|Intelligent Lifeform Index|
|Four Letter Code||ARCT|
|Planet of Origin||Arcturus IV|
|Current Tech Level||N|
|List of Named Arcturians|
Full ILI Gallery • Permitted Species Gallery
- Proper Name: Arcturian
- Pronunciation: Arc'Tur'ian
- Quadrant: Beta
- Location: Ofin Hodies Sector (coordinates B25-0002-1300)
- Proper Name: Benis Multalis
- Pronunciation: Ben'is Mul'Tal'is
- Star: It orbits a class M (Red) star
- Distance from Star: it's orbit is approximately 231 million km
- Companions: 8 other planets. It is the 3rd planet in the system
- Proper Name: Arcturas
- Pronunciation: Arc'Turas
- Diameter: 14,413 km (8,956 miles)
- Gravity: 1.06 standard gravity with a density of 5.2
- Axial Tilt: 0.94%, no appreciable tilt and no seasons
- Orbital Period: 398 days
- Rotational Period: 23 hours
- Classification: M
- Surface Water: 52%
- Atmosphere: 1.01 is a standard pressure with 75% nitrogen, 24% oxygen, 1% trace chemicals
- Climate: A mix of temperate and semi-tropical vegetation over 2/3 of the planet.
- Population: Just over 13 billion
The Arcturians were a humanoid species that had been encountered by the Federation in the latter half of the 23rd century. By the 2270s, Arcturians were serving in Starfleet, most notably as members of the Marines. In fact more Arcturians have served as infantry for the Federation than any other species.
They have a council made up of the 21 members of their society that have been deemed the most perfect genetically.
A race of humanoids, Arcturians are hairless and have very, very loose skin, to the point where there are dozens of loose folds of skin throughout the body.
They have a fairly resistant immune system and can easily survive a few days without food and water. As a rule they suffer from very few diseases and tend to recover rapidly from most injuries. It is believed that this was the intention of their early cloning experiments.
As with their physiology they tend to be able to withstand high levels of pain, adverse conditions and dangerous situations with very little stress. This may have also been the intention of their early cloning experiments.
unknown at this time.
Unknown at this time.
They are so militaristic that the only way to tell them apart is the coloring of their uniforms and the various ranks, units and training badges used to identify each individual.
Arcturians generally frown on sexual reproduction, and often choose to have themselves cloned. Arcurian culture frowns on individuality and sexuality and encourages conformity and asexuality.
Since they have an appreciation for Shakespeare, a popular version of Macbeth was re-envisioned by the Arcturians. Sponsored by the Galactic Cultural Exchange Project, this rendition was notably performed by the Karidian Company of Players, a touring theatrical troupe headed by Anton Karidian, in 2266.
What few customs they have are distinctly militaristic in nature.
They are on a par with most Federation member worlds.
A popular beverage is the Arcturian fizz. Other than this they have a healthy economy with lots of exports and imports. If needed they could be self-sufficient but it would be difficult due to their population.
A race of clones they provide the backbone of the Federation infantry – not least because, if needed, they could clone billions of new soldiers overnight.
Federation Intelligence Files
A true militaristic species they are strongly devoted to the ideas and philosophy of the Federation.
- Moved to Need Reviewed Section by CC Magistrate due to user creation and no CC Approval on File See CC Bylaw 4.
come partially, or entirely from
|SPECIES PROFILE UPDATED
This profile was revised by the Species Development Committee.
|Please add any new information discovered during the course of a mission or shore leave.|