Difference between revisions of "Apollo Deck Layout/The Dark Room"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 05:46, 11 July 2019
- The Dark Room is an intelligence sensitive data fault designed to serve an intel operative aboard a starship. Coined by Lt. Viktor Lanius aboard the USS Apollo, the room has served multiple purposes since its conception, and has many upgrades and customizations to fit his needs. The room features a double door entry port, along with finger print and voice recognition algorithms. The computer, which has been codenamed JANUS(Joint Analytical Network for Unified Strategy), acts more as Lanius's personal assistant to which he can pull out and categorize any amount of data either within or outside of SFI. All transactions of information are coded and sent to SFI for security logs, so that there is a supreme checks and balances system.
- One of the key features of the room, is its innovative security features. If Janus is to recognize a biosignature in the room that has not been pre-approved by SFI, or the Primary User of the room ( in this case, Lanius), each of the rooms 4 giant wall displays and consoles will seal themselves back into the walls. The doors will lock and security teams will be notified, along with the Primary User. All information gathering tools, be it consoles, terminals, or PADDs, wil lbe locked down as well, rendering the room completely useless to the intruder.
- One of the most unique advantages of the room is the independant function of its own computer. Janus is programmed to identify one user, as specified by the Primary User Algorithm that was installed by Viktor Lanius. No others, except in this case the ship's CO, can access the room or its contents without direct order from Lanius himself.
- Dimensions: 30'x30'x12'
- Composition: Security Grade Tritanium alloy
- The four walls of the simple room house all the tools of the trade. Holoemitters placed all around the room allow for data to be displayed virtually anywhere, accessible through any of the rooms 6 consoles. In the center of the room, a islnad of sorts housing consoles and a viewing platforms, as well as data storage terminals and information nodes rises up upon entry of the Primary User. When the User exits the room, all surfaces retreat into their holding positions, yeilding the room as a cold black cube with no discernable purpose. Even if someone were to gain entry to the room, they still would not be able to use any of the features inside.
- Color: When offline, Black. When online, usually dark with neon blue lighting, but due to the holoemitters, can be altered to appear any which way.