarkably strong, intimidating, and fearless woman. She is a warrior, tactician, and expert negotiator. She has been an Ambassador for Betazed for decades and has even been called upon by the Federation to represent their interests in difficult negotiations. She was also a key figure in the Battle of Betazed, eventually defeating the dominion.
Grandfather - Brysen Jorey (Deceased)
- Jorey's grandfather died during the dominion occupation of Betazed. He was a dedicated, strong-willed, and spiritual man. He was a great spiritual mentor and guide for Jorey and even in death continues to be so.
Mother - Lt. Commander Veloxen Jorey (Deceased)
- Jorey's mother was a vivacious and exceptionally curious woman. It is that endless curiosity that eventually lead her toward a career in Starfleet. She was very focused on raising Jorey to be better equipped and prepared to live among non-betazoids than she was. However, she did so from the belief that Betazoids are superior to other humanoids.
Father - Lt. Commander Delon Jorey (Deceased)
- Jorey's father was a warm, nurturing, and incredibly kind man. He married Jorey's mother when they were young and joined Starfleet so he could be close to her and keep their family together. Jorey's father was focused on making sure that Jorey knew about his Betazoid culture, heriatage, and made sure to provide him with the best education to develop his telepathic and empathic abilities.
Brother - Lt. Dylan Jorey (USS Degault)
- Jorey's Brother is two years older than him. They were very close as children and shared a deep connection with each other. However, as Jorey's telepathic abilities surpassed his brother's in adolescence and he began getting far more attention, jealously caused them to grow apart. After the death of their parents, the two brother's quickly moved beyond petty rivalries and grew close quickly and forming an even deeper connection to each other than when they were kids. Dylan is flamboyant, expressive, artistic, and sensitive. He is currently serving aboard the USS Degault as a Chief Medical Officer.
|Acting Ensign||238411.11 - 238606.05||USS Degault||Helm Officer|
|Cadet 4th Class||238606.05 - 238706.05||Starfleet Academy||Tactical Major/Helm Minor|
|Cadet 3rd Class||238706.05 - 238806.05|
|Cadet 2nd Class||238806.05 - 238906.05|
|Cadet 1st Class||238906.05 - 238912.15||Starbase 118/USS Degault||Tactical Officer|
|Ensign||238912.15 - 239002.06||USS Tiger-A||Helm Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239002.06 - 239012.05||Chief Helm Officer/CAG|
|Lieutenant||239012.05 - 239104.01||Chief of Security and Tactical/CAG|
|239104.01 - 239105.01||USS Gemini||Chief of Security|
|239105.01 - 239106.01||Starbase 118 - Black Tower||Starfleet Intelligence|
|239106.01 - 239109.24||Embassy/USS Thunder-A||Chief Intelligence Officer/Second Officer|
|Lt. Commander||239109.24 - 239202.23|
|239202.23 - 239204.30||USS Darwin-A||First Officer|
|239204.30 - 239301.26||LOA|
|239301.26 - 239302.09||USS Darwin-A||Tactical Officer|
|239302.09 - 239304.19||Assistant CTO|
|239304.19 - 239404.13||Embassy / USS Thunder-A||First Officer|
|Commander||239404.13 - 239410.01||Embassy / USS Thor||Special Operations|
|Ambassador||239410.01 - Present||USS Eagle||FDC|
Arrival at Starbase 118
This SIM introduces readers to Koroth, an important friend and lover in Jorey's life, as Jorey completes his cadet cruise aboard the USS Degault. Jorey shares a few intimate moments with the ship's captain and Koroth before docking on to Starbase 118 to complete his final exam.
This SIM was the 'Runner Up' in the December 2012 Writing Challenge. The challenge was to incorporate spirituality into the SIM. In this post readers are given the details of an ancient Betazoid ritual and an important moment in Jorey and Koroth's romance.
One Man's Nightmare, Is Another Man's Dream
This SIM was nominated for the Top SIM's Contest by Flt. Capt. Sidney Riley. In this post Jorey has been captured by a race known as 'Reapers' who are able to induce nightmares and twisted forms of reality among those they capture. Jorey is faced with the fear of losing control and turning into a dark force for use by the Reapers.
Becoming Agent X
The Naked Truth (Part 1)
In this sim, Brayden wakes up in his new Embassy residence, 'Cyndriel Villas', for the very first time. This is also the first sim where his grandmother Ambassador Calodia Jorey appears in the flesh.
JOREY IN THE NEWS
|NPC Listing · USS Eagle Crew Manifest · Crew History