(Redirected from Livingston, Benjamin)
Commander Ben Livingston, a Terran, is currently Commanding Officer of USS Columbia.
- Full Name: Benjamin Harold Livingston
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: 236004.21
- Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts, Earth
- Age: 31
- Gender: Male
- Height: 1.7 m (5'7")
- Weight: 64 kg (141 lbs)
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short
- Eye Color: Brown
- Skin Tone: Light
- Birthmarks, Scars:
- Build: Compact
- Face: Slightly gaunt
- Carriage: Stiff (on duty), slouched (alone or off duty.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Relaxed and loose-fitting.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Spartan, neat
- Favorite Room: Personal Quarters (alone, reading).
- Mannerisms: Often paces and crosses arms across chest. When aware that he is stressed, will take a moment for a long, deep breath.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: General belief in a connection between living things (most likely everything) on some higher level. The universe as a grand "experiment" or "experience."
- Hobbies and Pastimes: "Primitive" technology, the process of innovation, reading, early Earth warfare, tactics.
- Likes: Learning, tea, simulations of scenarios (whether likely or impossible).
- Ambitions and Goals: Design a starship to be built and commissioned for Starfleet. Design the perfect mug.
- Achievements in Life:
- Disappointments in Life:
- Temperment: Generally even keeled. Approaching long anticipated events of great magnitude, can get anxious.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): Suffered a concussion while making repairs to the freighter 'Astrolabe' aboard Starbase 118. He experienced a degree of memory loss.
- Physical Limitations: Experiences occasional headaches and vertigo related to the 'Astrolabe' event.
- Marital Status: Single
- Father: Harold Livingston
- Mother: Jessica Moore Livingston
- Siblings: John William Livingston
Personal and Professional Relationships
- Hector Adler: One of Ben's first challenges as a science officer was Chief Petty Officer Hector Adler, a mainstay in the Starbase 118 Science department. Years of experience in the department led to tension when Hector saw in Ben a young upstart who would try to change the balance of power within the department. After serving together to rid the station of "Shadows", the relationship became more amicable, but a twinge of antagonism remains. To Ben, it's an opportunity to develop leadership. To Hector, it's an annoyance.
- Kevin Breeman: Ben has begun to see Kevin Breeman as something of a mentor. Ben's passion has always been engineering, and while a science officer, Kevin's experience in starship engineering provides a natural well of knowledge for Ben to tap. There are subtle similarities to their personalities that interest Ben, who hopes that the two of them will be able to continue to work closely. Kevin helped to facilitate Ben's transfer to Engineering.
- Katy Orman: Ben's first impression of Katy, before learning of her Orion heritage was that she was ill -- promptly confirmed by Katy vomiting (although the two observations were unrelated). Katy and Ben shared an aversion to the way the shadows that infiltrated the Starbase were dealt with, and Katy welcomed Ben as a new officer and helped Ben become accustomed to the less formal relationships between officers than Ben had learned to expect at Stafleet Academy.
- Brooke Harphus: Harphus was a colleague and friend of Ben's during his time as Assistant Chief Engineer in Ops and aboard USS Excalibur-A. As a Petty Officer in the Engineering organization, Brooke was in constant communication with Ben, often carrying out the orders and keeping things running when Ben's attention was called elsewhere. Ben's trust in the man's handling of the power systems engineering teams meant that whatever he needed done, he could count on Brooke carrying things through.
- Chelsea Ames: While aboard Astrolabe for repairs, Ben had an interaction with Crewman Ames that resulted in what Chelsea saw an a mutual attraction between them. Ben has no memory of the event.
- 236004.21: Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Earth
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238906.24
- Major: Engineering
- Minors: Security, ComOps
- Current Rank: Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Columbia
- Current Duty Post: Commanding Officer
- 236004.21: Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Earth
- 238906.24: Graduated Starfleet Academy
- 238906.24: Promoted to Ensign
- 238906.24: Assigned to duty post Science Officer, Starbase 118 Ops
- 238908.27: Assigned to duty post Assistant Chief Engineer, Starbase 118 Ops
- 238912.09: Promoted to Lieutenant, Junior Grade
- 238912.09: Awarded Service Ribbons:Joint Meritorious Service Award, Klingon Invasion Ribbon, Purple Heart
- 238912.22: Awarded:Russ Bar, Nebula Bar
- 238912.31: Awarded:Phoenix Award
- 239004.23: Promoted to Lieutenant
- 239008.03: Assigned to duty post Assistant Chief Engineer, USS Excalibur-A
- 239011.07: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
- 239012.08: Awarded Service Ribbons: Gateway Ribbon
- 239012.21: Assigned to First Officer, USS Excalibur-A
- 239012.23: Awarded: Neelix Award, TOSMA
- 239107.12: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander
- 239107.12: Assigned to Commanding Officer, USS Columbia
Missions on Starbase 118: Operations
- Mask of Sanity: It was no small task to identify and contain the "shadows" that found their way from a docked starship onto Starbase 118. Ben Livingston directed science teams in preventing the shadows from further infiltrating the station and eventually bringing the creatures in-phase to be dealt with by Security and Command.
- A Matter of Honor: When it became clear that conflict with Klingons was inevitable, possibly culminating in an attack on the Starbase, Livingston assisted with planning and enacting defensive measures. Once aboard the starship USS Victory, Livingston led the Engineering department during Commander Breeman's absence.Preparations were made to the ship, including to a faulty Bussard Collector, but Livingston was injured while making repairs as the first blows were exchanged. Ben continued to assist as best as possible from Sickbay.
- The Odyssey Project
- Cash On Delivery: During the course of the mission, Ben led a crew in repairing the independent freighter Astrolabe -- despite his misgivings on the matter. It was while he was aboard the ship that it experienced a malfunction leading to a small explosion. As a result, Ben experienced a severe concussion and lost all memory of his work there.
Missions on USS Excalibur-A
- Pythia's Tale: Traveling to Agurtha, Ben participated in the discovery of an Iconian gateway, technology that allowed unwitting Tempestians to visit the Romulan world.
- Strange New Worlds
Awards & Commendations
|Joint Meritorious Service||238912.09||Starbase 118 Ops|
|Klingon Invasion Ribbon|
|Gateway Ribbon||239012.08||USS Excalibur-A|
|The Order of Starfleet Merit and Achievement First Class (TOSMA)|