The Sarshayet want to meet to discuss the potential of joining the Federation. They are a reclusive society who rarely travel beyond the limits of their home space in Nebula KR27-B. They have set up a week of discussions to culminate in what is hoped to be a celebration of joining, as their culture has finally embraced moving ahead with alien relations. The Sarshayet are important to the Federation because Nebula KR27-B contains asteroid fields with valuable dilithium deposits, and the Apollo crew is given the directive to "make this happen".
To complicate matters, something has caused the crew to be unable to sleep since they entered the Nebula. They are tired, but.. the show must go on.. The senior officers make preparations to give the visiting dignitaries a tour of their areas of the ship. They must make a good showing to the alien envoy in order to complete the diplomatic mission.
Sarshay, a planet hidden deep in Nebula KR27-B.
Sarshayet - A reclusive species until just recently content to remain isolated within Nebula KR27-B.
Physiology & Appearance
- Skin tones: Human skin seems to go from peach to yellow and into brown with reddish hues from light
or dark. The same with purples, blues and reds. The skin tone maybe indicative of a blue star rather than yellow, the plants would, oranges and yellows rather than green.
- Hair and gender: Near human norm... As far as we can see anyhow.
- Eyes: Cat eyes or Goat eyes (slit sideways) and can see further into the UV spectrum.
Visible Cultural Symbol
- A striped color of paint on the forehead that correspond to perhaps social standing, professional or age. -- aboriginal people had stripes across the cheeks something like war paint, a tiger swipe across the cheeks. Another had a strip coming down the center of the forehead down the nose and flared outwards at the mouth.
- The stripes might be tattoos on some.
Culture on Sarshay
- Hidden deep in Nebula KR27-B, it is a planet that has kept to itself, despite knowing for a very long time that other planets and societies exist. Now, they are finally stepping forward to speak with the Federation about making an alliance that could benefit both.
- The Sarshayet have a unified government run education system. From grade school to college everything is organized and uniform. This is not a method to control knowledge, but to ensure quality in education.
- The Sarshayet have a deep connection to culture and the arts. A deep appreciation for beauty and creativity. From grand architecture to colorful fashion to a wide library of music.
- Some might try to guard their 'gem' of a culture, while their natural creativity and curiosity might push others to explore outside their world.
- Some of the Sarshayet disagree with making connections to the universe outside the nebula. For others, this is a time of great excitement. They might be very eager to learn about the Federation and its vast knowledge of the variety of planets, people and experiences outside the nebula.
- Why are the Sarshayet choosing now to (re)visit the idea of the Federation? This couldn't have been the first attempt at opening up negotiations . .
- What has changed?
- Why is the govt saying this has to happen?
- Is there some intrigue going on, or some instability (political, financial, environmental, ect) that is driving this idea, or is it just because the voice crying out for knowing their neighbors getting louder in recent generations then in the prior ones?
- Dara BekZol (played by Jolara) - a career politician who is eager and determined to see the talks with the Federation go smoothly.
- Jarrah TenSak (played by R'Ven) - likes the financial opportunity of it, but is not quite sure why the govt is behind it now but he is more than willing to use the momentum they generate.
- Ferrick SevLok (played by Blair) - a military representative who goals are yet to be determined.
- Eno HenDel (played by Walker) - protective of cultural/education interests, wary of the culture interacting with others and being changed.
- Sabo TunKael (played by Cody) - a Meditation and Martial Arts Master, Retired Astronaut/University Instructor
- More to Come!
Reports and Useful Sims
|NPC Listing · USS Apollo-A Crew Manifest · Crew History