Andorian/Food and Beverages
|Memory 118 Guide •|
Listed below are some of the better known Andorian dishes and drinks.
- Katheka is a stimulant drink that is very similar to Terran coffee.
- Srjula is a bright yellow tea that is very bitter yet tart at the same time. It is made by dissolveing orange colored leaves in hot water.
- Another Andorian tea is Talla which is made from the bark of a talla tree. It is a cheaper drink and not as popular as srjula.
- Probably the best known alcoholic drink is Andorian Ale which comes in a few different varieties. The most common is a colorful blue ale with a very high alcohol content. They also produce a yellow ale that has a nutty flavour.
- Another very popular and well known alcoholic drink is the Andorian Sunset cocktail.
- Andorian Tuber Root may be served in a variety of ways. One way is to serve it raw sliced into a salad. It is considered a staple for most Andorians and is very high in calories.
- Flat Root is usually roasted and is a brownish, orange vegetable dish.
- Fat-grass, a grain bearing plant found growing all over Andoria except in the Northern Wastes, is a highs source of protein.
- Most babies are fed mashed xixu fronds (a marine plant) once they have started to be weaned off of zhiassa, which is the milk produced by a nurseing zhen who is also called a zhavey while nursing.
- Hari is the traditional Andorian bread served with most meals.
- Another popular dish is Impararay Redbat which is made using an Andorian redbat.
- Many visitors to Andor are offered steamed Shaysha which is a barely edible orange speckled beetle like andorian insect. Many unwary newcomers to Andor have been encouraged to try them.
- Seafood of many kinds are also a staple of most Andorians diet.