|Birthplace||London, England, Earth|
“Ignis usque ad consummationem saeculi (Fire until the End)”
Amanda Wilde is a famous and successful crime holonovelist throughout the Federation. She is the mother of Regan Wilde and Roxy Wilde.
- Full Name: Amanda Wilde
- Race: Human
- Place of Birth: London, England, Earth
- Birth date: 233906.13
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: 0
- Height: 5'5"
- Weight: 82kg
- Hair Colour: Dark blonde
- Eye Colour: Grey
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Poses (Hands/Gestures, Feet/Legs, Torso/Head): She usually carries a holo-padd around with her, and specially designed holo-imaging spectacles.
- Taste in Clothing: Long and flowing blouses over a tank top or shirt. Black pants and nice shoes.
- Voice: Light and airy.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: She occupies a large room in the west wing of Wilde Manor.
- Favourite Room: The holodeck
- Habits: Calls everyone 'darling' or 'sweety'.
- Mannerisms: Light and bouncy, she tends to be less atune to the comings and goings of the real world and focuses more on her work.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None
- Hobbies and Pastimes:
- Likes: Music, wine, horses, dancing.
- Ambitions and Goals: With a viewership of over 117 billion, she accredits herself as the '24th Century Agatha Christie' in terms of crime holo-novels.
- Achievements in Life: Her many accolades for her work.
- Disappointments in Life: Both of her children picking careers in Starfleet over choosing something they're passionate about.
- Temperament: Easy going and bright, she's fun to be around. She's considered a bit of an 'oddball' though.
- Marital Status: Single
- Ex-Husband: Marcus Wilde
- Children: Regan Wilde & Roxy Wilde
- Father: Benjamin Palmer
- Mother: Claudia Palmer
- Siblings: James Palmer
Amanda comes from a modern 24th century family but adores the simple lifestyle of a bygone age. She is aware of the world she lives in, but uses her writers imagination to create stunningly accurate holonovels depicting centuries past. She loves history, art, music and all the associations of a quaint life. When she was growing up, rather than accept help from anyone, she took a job at an authentic 20th century tea-room - The Cafe Bonbon - where she fell in love with the ancient ways. It was there she met well-to-do Marcus Wilde and they engaged in a whirlwind romance and even quicker marriage. Their differences though - his adoration of Starfleet and her care-free spirit - ultimately tore them apart. She wasn't used to the high-class fine living the Wilde family provided her, but it was a useful base for her work, and so she stayed at Wilde Manor and still resides there now.
She insisted her children not fall prey to the ultra modern trappings of Federation life and tried to keep them grounded and normal while growing up. She is described as having a lovable 'bird like' quality to her, as she's always twittering on about one thing or another, or not focusing on anything relevant at the time.
She is a 24th century Grande Dame of holonovels, and she specializes in crime fiction. She has a viewership of 117 million Federation-wide and is proud of the mantle '24th Century Agatha Christie', even though she mostly calls herself it. Nevertheless she is good at what she does. She always carries around a holo-programming PADD, which can scan any object and transfer its dimensions to the holodeck, as well as a specially designed pair of spectacles which can also capture images and offer holo-programming support. She see's inspiration all around her and often starts a conversation rather clumsily with 'Are you sure you haven't thought about being murdered, darling?'
Amanda's next big feature - From Cardassia, With Love - is set for release in the summer of 2398.
Some of Amanda's more famous work include holo-titles such as:
- The Azure Nebula Affair
- Secrets of the Seventh House
- Risian Love Songs
- Death on the Thames
- Caitians Among The Pigeons
- The Pale Targ
- Death Becomes Her