|Starbase 118 Ops|
|Position||Chief Intelligence Officer/2O|
“The truth is rarely pure and never simple.”
- Height: 5'8"
- Weight: 128 pounds
- Hair: Black
- Eyes: Black
- Build: Lean
- Telepathic Status: T3/E6
- Languages Spoken:
- Native: Betazoid, Vulcan.
- Fluent: Federation Standard, Orion.
- Conversational: Risian.
- Aitas is also familiar with basic greetings and expletives in a variety of languages, including Klingon and El-Aurian.
- 2366: Born on Betazed
- 2366-2374: Early life split between time on Betazed and traveling with her father for his research.
- 2374: Aitas' mother is killed during Dominion attack on Betazed. Aitas and her father were away traveling.
- 2374: Attempting to flee the chaos of the Dominion War, Aitas and her father leave Federation space and are captured by slavers operating out of Orion space.
- 2375: Sakon and Aitas are separated.
- 2378: Aitas is sold to the traveling author Jakarn. He ensures she is officially freed before they return to Federation space.
- 2378: After some months of searching, Jakarn is able to contact Aitas' maternal grandparents who agree to take in their only grandchild.
- 2385-2389: Aitas chooses to spend some time assisting Jakarn on his travels. He instructs her on matters of diplomacy, espionage, and mixed drinks, along with encouraging her curiosity about Starfleet.
- 2389-2393: Aitas enrolls in and attends Starfleet Academy
- 2393: Graduates Starfleet Academy with a Major in Intelligence and a Minor in Communications/Operations.
- 239307.28: Assigned to Starbase 118 Ops
- 239311.04: Aitas is promoted to Lieutenant JG and to Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer.
- 239403.16: Aitas is promoted to Lieutenant and to Chief Intelligence Officer.
- 239408.13: Aitas is promoted to the rank of Lt. Commander.
Aitas has black eyes and hair, her pale skin tinged slightly green from her Vulcan blood. The pointed tips of her ears are often hidden behind her long hair, which she tends to wear loose. Off-duty she tends to dress well, favoring ornately patterned clothing in black, white, and jewel tones. At times she'll wear some small pieces of silver jewelry, mostly simple earrings and the occasional ring.
In warmer areas of the station such as her home she tends to favor loose, delicate clothing accented with additional jewelry. Elsewhere, she tends to wear jackets, gloves, and warmer styles; the temperatures for non-Vulcans are too cool for her tastes.
Aitas is a master of editing what parts of herself she shows depending on the situation a habit learned both as a way of fitting in despite being of mixed heritage and as a survival technique in her later experiences. Because of her past as a slave she tends toward being nervous around authority figures, while at the same time she strives to do everything she can to present herself in a way that ensures that she does not disappoint the same people for fear of punishment. Because she is so adept at masking her feelings and finds the sympathy of others unpleasant when it comes to her past, she has also become proficient at pretending that she is fine-which has made it more difficult for her to actually address her issues. She also has a notable tendency to downplay her skills and experience in most cases, as ultimately she finds it safer to be underestimated.
She also has an interest in traditional Vulcan meditation practices and this helps keep her mind keen and alert, along with helping to tamp down some of her negative emotions. These practices also help her to feel connected to her Vulcan heritage, as she has had far more experience with her mother's Betazoid culture-and the ways in which her telepathic abilities can't live up to it.
||Aurelio Sakon Igre|
Aitas and Antero Flynn's infant son, who was born in mid-April 2395. He's named after Antero's missing brother and Aitas' father, and largely takes after Antero in appearance.
A Vulcan Xenobiologist with a particular interest in large predators. He met Aitas' mother while studying the creatures of Betazed's jungles.
Sakon often took Aitas with him on his research expeditions, and had a habit of buying her stuffed animals from wherever they visited.
He was captured by a group of Orion slavers in 2374, and separated from Aitas in early 2375. Aitas finally found him enslaved at a mining colony in 2394, and is trying to make sense of their relationship after so long apart. Sakon is currently undergoing therapy on Vulcan, but plans to return to the Starbase early in 2395 so that he can be there for the birth of his grandson.
Jissela was a Betazoid martial arts instructor, specializing in the fighting style of Tassa’Akai. She met Sakon while serving as a guard on his expedition to Betazed's jungles. Jissela rarely traveled and was killed on Betazed during the Dominion attack on the planet in 2374.
Jissela's mother and the current family head, Meassi's relationship with Aitas has been strained at times. She once worked as a martial arts instructor, but is currently retired. She has a strong interest in arranging a proper marriage for her only grandchild.
A gentler sort than his wife, Ashlah tended to spoil Aitas when she was a child, even once sneaking her a taste of Jalara Fire. At one point he suffered from Zanthi Fever, a condition that brought his fears from the Dominion War to the surface. While currently retired, he previously worked in the field of Anthropology.
The man who rescued Aitas from slavery in her youth, Jakarn is an El-Aurian author with a background in espionage and diplomacy. Aitas spent several years serving as his aide before she enrolled in Starfleet Academy, and the two still keep in touch. Fictionalized versions of Aitas have also appeared in several of Jakarn's books.
One of Aitas' few friends from her time in the Academy, and one whom she's kept in touch with since their respective graduations. He is currently assigned as a Tactical Officer to the USS Constitution-B.
Aitas' impression of her CO thus far is quite positive. She was surprised that he personally greeted her upon her assignment to the station, and that he shares her interest in various meditation practices; she also found his performance and composure on her first mission most admiral. She just hopes her grandparents never meet him.
CO of the USS Columbia
Aitas and Theo became friends during Theo's tenure as the XO of Ops, often meeting for off-duty meditation in the Ashalla district of Starbase 118. While Theo jeopardized their friendship during his abrupt departure from the station, they were eventually able to patch matters up and Aitas attended his ceremony for promotion to Captain in 2935.
Chief Helm Officer
Aitas and Flynn quickly became involved with each other after he saved her life during Dig Two Graves, a relationship that led to the Risian assisting Aitas through her Pon Farr in early 2394. While that itself was a bonding experience, the discovery soon after that it's left Aitas pregnant has quite complicated things between the two of them.
Ishani Kasun is the daughter of Jakarn, Aitas' former mentor. While their interactions thus far have been cordial, they've largely been professional or centered around a mutual concern for Taelon's well-being, and thus Aitas isn't quite sure what to make of the Security Officer as of yet.
Taelon is another of Jakarn's many children. Aitas has promised to look out for the El-Aurian scientist's well-being, though that's beginning to seem a more intensive task than she first expected. She plans to start with ensuring he eats something other than coffee.
Aitas as a bartender at The Playhouse.
Aitas as Sultra Drax.
Beachwear for a crew event at Cabo Breeze.
|Cadet First Class||239307.27||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Intelligence Major|
|Ensign||239307.28 - 239311.04||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Columbia||Intelligence Officer|
|Lieutenant JG||239311.04 - 239403.16||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Columbia||Assistant Chief Intelligence Officer|
|Lieutenant||239403.16 - 239408.13||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Columbia||Chief Intelligence Officer|
|Lt. Commander||239408.13 - 239504.07||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Columbia||Chief Intelligence Officer|
|Lt. Commander||239504.07 - Present||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Narendra||Chief Intelligence Officer/Second Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Dig Two Graves - The USS Albion is assigned to aid in defeating former Starfleet Captain Haz Arrhimen, a situation complicated by Commodore Kinney's hostility toward the Ops crew.
- Rendezvous at Raskor - A confrontation with Commodore Kinney turns complicated due to an assassination attempt and corruption within Starfleet on Raskor I.
- Terminal Velocity - With Ops assigned to identify the source of faulty ship parts, Aitas goes undercover as the criminal Metan Visel during a dramatic race in the criminal underworld.
- Edge of Glory - An unusual storm results in the station's evacuation, providing the perfect opportunity for Chennel's attempt to wrest away Starbase 118.
- One Last Gasp - When some of Chennel's surviving minions escape with members of the Ops Staff as prisoners, it leads to the discovery of Aitas' father on an Orion mining facility as the crew attempts a rescue.
- Cruising for a Bruisin' - A formal evening dinner aboard a docked cruise liner is interrupted by a series of murders.
- More Coffee, More Problems - 239308.04 Checking in on LtJG Taelon for a friend results in worry.
- Simple Biology - 239308.07 A routine medical exam prompts an awkward discussion of Vulcan biology.
- Plomeek and Plushies - 239308.08 A discussion with Captain Taybrim brings up more pleasant memories from Aitas' past.
- How bad could it be? 239403.11 Aitas and Antero Flynn discuss her upcoming Pon Farr.
- A little bird told me 239403.16 An old friend calls to check up on Aitas during a difficult time.
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History