Lieutenant Antero Flynn is currently serving as a Helm Officer on the USS Veritas.
|Birthplace||Risa (Epsilon Ceti ll)|
- Height: 5'11
- Weight: 170
- Hair: Blonde
- Eyes: Brown
- Skin Tone: Light Tan
- Build: Athletic
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
Some would call his flying "reckless". He likes to think of it as "Innovative".
The first time Antero strode onto the bridge of a starship those who knew him would have described him as a light hearted, fun loving guy who lived for thrill and never stopped moving. During shore leave he was the life of the party, during missions he poured everything he had into the helm of a starship, the more dangerous the better.
Today he has developed a depth that comes with years of service as a front line officer, a shaping that many seasoned veterans would describe as arduous but tempering.
With a lot of time and soul searching, the Risian has learned to intertwine these traits and embrace qualities not just of thrill and passion, but also of serenity, patience, and fortitude.
- Moral & Personal Philosophy: Antero takes the Risian value of “All that is ours is yours” to heart. He is exceedingly generous, if a stranger asked for the shirt off his back, he would be quickly shirtless (and a little too happy about it..).
- Sexuality: Risian culture differs from that of many races when it comes to romance, and many members of the species tend to be very open in regards to intimacy. Antero is no exception and is unabashed when it comes to sexuality and forming connections with others. While he has formed passionate relationships with specific people in the past, he believes such feelings can be openly shared and appreciated. He is no stranger to Jamaharon, and quickly established a bit of a reputation upon his initial arrival at the academy. He has since taken up a fascination with the study of the cultural practices and limitations of other species in that regard, later learning some of his own limitations while engaging in a heated pon farr with Aitas.
- Favorite Foods: Tolerates most food and is very adventurous with trying new things. When in doubt, fresh fruit is always a win.
- Dislikes: Alvanian Brandy (doesn’t want to talk about it).
- Hobbies/Talents: Surfing, Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, Cliff Diving, Dancing, Juggling, Carving Walking Sticks, Ukulele, Risian Lute.
- Traits: Has a considerable lack of inhibition.
- Musical Taste: Classic Earth Beach and Island, but has grown to appreciate a wider variety as he discovers is, with a particular fondness for music that can get his heart pumping.
Many FishHe doesn't do so well with pets...
- Motivation: When his younger brothers vessel went missing and was suspected destroyed, he vowed to do more with his life than to host tourists and compete in surfing competitions. He attempted to fill the void left by the loss of his ambitious brother. Antero also has a great interest and fascination with other cultures and worlds. He considers it the greatest adventure to visit unknown planets and discover new civilizations.
- Past Achievements: Was a member of the Nova Squadron. Competed successfully in several surfing competitions. Won third place in the Starfleet Academy Marathon.
*Acquire a bottle of Romulan Ale.
- Take part in a First Contact mission.
- Participate in a Renithor race.
- Explore the waters of Adru.
- Pass through a stable wormhole.
- Climb the cliffs of Bole.
After coming to the decision to join Starfleet Academy Antero studied long and hard to prepare. He had never taken education seriously in the past but was determined to follow the course. To his own surprise, he was accepted on his first attempt. His scores were by no means record breaking, and he was sure he barely passed the psych test, but he was in. That was enough.
From the moment Antero decided to make a career in Starfleet he knew his path. He signed on as a Helm officer and never regretted it. Although he struggled to keep up with his required Engineering classes, he excelled with Tactics and maneuverability. Even spending extra free time practicing and experiencing the thrill of a fast ship. He was very near to passing with a Premier Distinction, if not for a small incident involving Alvanian Brandy…
Reflecting on his experiences growing up on the vacation world of Risa, Antero had a great fascination with other species and cultures. He spent much of his time getting to know many cadets from various home worlds. Due to this interest, Antero took a few classes in Anthropology and similar sciences just for fun. At the encouragement of his professors, he eventually took the extra steps to complete it as a minor.
- Major: Helm/Navigation
- Minor: Anthropology
- Academy Extracurricular: Starfleet Academy Marathon
- For full article, see Medical Record
|Having met only briefly before being thrust into a mission that resulted in the loss of the USS Albion, their chemistry was bolstered when Antero held her for dear life after her harness failed. The resulting follow up led to a passionate romance and a strong connection that resulted in the birth of their son Aurelio Sakon Igre (named after his brother).|
|One of the first officers Antero met as a fresh Ensign out of the academy, the Gorn made a lasting impression. They have since become fast friends and have fostered a deep mutual respect for each other both personally and professionally. Most importantly, Tatash is his go to grill man at all of his beach parties.|
|While serving together on the Columbia, Antero and Theo quickly became close. After the Risian came to terms with his fear of commitment, the two and a magical but short lived relationship due to being transferred apart. Since then they re-connected aboard Starbase 118 and maintained a happy friendship for the duration of their assignment together.|
|Meeting aboard the Columbia when Ren was appointed first officer, the two became fast friends during a daring adventure on the snowy resort world of Eschevar. Antero not only looks up to him as a talented pilot and seasoned officer, but as a person of great character as well.|
|Antero has had a fondness for the Romulan since the day they met on the Columbia. Never giving into racial mistrust, they developed a strong, yet unique working relationship. The Risian has always found something thrilling about the woman, and does not hesitate to flirt.|
|Antero first met Chythar when he proctored his Academy practical exam. When the two were briefly assigned to the same vessel, they began to spend time together off duty and became close friends.|
|The Betazoid doctor was Antero's best friend from the moment they met at the academy. They loved to joke around, and had come to truly care about the well being of one another. Mirra was a source of much support and encouragement to the Risian.|
|A fellow Risian, 'Bay' was Antero's best friend growing up. They had many great adventures together and cherish their childhood memories.
|Cadet First Class||239205.11||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Science|
|Ensign||239205.12 - 239209.07||USS Columbia||Helm|
|Lieutenant JG||239209.27 - 239211.15||USS Columbia||Helm|
|Lieutenant JG||239211.15 - 239301.11||USS Apollo-A||Helm|
|Lieutenant JG||239301.11 - 239302.01||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion||Helm/Comm/Ops|
|Lieutenant JG||239302.01 - 239303.20||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion||C.A.G. Flight Officer|
|Lieutenant||239303.20 - 239308.19||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion||C.A.G. Flight Officer|
|Lieutenant||239308.19 - 239309.26||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Albion||Chief Helm Officer|
|Lt Commander||239309.26 - 239508.03||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Columbia||Chief Helm Officer|
|Civilian||239508.03 - 239512.21||Starbase 118 Ops / USS Narendra||Civilian Consultant|
|Lieutenant||239512.21 - 239707.28||Starfleet Academy - Earth||Nova Squadron Training Officer|
|Lieutenant||239707.28 - Present||USS Veritas||Helm Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · USS Veritas Crew Manifest · Crew History