Difference between revisions of "Berus Tero"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Added birthdate and family info)
(Background info filled out)
|Line 28:||Line 28:|
Revision as of 08:34, 17 June 2011
Doctor Berus Tero, a Bajoran, is currently a PNPC physician aboard the USS Discovery-B.
- Full Name: Berus Tero
- Current Rank: Lieutenant JG
- Race: Bajoran
- Date of Birth: 234009.21
- Place of Birth: Hedrikspool Province
- Gender: Male
- Telepathic status: N/A
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 180 lbs
- Hair Color: Salt-and-pepper
- Eye Color: Brown
- Spouse: None
- Children: None
- Father: Berus Oram (deceased)
- Mother: Berus Nima (deceased)
- Siblings: Berus Torm, brother (deceased)
- Born in a small unnamed village in Hedrikspool Province during the Occupation to young parents. Tero was the oldest child, followed within a year by his younger brother Torm.
- Born into a family with a strong D'jarra history as healers and doctors. Both of his parents were provincial doctors who had moved often, running from both the Cardassians and the more militant cells of the Bajoran Resistance.
- Tero's father was caught and incarcerated by the Cardassians in 2352. Tero has been unable to ascertain his father's fate to this day.
- Tero's mother joined a resistance cell shortly after his father's capture. She harbored a maniacal devotion to the Resistance until her death in a raid in 2355.
- Tero's brother continued his mother's devotion to the Resistance, and became a high-ranking member of a cell until his disappearance, whether by capture or death, in 2365. Tero has been unable to ascertain his brother's fate to this day.
- Tero always fostered an exceptionally high spirituality, right from a very young age. Had it not been for the Occupation, and the effects it had on his life, he would have most certainly aspired to rise through the ranks of Bajor's religious offices.
- Tero followed a medical path in his life for practical reasons: it was his family's D'jarra, his parents had both been healers, and his upbringing in and around resistance cells had placed a premium on individuals with medical training.
- As soon as the liberation of Bajor was complete in 2369, Tero formalized his medical experience with training at the Ilvian Medical Complex in the city of Ilvia.
- When Bajor signed the non-aggression pact with the Dominion in 2373, Tero was secretly aghast, believing that Bajor's future lie with the Federation. With the pact signed and the Federation membership application withdrawn, Tero became resolute to one day join Starfleet. To that end, he immediately chose to join the Bajoran Militia, hoping to garner the necessary experience and credentials to one day apply to Starfleet.
- When Bajor finally declared war against the Dominion in 2374, Tero was in a position to utilize his medical training aboard various Starfleet installations and ships, including a tour of duty as a medic on a Vulcan cruiser.
- After the Dominion War terminated, Tero was able to get his sponsorship and letter of reference in order to apply for Starfleet Academy.
Berus Tero is a PNPC for Eric Lundrigan.