|Position||Chief Engineering Officer|
|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Birthplace||Derby, England, Earth|
Ensign Laura Baxter is currently serving as an Chief Engineering Officer aboard the USS Za.
- Height: 5'6
- Hair: Brown
- Eyes: Brown
Laura can seem young for her age, she has always been described as "a late bloomer". She likes to push herself, sometimes to hard causing her to burn out.
- Hobbies: Hiking, Snowboarding, growing plants (with limited success)
- Likes: New technology, Puzzles
- Phobias: Medical centres, blood
- Achievements: Graduating Starfleet academy
- Temperament: Determined, but can lead to frustration. Can be under confident.
- Office: Large painting a solar system on one wall (it is meant to inspire as there are no windows in engineering) and a large potted plant in one corner that has a tendency to wither as Laura forgets to water it.
- Quarters: Separate living and sleeping areas and on Deck 4 with other senior staff quarters. As well as standard starfleet furniture they contain a couple of paintings of nebulas. Pictures of home, family and friends and a few holiday trinkets on desks, tables. Another a large potted plant as well as several pot containing seeds.
- Mother: Chloe Elizabeth Baxter
- Father: Michael Ian Baxter
- Sister: Rachel Victoria Jenkins
- Sister in law: Alix Jenkins
- Nephew: Thomas Ryan Jenkins born 238810.12(4)
- Niece: Sophie Anna Jenkins born 239304.20 (0)
- Deka Nedan (Joined trill) - Roommate who supported her at the academy. They regularly played bar games together (darts,pool...) as a break from study. She introduced her to snowboarding and they holidayed together outside term time.
She grew up in the peak district of England. Her mother worked as a Doctor and her father was a archivist. Her parents were keen hikers and regularly took the family camping. In her early teen years, Laura had wanted to follow in her mothers footsteps to make her proud and become a doctor. But at 15 after a disastrous work experience with her mother at the hospital, she had to admit that goal wasn't possible. Her sister at 18 left home to study archaeology at university and specialised in Earth History.
But at 18, Laura left home to take up an apprenticeship as a Engineering Technician her parent's had expected her to go to university too. After she finished her 2 year apprenticeship she took a placement on Mars Colony. Once this was completed she worked as Engineering Technician on secondment to different colonies as required, although she found this interesting and rewarding (particularly community projects when she saw people enjoying her completed work) it was very lonely and she return to Earth. In 2389 she joined the academy.
During her first year at the academy she struggled with all the study and rules missing her freedom and seriously considered leaving. At the start of her 3rd year her grades dropped again, she had to do some resits and she was nearly dismissed. But with the encouragement of her peers and tutors, she made it through graduating in top half of her year. At academy she choose to major in engineering specializing in nanotechnology and programming but also graduated with minor in astrophysics after gaining an interest in science during her time there.
Her first assignment was to Federation Embassy of Duronis II. Shortly after arriving she received an offer she couldn't turn down to be Acting Chief Engineer to a starship on a 4 year mission exploring the unknown the USS. Za. She quickly packed her bags, but didn't think of the consequences of being away from home for so long. She found it hard at first missing her family. She was particularly close to her sister and nephew while at the academy, had previously seen him regularly from when he was born. Also she found it difficult gaining respect from the engineering crew being a young Ensign particular from a seasoned petty officer Vreya Kima.
|Cadet First Class||23930627||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Engineering|
|Ensign||23930628 - 239308.07||Embassy / USS Thunder-A||Engineering Officer|
|Ensign||239308.07 - 239310.29||USS Za||Acting Chief Engineering Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239310.29||USS Za||Chief Engineering Officer|
Awards & Service Ribbons
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- Replace the links below with links to your own SIMs that you find memorable or are important to your character - you may want to add more as your time with the fleet goes on! You can find a complete archive of sims here at the SIM Archive.
- Title of First SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
- Title of Second SIM - (Stardate and brief description of what happens)
|NPC Listing · USS Za Crew Manifest · Crew History