|Birthplace||Cambridge, Massachusetts, Earth|
Addison MacKenzie, M.D., Ph.D., FASFS is the Chief Medical Officer of the USS Thor. Born in Cambridge, Massachusetts (Earth), Addison is one of the leading specialists in Microsurgery in Starfleet. A non-traditional officer, MacKenzie was educated at some of Earth's finest institutions, earning degrees in sociology, anthropology, and epidemiology, and completed a medical fellowship in microsurgery after attending Starfleet Academy, thus resulting in a slight delay in her commission. It is her hope to one day become Chief of Surgery at Starfleet Medical.
- 1 Stats
- 2 Service Record
- 3 Family
- 4 Family
- 5 Education
- 6 Publications
- 7 News
- 8 Personal History
- 9 USS Veritas
- 10 Embassy of Duronis II
- 11 USS Thor
- 12 Background
- 13 Relationships
- 14 Awards & Service Ribbons
- 15 Important Sims
- 16 Player Achievements
- 17 Image Gallery
- Full name: Addison Katherine MacKenzie
- Date of birth (Age): 236504.04 (31)
- Serial Number: OM - 812 - 987
- Species: Human
- Gender: Female
- Height: 5'9"
- Weight: 135 lbs.
- Hair color: Red
- Eye color: Blue
- Handedness: Right
|Starfleet Service Record
- 2383-2386: Harvard University - Bachelor's Degree in Sociology and Anthropology
- 2386-2390: Johns Hopkins University - PhD in Epidemiology
- 2390-2394: Starfleet Medical Academy - Doctor of Medicine
- 2394-2396: New York University - Fellowship in Microsurgery
- MacKenzie, A., Teller, G. Alternate Control Technology Methodologies for Cybernetic Prosthesis. SFMJ, 2396; 323 (3).
- Romulan Warbird Discovered During a Rescue Attempt - Addison is taken hostage during an asssassination attempt on Rear Admiral Turner.
- Fashion designer killed in bombing at Paris Fashion Show - Addison is present during the Paris bombing of 2396.
- Lower Decks Interview - Addison is interviewed by German Galven.
Early Years (2365-2383)
Addison MacKenzie was born in the spring of 2365 to Kenneth (an architect) and Priscilla (an anthropologist) MacKenzie in Cambridge, Mass. (Earth). The middle of three children, Addison's early years were searching for ways to stand out. Her brother, Ryan, was the oldest (and the only boy), and her sister Amelia was the baby - all did relatively well in school, and all had varying degrees of interest in the sciences. From a young age, Addison was studious and took her academic responsibilities seriously. As she grew up and her scholastic interests became more defined, so too did the weight with which she approached her studies.
Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees (2383-2390)
Starfleet Medical Academy (2390-2394)
Microsurgery Fellowship (2394-2396)
- Stardate 239603 - 239605
Addison MacKenzie joins the crew of the Veritas just in time for her first mission. The USS Veritas along with an escort from Task Force 105, the Steamrunner class USS Solaris, were ordered to the Menthar Corridor to investigate why the Vesta class USS Endurance suddenly lost sensor contact with all Tholian ships, and a field of tetryon radiation enveloped the system. Upon arriving, both ships were fired on by Tholian ships, resulting in the destruction of the Solaris.
Doctors MacKenzie and del Vedova set up a triage center to accommodate wounded Veritas and Solaris crew members, and MacKenzie assisted in analyzing wreckage picked up in the debris field. Her analysis concluded that pieces of the various ships had been "stitched" together and were being controlled by an alien defense system known as Sentinel. At the same time, Veritas encountered a badly damaged Tholian vessel, who claimed to be attacked by a Starfleet vessel identical to the Veritas. Later, the crew learned the attacker was the USS Minerva, a Veritas-class vessel lost during the Battle of Astrofori One late last year, which, like the Tholian drone vessels, was also under the control of Sentinel.
After the battle, the crew identified a connection between Sentinel and Menthar ruins on a nearby planet. MacKenzie was dispatched as part of an away team to investigate while Starfleet and Tholian crew members attempted to liberate several ships from Sentinel's control to provide fire support for Veritas, which had once again come under heavy attack by Sentinel's drones, including the Solaris and the Minerva. While on the planet, MacKenzie was responsible for providing emergency aid to Lieutenant Solak, who sustained injuries from a disruptor blast. Seeing no other choice, Captain Rahman on the Veritas made a decision to destroy the ruins, ultimately disabling Sentinel.
- Stardate 239605 - 239606
Addison meets Ghant Xerix on the USS Veritas after he was reassigned as the ship's helm officer and began a romantic relationship shortly thereafter. Their first date together coincided with the Paris bombing of 2396. Following the death of Xerix's cousin Choupette, MacKenzie and several crew members accompanied Xerix to Betazed to attend the funeral.
On the return trip from Betazed, the group was ambushed by members of the Maquis Reborn, who claimed responsibility for the bombing in Paris. During their escape attempt, Xerix became seriously injured, suffering a severe cerebral hemorrhage. Following the group's rescue by the USS Fesoan, Addison scrubbed in and performed emergency surgery, saving Xerix's life.
- Stardate 239606 - 239608
Veritas investigates the murder of Commander Armin Illanos, a Starfleet officer on Ketar V, where tensions have been rising between the growing Romulan refugee population and the original Federation settlers of the colony. MacKenzie and Chief Medical Officer del Vedova completed a forensic examination of Illanos' corpse and the crime scene while other members of the crew questioned key employees of the Livernois shipyard, where Illanos served as Starfleet liaison.
Later, MacKenzie was assigned to an away team responsible for rendering aid to a large apartment complex fire. Addison was responsible for providing on-site medical attention and coordinating triage arrangements. While assisting some of the refugees, it was discovered that some of them had come in contact with Felicium. This finding later helped uncover Commander Illanos' involvement in an illegal trafficking operation.
- Stardate 239608 - 239609
Addison participated in the 'Tour de Ketar V Pub Crawl.' The crawl, organized by Assistant Chief Engineer Wil Ukinix, featured five stops including Welder's Diner, The Settler's Arms Pub, The Singing Shoals Karaoke Lounge, The Explosive Decompression Bar, and The Republic Arms Plate & Pint.
Addison completed her first journal publication in the Starfleet Medical Journal along with co-author Geoffrey Teller, Chief Engineer of the Veritas.
Apparently suffering from a severe migraine, Lt. Cmdr. Sky Blake makes her way to sickbay on unsteady legs and all but collapses onto a biobed. When Doctor Addison MacKenzie examines her, she discovers the problem is far more serious than a simple headache and enlists the aid of Chief Engineer Geoffrey Teller. Exotic metaphasic particles, used years before in an unorthodox and highly illegal medical procedure, have begun to break down within Blake's spine, threatening her life. Working in tandem, MacKenzie & Teller are able to stabilize Blake's condition but the prognosis is grim and the situation is complicated further when they discover that all the files related to the original procedure have been classified. A difficult conversation with the Captain leads them both to pursue new avenues of research and, in the case of Teller, to create a modified EMHMKVI to help them discover a treatment for Blake before time runs out.
Lt. G'var, Wil Ukinix enlists the aid of Geoffrey Teller & Addison MacKenzie to conduct a Klingon Rite of Ascension ceremony in the ships holodeck. Lt. G'var is moved by the gesture and, although she had already undergone the ritual as a child under the cruel gaze of hateful parents, she chose to rededicate herself to her newfound family aboard the Veritas.lt.
- Stardate 239609 - 239612
Addison is assigned to the USS Diligent as Acting Chief Medical Officer. Tasked with getting the vessel spaceworthy, the skeleton crew spent several weeks making improvements to the ship before needing to move it from the shipyards to prevent damage from an incoming solar storm.
After successfully weathering the storm, Commander Delano left the Diligent to return back to the Livernois Shipyards, leaving Geoffrey Teller in command. He then promoted Addison to Acting First Officer.
Upon the discovery that the USS Veritas had entered a pocket of subspace referred to as The Void, the Diligent entered the Void with a plan to rescue the Veritas. While the Veritas drifted powerless due to the effects of the wisps (entities native to the Void), Addison led an away team to render aid and, in the process, discovered information that proved vital to rescuing both vessels.
The Til'ahn Gambit
- Stardate 239701 - 239703
Just a day after arriving on the Embassy with Lieutenant Commander Geoffrey Teller, the shuttle carrying Commanders Teller, MacKenzie, Pandorn, Lieutenant Garcia and Ensign Wilkins was shot down in an assassination attempt against Rear Admiral Toni Turner as the Embassy crew embarked on a tour of Til'ahn. While tending to the injuries of her colleagues, MacKenzie was captured and taken hostage by the two Romulans, Sojot and V'Tak, responsible for the assassination attempt. She was beaten, shot and interrogated in the cave where the Romulans were hiding until eventually, they received a transmission from a would-be Romulan extraction team. At the end of the message was a secret message from Teller in the form of a sea shanty, suggesting that help was on the way.
After receiving the message, MacKenzie appealed to Sojot, the more rational of the two, and convinced them to rendezvous with their would-be extraction team. As the trio walked through the forest, they were intercepted by a large feline animal, who attacked V'Tak. Sojot and MacKenzie escaped and made it to the rendezvous coordinates, where they were met by a marine rescue squad. At MacKenzie's instruction, they took Sojot prisoner and returned to the Embassy, where MacKenzie received treatment for her injuries.
- Stardate 239704 - 239706
The USS Thor responded to a lost colony world in the Menthar Corridor known as Vel Maijan, thought to have disappeared from existence in 2159. In an attempt to discover what happened to the world and the original colonists, Commander MacKenzie took a team to the surface for the purpose of scientific and medical exploration, only to find that the planet was growing increasingly unstable, like to shift back out of space-time as it had previously.
Upon this discovery, Commander MacKenzie recommended all Starfleet personnel be recalled back to the Thor. When learning that Commander Teller's team had located nearly two hundred survivors, a mass evacuation was planned. MacKenzie oversaw the physical health and onboarding of their new passengers, ensuring that they were properly evaluated and quarantined before joining the ship's population, per Starfleet Medical protocols.
- Strengths: Steadfast and determined
- Weaknesses: Sometimes blinded by own pride
- Ambitions: Hopes to one day be the Chief of Surgery at Starfleet Medical
- Hobbies/Interests: Horticulture, cooking, extreme sports, performing arts (plays the oboe), exploring unique cuisine, spending time with family
- Dislikes: Addison has always been a highly motivated and ambitious individual. Performing well academically, she has always been a "by the book" person, but has needed to come up with creative solutions due to her specialty in microsurgery. As a way of releasing stress, she has been known to engage in extreme sports and dangerous recreational activities.
- Geoffrey Teller and Addison met on the USS Veritas in 2396 after she was assigned as one of the ship's medical officers. Since then, they have developed a close working relationship together, including co-authoring an article in the Starfleet Medical Journals. They have worked together on several medical prosthetic operations, and when Teller assumed command of the USS Diligent, he appointed Addison as his first officer.
- Ghant Xerix and Addison met on the USS Veritas in 2396 after he was reassigned as the ship's helm officer and began a romantic relationship shortly thereafter. Their first date together coincided with the Paris bombing of 2396. The relationship continued to grow but after Xerix's decision to transfer to the Gorkon the two made a mutual decision to break up due to the distance between them.
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- May the Road Rise to Meet You - (239701.26 | Commanders Addison MacKenzie and Geoffrey Teller depart the USS Veritas after being assigned to Duronis II Embassy.
- Keep Your Eyes on the Stars, and Your Feet on the Ground - (239610.25 | Addison is unexpectedly promoted to Acting First Officer of the USS Diligent.)
- Medals, Unexpected - (239606.14 | Addison receives the Silver Lifesaving Ribbon, Maquis Reborn Service Medal and the Joint Meritorious Service Award.)
- Movin' on Up - (239605.31 | Addison is promoted to Lieutenant JG.)
- Paging Doctor MacKenzie - (239605.29 | Addison performs surgery on and saves the life of Ghant Xerix, for which Addison later earns the Silver Lifesaving Ribbon.)
- Terror - (239605.29 | Addison and company have an engagement with the Maquis Reborn, for which Addison later earns the Maquis Reborn Service Medal.)
- Feel the Burn - (239602.26 | Addison responds to her first medical emergency.)
- The Age of Anxiety - (239602.20 | Addison arrives on the Veritas.)
|NPC Listing · USS Thor Crew Manifest · Crew History