Albion Mission types
Missions for the USS Albion are exciting and varied stories evolve. Some of which could include: -
• Federation Policy and Diplomacy: An Excelsior class starship can be used as an envoy during deep-space operations.
• Emergency/Search and Rescue: Typical Missions include answering standard Federation emergency beacons, extraction of Federation or Non-Federation citizens in distress, retrieval of Federation or Non-Federation spacecraft in distress, small-scale planetary evacuation - medium or large scale planetary evacuation is not feasible.
• Deep-space Exploration: The Excelsior class is equipped for long-range interstellar survey and mapping missions, as well as the ability to explore a wide variety of planetary classifications.
• Contact with Alien Lifeforms: Pursuant to Starfleet Policy regarding the discovery of new life, facilities aboard the Excelsior class include a variety of exobiology and xenobiological suites, and a small cultural anthropology staff, allowing for limited deep-space life form study and interaction.
• Ongoing Scientific Investigation: An Excelsior class starship is equipped with scientific laboratories and a wide variety of sensor probes and sensor arrays, giving her the ability to perform a wide variety of ongoing scientific investigations.
• Tactical/Defensive Operations: Typical Missions include patrolling the Tholian Border, Cardassian Occupation zones, Borg interdiction missions, or protecting any Federation interest from hostile intent in planetary or interstellar conflicts.