This section has been shut down due to inactivity. To see details as to why, visit the talk page. Otherwise, please avoid adding new featured article candidates and editing this page in any major fashion. Any edits will be reverted unless they are minor.
A featured article exemplifies our very best work and features high standards of writing and presentation. The content of a featured article should be of a standard where it can be held up as an example for people trying to develop other articles of a similar theme. It should have the following attributes:
- It is well-written, comprehensive and accurate.
- It has images and other media where they are appropriate to the subject, with succinct captions.
- It includes links to other articles where appropriate.
- It is of appropriate length, staying focused on the main topic without going into unnecessary detail.
- Please place each candidate article title as a linked level 3 header (like ===[[this]]===) below this italicised instruction text. The newest candidate is to be placed nearest the top. Please add Support, Oppose or Comment in bold in front of your first constructive comment in reply to an article name and stamp each comment with 4 tildes ~~~~. If you wish to switch your opinion, strikethrough your previous stance (by surrounding with <s> and </s>
like this) and post your new stance before your comment.
Support as nominator: Mostly just to add to the discussion pool, since it seems pretty thin right now. Anyway, it's fairly well-organized, with sub-pages to catch additional info, and gives insight into the character without being overly cumbersome. However, I am somewhat biased. whale 14:08, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
Support as nominator: Comprehensive overview of the character with great level of detail regarding past and present. Might benefit from sub-pages (i.e. the family tree), but covers most if not all important aspects of Riley's life and personality. whale 14:04, 9 May 2010 (UTC)
Support as Nominator: Similar to the Aenar below, but this is an excellent example of a more in-depth species writeup. The layout is very good and well divided supported by good, relevant images. The way the article is broken down allows the reader to have a quick look at Andorians or really investigate them in depth. there is a wealth of information available without is being overwhelming. Hutch 14:39, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- Comment: Great page, but it is much too lengthy. Some parts of the page should be split into subpages and it would receive my support. :) Lance 07:14, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
- Support: Worked on this great wealth of information to spilt it down into subpages. Also included a navigation bar at the bottom for easier navigation through the subpages. Simply for the amount of information gathered here from all sources, its got my support. Ki 21:17, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
Support as Nominator: I think this is an excellent example of a Species writeup. It gives you all the data needed to be able to use them as well as visual images to support the article itself. Canreb 19:04, 31 October 2009 (EDT)
Support: It is a very concise species page considering they're a fairly minor species. Everything you need in one place, good descriptions and very informative. Layout is a good example of a 'standard' layout although there is a large gap between two of the sections which could do with tightening. Hutch 14:34, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- Comment: A well written article, however, I am curious about where much of the data came from. Mainly, the homeworld information. Is it canon? And if not, where has it been simmed as such? Lance 07:16, 15 January 2010 (UTC)
Support as Nominator: This seems to have been a bit quiet of late so I thought I'd nominate another article and have a read of the others. Quinn's profile is another fine example of a character bio. It shows the potential of the 118wiki, how far you can expand your character history if you want. It has a good layout, too, spread over a few pages that don't overwhelm the reader with too much info at once. Hutch 12:42, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- Support: I agree. This is a great example of a character page. I especially like the pictures that are throughout her page. Flows well. Alana 13:22, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- Support: I like this character page, its got just the right amount of detail to it and it flows smoothly throughout.--Danielwood7 05:26, 2 September 2009 (EDT)
- Comment: A wonderfully written article for sure, but the nav at the center of the page is overpowering, if not distracting. Perhaps a reduction of size and it would have my support. Lance 13:35, 1 October 2009 (EDT)
- Comment: Well... I actually do like my nav the way it is and I have no intention of changing it any time soon. Since I've been sat on the FA Candidate's list for nearly a year now, I would appreciate it if people could come to a decision either way. :o) --Quinn /talk page 00:58, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- Comment: I have to agree with Quinn here, she has three support votes, more than anyother article, a decision should've been made.--Danielwood7 22:36, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
- Comment: The page has already been submitted to discussion. Sorry this has taken so long, we will hopefully give you a response soon, as well as to all the other articles up for review at this time. Lance 22:42, 11 December 2009 (UTC)
Support as Nominator: A wonderfully in-depth and thoughtful article about a band on the periphery of simming. Ethan may have just made them up, but if you read this article, you'd never know it. If we can create articles like this about a band that showed up at an inter-ship celebration one night, just think of the kind of insightful and enlightening articles we could create about characters and things we sim about every day! Great Job, Ethan! -Lt. Kolk 17:14, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
Probably should be a page on it's own rather than a sub-page.Good level of detail but needs to be copy-edited for typos, overuse of bold text & things like inter-wiki links. Just added a category and changed another. Not far off at the moment though. - Lt Cmdr. SalakTalk 17:22, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
- Comment: Agreed -- all the bolding needs to go. Add a list at the bottom for the members, as well. :) --Wolf /talk page 01:07, 16 December 2008 (EST)
- Comment: Likewise. I really like the article & think it's fun. No problem with the wiki links but the bold type all over the place does jar a bit. Hutch 12:54, 17 January 2009 (EST)
- This section is for the re-evalution of existing Featured Articles, in the event that an existing Featured Article is felt to fall below the expected standards. Please use constructive comments to suggest improvements to articles listed here. An article that fails a Review will lose its Featured Status. An article can not fail unless there is a majority of two supporting demotion. As retention is preferred to removal, please change your vote if the article has improved sufficiently.
- Please place each article title as a linked level 3 header (like ===[[this]]===) below this italicised instruction text. The newest discussion is to be placed nearest the top. Please add Retain, Demote or Comment in bold in front of your first constructive comment in reply to an article name and stamp each comment with 4 tildes ~~~~. If you wish to switch your opinion, strikethrough your previous stance (by surrounding with <s> and </s>
like this) and post your new stance before your comment.
- As with Featured Article Candidates, A Review listing will be closed after one month if a clear consensus has not been met. Articles nominated for review should not be withdrawn from the process except by an Admin in the event of a consensus.
- Upon promotion of an article to Featured, its discussion will be moved to a subpage of the articles talk page. The star will be added, automatically adding it to the Featured Article category, and it shall be listed here with the date of its promotion to Featured status.
- Karawati - Promoted (3-0) 8th April 2008 by User:Salak
- StarBase 118 - Promoted (2-0) 15th April 2008 by User:Salak
- Kolk, Jackford - Promoted (4-0) 27th April 2008 by User:Salak
- Ventu, Lily - Promoted (4-0) 5th May 2008 by User:Salak
- Betazoid - Promoted (3-0) 20th May 2008 by User:Salak
- Ehlanii, Karynn - Promoted (3-0) 27th May 2008 by User:Salak
- Geeva Kalpana - Promoted (3-0) 3rd June 2008 by User:Salak
- Devar, Arista - Promoted (5-0) 1st July 2008 by User:Salak
- Ithassa Region - Promoted (3-0) 9th August 2008 by User:Salak
- Wood, Daniel - Promoted (3-0) 26th January 2009 by User:Salak
- Previous ships called Independence - Promoted (2-0) 26th January 2009 by User:Lance