- Ara has acquired her immense wealth by marrying a great many businessmen. She has survived them all, and according to certain rumors she may have poisoned a few of them. Whether this is true or not, she has so far evaded any real suspicion.
- She decided to live on Starbase 118 so that she could keep a close eye on Brek, (who was assigned on this Station between 2388 and 2390). There, she likes to stay at the Leopolis, one of the most expensive hotels on 118.
- Now that her grandson is stationed on the USS Columbia, she can often be found on New Scotland. Her favorite retreat is the Hotel Gleanagles and its Royal Lochnagar Suite. She is convinced that the damp atmosphere of New Scotland is doing wonder for her complexion.
- Some years ago, she acquired the service of a young Terran male called Arno Lundberg, who acts as a bodyguard and servant, and who follows her everywhere. Nobody knows what sort of relationship exists between them two, but it seems to pay well, since Lundberg hasn't run away yet.
- She despises Glutik (a friend of Brek), and every time she has the misfortune of seeing him, she makes sure to discredit him.