|Starbase 118 Ops|
|Rank||Lieutenant Junior Grade|
|Species||El-Aurian / Human Hybrid|
- Full Name: Ishani Kasun
- Date of birth: 229104.18
- Species: El-Aurian Human Hybrid
- Gender: Female
- Hair color: Brown
- Eye color: Greyish Green
- Height: 6’2” (1.88 meters)
- Weight: 152 lbs
- Build: Curvy and toned
- Languages Spoken: Terran (Native), Klingon (Fluent), Vulcan (Conversational), Orion (Conversationalish)
- General Temperament: Generally calm, controlled and composed, though she can be and is quite firm if needed. Anger tends to break through more than sadness. Was quite rebellious when she was young.
- Treatment Style: Empathetic but matter-of-fact when communicating with her patients. Expect no complement sandwich from her and no dancing around with what needs to be said.
- Likes: Animals (especially cats), children, greenery, challenges, singing, music, spicy food, sweets, humidity
- Dislikes: Wallowing, Ferengi cuisine, food with bugs, non fish or seaweed seafood, excessive heat, dryness, bad puns, horrible singing
- Favorite Food/Drink: Candied Chili Peppers and Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Hobbies: Gardening, reading, swimming and singing
- Quarters: Light, colorful, cool, humid, and covered in houseplants, tapestries and wall hangings. A general bohemian aesthetic.
- Mother: Yasmin Kasun (deceased)
- Father: Jakarn
- Siblings: Taelon (half), Several other half siblings
- Spouse: None currently, two ex husbands
- Children: None
- Other: Azera (Father's wife), five maternal cousins and their families
A popular author and producer. Ishani is Jakarn’s third child and first daughter born after the fall of his homeworld, thus her father spent more effort into maintaining a connection with her and her older brothers than he would do with his many subsequent children. Still her father wasn’t involved much in her upbringing (mostly regular calls, sometimes an in person visit) which suited her mother just fine. They’ve become closer since Ishani’s mother passed on, though Ishani finds his hedonistic, celebrity lifestyle exasperating.
Half Brother and Crewmate
Taelon is the second of her many half siblings Ishani has met. Their father asked her to keep an eye on him, stating that Taelon "needs all the help he can get", and from their limited interactions with each other Ishani can't help but feel that Jakarn might have understated things a bit.
Father's Protoge and Crewmate
A former slave of the Orion Syndicate, Aitas was bought and released by Ishani's father. Ishani had met Aitas a few times before she joined Starbase 118 while the young woman was in her father's employ. Jakarn has apparently also asked Aitas to look after Taelon (something which Ishani admits she could use the help), but she can't help feel that Aitas also needs some looking after herself.
A senior security officer, Ishani has only recently been able to work with the man, having joined during his leave of absence. Their first mission served together was certainly memorable, she saved his life from drifting off into space and he got to watch her embarrass herself after receiving a concussion. The start of a wonderful working relationship.
Ishani has served with Doctor Ezo on two missions so far and has been significantly injured in both of them. While not at the level of needing her own personal room in the medbay, it’s not the greatest track record to start a working relationship with. Still, she's on good terms with the CMO who has seen her at her best and also at her most embarrassing, but Mirra's nice enough not to tease too much.
Ishani met Lieutenant Kro when he was called by Dr. Ezo to carry her defiant butt to the Albion’s medical bay. She proceeded to flirt shamelessly the entire way, which he admittedly didn’t mind. She later asked him out and he accepted, proving the adage correct that nearly getting blown up really brings people together.
Trellis was one of the first two people Ishani had ever met on base and the leader of her team on her first mission as a member of Starbase 118. They did not have much time to get to know each other before his transfer to the USS Za, which guarantees the special place he holds in Ishani’s memories of Starfleet will never be tarnished.
Ishani owns two 8 year old, female Ragdoll cats who are two in a long line of therapy cats she’s owned since she joined a group practice around 50 years ago. Peony and Camellia are sisters and come from a breeder that specializes in therapy cats that Ishani has patronized and recommended to her clients before. With Ishani’s job change they haven’t been getting out much, which means any visitors to her apartment will get swarmed, analyzed and then given the appropriate level of cat loving.
They’re both large for female Ragdolls; weighing in at almost 20 pounds they’re up there with the largest male Maine Coons and larger than most small dogs. Temperament wise Peony is a calm, snuggly lap cat, while her sister Camellia is much more playful, curious, loud and demanding. Due to their background, they love being around people and are both highly intelligent, trained, and attuned to the feelings of others around them.
- 2291: [Age 0] Was born from a short fling between her parents.
- 2296: [Age 5] Started primary school, met her father in person for the first time.
- 2309 - 2314: [Ages 18 - 23] Went to college and graduated with a Bachelors of Science in both neurology and psychology. (She changed her mind about *three fourths of the way through about what she wanted to do. Decided to finish up her neurology degree since it only required a few extra classes.)
- 2315 - 2317: [Ages 25 - 27] Marriage and subsequent divorce from her first husband (ended on good terms).
- 2319: [Age 29] Earned her Doctorate of Medicine in Psychiatry. Hired on as a psychiatrist in a psychiatric hospital specializing in long-term and permanent patients.
- 2339: [Age 48] Went into a group practice. Focused on ‘difficult’ patients, those with severe traumas, physically caused mental illnesses, hybrid children, and individuals who were antagonistic to gentler or more emotional approaches.
- 2346 - 2350 [Ages 55 - 59] Her second marriage and subsequent divorce (ended on extremely bitter terms).
- 2351 - 2356: [Ages 60 - 65] Went back to school and earned her Doctorate of Philosophy in Neurology
- 2356: [Age 65] Went back into private practice, this time on her own.
- 2377: [Age 86] Her mother dies at the ripe old age of 129.
- 2388: [Age 97] Signed up for Starfleet for a change of pace and patients.
- 2393: [Age 102] Completed the security coursework, finished her cadet cruise. Was assigned to Starbase 118 Ops.
University of Washington
Degree Earned: Bachelors of Science in Neurology and Psychology
Degree Earned: Doctorate of Medicine in Psychiatry
University of Alpha Centauri
Degree Earned: Doctorate of Philosophy in Neurology
Thesis: Epigenetic Mechanism Involved in the Neural Development of Hybrids
Specializations: Emergency Psychiatry and Crisis Management
|Cadet First Class||239303.15||Graduated Starfleet Academy||Graduate|
|Ensign||239306.18 - 239311.03||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Albion||Security Officer|
|Lieutenant Junior Grade||239311.03 - Current||Starbase 118 Ops/USS Columbia||Security Officer|
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
|NPC Listing · StarBase 118 Ops Crew Manifest · Crew History