Ensign Anscom Folds currently serves as a Medical Officer aboard the USS Excalibur-A.
- Full Name: Anscom Harrison Folds
- Race: Human
- Date of Birth: 237203.20
- Place of Birth: Savannah, Georgia, USA, Earth
- Age: 28
- Gender: Male
- Height: 5'11
- Weight: 170 lbs.
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Length of Hair: Typically kept at about 2-3 inches in length
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Caucasian; light freckling that tends to grow heavier with time spent on a planet's surface
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Build: Average
- Carriage: Straight posture; usually walks with long strides at a quick pace.
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): Tilts head to the left when listening attentively. Sometimes becomes self-conscious about what his hands are doing, causing him to hold them together deliberately.
- Handedness: Right-handed
- Quarters: Typically tidy, with the exception of his desk. Will use any large, flat surface as a desk.
- Favorite Room: A lab or a library.
- Mannerisms: Sometimes comes across as aloof or arrogant. This is, in fact, a face put on, sometimes deliberately, sometimes from habit, when he feels nervous, uncertain, or a strong lack of confidence in himself.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Most of the time, he would say none; in one of his more romantic (and honest) moments, he would claim a combination of art and medicine.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Study of various Federation and Alpha/Beta Quadrant languages; poetry; baseball.
- Dislikes: Engineering sections, generally; areas close to the warp core in particular. (He blames it on the effects of changed electromagnetic fields, and a too-strong knowledge of what warp plasma and other chemicals/gases in Engineering sections can do to biological matter.)
- Ambitions and Goals: He isn't certain what, exactly, his ambitions and goals are, except succeeding at his job and healing patients. He has never allowed himself to look far enough into the future to know what, exactly, he wants from his life.
- Achievements in Life: Getting into, and successfully completing, Starfleet Academy; a university honors project (pre-Starfleet) on the psychology and poetry of Humans, Bajorans, and Vulcans.
- Disappointments in Life: His parents' skepticism of a career in medicine; his sister's flightiness; his brother's coldness toward the entire family.
- Temperment: Can be perplexingly, and alternatingly, cold and aloof or warm and caring. Typically patient with others, but hard (and impatient) on himself.
- Marital Status: Single
- Children: None
- Father: Rolan Folds (b. 2330)
- Mother: Stella Folds (b. 2330)
- Siblings: Fiona Folds (b. 2354), Cyril Folds (b. 2358)
Anscom Folds was born the youngest of three widely spaced siblings in Savannah, Georgia shortly after his family had relocated there so that his mother could better pursue her research studying marine flora. His older siblings, like his parents, were born in London, England, and Anscom’s spoken language fluctuates between the accent of his family and of his birthplace.
His father had briefly served as an enlisted engineer in Starfleet but left the service by his twenty-first birthday. Rolan then served for several years as the engineer of a small merchant ship, but returned permanently to Earth shortly after the birth of his first child, Fiona. Despite his claims that he had grown weary of space travel, all of the Folds children, especially Fiona, felt pressure to join Starfleet and make a career where their father had not. Fiona left for Starfleet Academy when Anscom was in grade school, but flunked out after two terms. After this point, Rolan concluded that his children, like himself, were doomed to failure and mediocrity.
Starfleet was never mentioned to Anscom, but was always something he thought he “was supposed” to attempt. Despite being the only member of his family to make it through the Academy, his interest in looking after the welfare of the crew, rather than servicing a ship or making discoveries, has caused them to look at his career as “settling” for less.
His parents still reside in Savannah, Georgia; his brother, Cyril, has returned to London as a music instructor for children. Fiona has become a kind of spiritual seeker, spending months at monasteries in between runs on a cargo freighter.
- 236203.20: Anscom Folds born in Savannah, Georgia.
- 2380-84: Studies Compartive Psychology at Duke University, North Carolina, Earth. His interest in the interactions among different species, as well as language studies, prompt him to apply to Starfleet Academy for medical training.
- Fall, 2384: Enters Starfleet Academy
- 2386: Finishes Starfleet Academy general and elective training
- 2390: Completes Starfleet Academy Medical training. Graduates with a Medical major and electives chosen to complement his earlier training in psychology and linguistics.
- 239007.16 - Assigned to StarBase 118 Ops
- 239008.03 -- Transferred to USS Excalibur-A along with the rest Starbase 118's staff, continuing in his role as Medical Officer.
Missions on Starbase 118: Operations
Missions on the U.S.S. Excalibur-A
|NPC Listing · USS Excalibur-A Crew Manifest · Crew History