Annus Horribilis, Part 2 (Gorkon)
|2393, Episode 2|
Annus Horribilis, Part 2
- Stardate 239305.11 to Present
Still trapped in an alternate universe where the Dominion won the war, the Gorkon is pursued by a relentless and familiar adversary as it tries desperately to find a way home.
- U.S.S. Gorkon - The ship sustained heavy damage during it's battle with the Dominion a month earlier. Most major damage has been repaired, although it's main deflector is still out of commission. Without it, the ship is limited in speed and unable to return home.
- Dominion Battleship B937 - Rona'toran Erik Jansen pursues the Gorkon from his ship gifted to him by the Dominion for his betrayal of the Triumphant.
- U.S.S. Yarahla - A Luna-class starship attached to the S&R fleet back home which had searched for the Gorkon. Once the search was called off, the fleet returned to Astrofori One for rest and repairs. However, a ragtag group of people have other plans for the ship.
- Starship Graveyard - Hundreds of Federation and Klingon ships made a last stand against the Dominion. It has been picked apart over and over again over the twenty years since the war. The Gorkon arrives to try and scavenge anything left behind.
- Creshan'na Riyas - An ancient space station supposedly built by the Menthars. In this universe, it has been taken over by a small Dominion force.
- Captain Walter Brunsig - Dominion Universe counterpart of Commander Walter Brunsig. Former commander of the Triumphant.
- Commander Walter Brunsig - He abrupt, gruff, sarcastic, downright rude... and incredibly good at his job.
- Lt. Quinn Reynolds - Gifted engineer.
- Lt. Commander Turc Brakur
- Petty Officer Xanti Liss - Reptilian engineer and gentle giant.
- Lael_Desai-Orrey_(alternate) - Lael Rosek's alternate universe counterpart. Mother to Jax Orrey.
- Kellan Desai (alternate) - Lael Rosek's alternate universe counterpart's twin brother. A medical officer and Ensign aboard the Triumphant
- Aldek Desai (alternate) - Lael Rosek's alternate universe counterpart's father. An Al-Leyan Ambassador.
- Jackson_"Jax"_Orrey_(alternate) - Lael Rosek's alternate universe counterpart's son.
- Rona'toran Erik Jansen - Former crewmate of the Triumphant. He betrayed the ship and crew in their battle with the Dominion, destroying the ship in the process. For his reward, the Dominion granted him Rona'toran rank and his own battleship. He now relentlessly searches for the Gorkon to finish them off for good.
Act 1 - A Quick Escape
Following their victory and escape from the Dominion fleet, the Gorkon finds its way to the Ferengi casino ship Helase. There, Captain Quinn Reynolds attempts to negotiate with its owner, Mot, for parts to repair the Gorkon. Meanwhile, other members of the crew were enjoying some free time onboard the Helase. Some found entertainment at the casino, others visited shops and restaurants. All was not to be, however, as the Triumphant's former crew mate, Erik Jansen, returns in a blaze of glory: now commanding a Dominion battleship, he has placed an enormous bounty on the Gorkon throughout the region, forcing the crew and ship to quickly depart the Helase. Despite the urgency of the situation, Captain Reynolds found some time to quickly recognize her crew's valiant efforts over the past several weeks. She handed out promotions and ribbons before diving into the problem of getting home.
Meanwhile, back in their home universe, the months-long search-and-rescue of the Gorkon is finally called off. Starfleet declares the ship lost with all hands. A few friends, family, and crew mates of the ship do not believe the story. Through unknown means, Ensign Valesha Sienelis, along with Commander Walter Brunsig, manages to find and contact several people with possible interest and motive for continuing the search. They clandestinely meet at Astrofori One to discuss a plan. It is decided, reluctantly, to steal a ship to continue the search. They commandeer the Luna-class starship, U.S.S. Yarahla, one of the ships of the S&R fleet that had been searching for the Gorkon.
|"Wanted, Dead or Alive"||A vicious enemy places a bounty on the Gorkon.|
|"Formal Informality, Part 2"||The crew of the Gorkon meet to discuss their plans for getting home.|
|"Plans of Action"||Various people with an interest in finding the Gorkon discuss a dangerous plan.|
Act 2 - Scavengers
Ninety-six days trapped in this reality, the Gorkon, finding itself very low on supplies, arrives at a large starship graveyard. They know the pickings will probably be small, but they have little choice. Two teams are sent to a derelict U.S.S. Galaxy and U.S.S. Okinawa, while Captain Reynolds takes another team in the Captain's yacht to explore the graveyard a little more. They don't get very far when they are impacted by an unknown object; speculations include simple debris to a cloaked Dominion probe.
The Galaxy team, led by Lt. Commander Ayiana Sevo, discovers a sealed-up section of the ship; possibly a final stand by the crew. They manage to salvage some valuable technology and food. On their return to their cargo shuttle, they find it had mysteriously been launched or floated out of the Galaxy's shuttle bay. The team manages to jury-rig the bay's old tractor emitters to pull the shuttle back in. It was never discovered exactly how the shuttle got out of the bay, nor why the section of ship was sealed up. Commander Alex Blair's Okinawa team doesn't fare as well. During their brief exploration of the ship, however, they are attacked by a Changeling; one of the last to survive the virus that killed the rest of the Founders. They manage to disable the changeling before escaping, leaving it's fate unknown.
Back in their home universe, the clandestine group miscreants board and steal the U.S.S. Yarahla from Astrofori One and escape before they can be pursued. As they make their way to the Gorkon's last known position, they pick up a distress call. Changing course to investigate, they discover it to be a heavily damaged freighter. Debate rages on the bridge if it is a genuine crisis or a potential pirate ambush.
|"Day 96"||The Gorkon arrives at a potential scavenging location.|
Act 3 - A Bad Deal
The Gorkon spends the next several months in increasingly desperate situations. They had to fight Cardassians and pirates, nearly getting destroyed a dozen times, and scavenging from abandoned bases. Too many funerals were attended; the ship sustaining more and more damage despite the crew's best efforts to patch them up. Most of the senior staff took to camping in the conference room behind the bridge when the turbolift system finally gave out for the last time.
On day two-hundred and fifty-five, Captain Reynolds has a surprising but potentially welcome meeting with two Romulans: Commander Dharvanek and an unnamed man. He offered a trade: a cloaking device for a "favor." The unnamed man's son had been captured by the Dominion and sent, along with his shuttle, to a nearly abandoned star base deep in the Menthar Corridor. If the Gorkon was able to rescue him, Dharvanek would give them a cloaking device - a much-needed tool to evade pursuit in this hostile universe.
|"The Fire in Which We Burn"||The Gorkon's existence is constantly threatened.|
|"Alis Aquilae"||A Romulan commander offers their help, for a price.|
|REV SD 239308.02|