||Albany, New York, Earth
Starfleet Academy Graduate Ribbon
First Contact Ribbon
Silver Lifesaving Ribbon
Good Conduct Ribbon
Defense of Temporal Flow Ribbon
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Department Chief Ribbon
Distinguished Service Ribbon
Peacekeeper Service Ribbon
Maiden Voyage Ribbon
Personnel File • Medical Records • Academy Transcript
About the Writer
Edit this nav
Lieutenant Evan Delano is a 28 year old Vulcan/Terran currently serving as a the operations officer on board the USS Veritas, a ship assigned to the dangerous region known as The Shoals. Evan originally joined the Veritas as a civilian representative of both Federation security and the elusive Reya-Laialara, a Vulcan splinter group. During Evan's time in Starfleet, he has also served on various vessels taking part in the Menthar Corridor expedition, including USS Garuda, and USS Invicta, as well as the USS Tiger-A.
Throughout his life, Evan has struggled to find a balance his Vulcan and human halves, and this struggle has led to occasional emotional turbulence in his life. Of note, Evan pleaded guilty of assault, conduct unbecoming of an officer, and illegally using a Vulcan mind meld against an unarmed prisoner during a court martial in 2392. Evan was nearly expelled from Starfleet, but extenuating circumstances, and a previously sterling record ultimately led to clemency. Although Evan tried to return to duty following this incident, he eventually asked for his Starfleet commission to be officially suspended. Several months later, he accepted an assignment from Federation Security to infiltrate, observe, and report on the Reya-Laialara. Evan reportedly 'went native' during his time with the Reya-Laialara, and spent some time dealing with conflicting loyalties to both the group and the Federation.
- Height: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
- Weight: 190 lbs (86.2 kg)
- Hair Color: chestnut brown
- Length of Hair: close-cropped
- Eye Color: Blue
- Birthmarks, Scars: The remnants of a hemangioma on his left shoulder blade
- Build: muscular, broad-shouldered build
- Face: Smooth skin, slightly pointed chin.
- Eyes: Humanoid. Two sets of eyelids as per vulcan physiology.
- Voice: Typical male humanoid (mid-range baritone), North American western accent
- Handedness: Ambidextrous
- Quarters: USS Veritas, Deck 4. (Shared with Mei'konda)
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Agnostic Atheist.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: martial arts, animal training, puzzles and games
- Likes: Keeping busy, clear goals, bettering himself and others, fitness, solving problems
- Dislikes: Inactivity, navigating ambiguities, unsolvable problems, failure
- Ambitions and Goals: Evan is slowly coming to accept his Vulcan traits and is interested in exploring them more than he ever was as a child.
- Achievements in Life: Assigned as chief of security. Promoted to Lieutenant Commander. Admitted to and graduated from Starfleet Academy, placed four times at the annual Starfleet Academy Mixed Martial Arts tournament.
- Disappointments in Life: Struggles with his emotions, struggles to connect with others, has never mastered Vulcan telepathy
- Temperament: Eager, active, direct, curious, inquisitive, passionate, occasionally obsessive (especially when presented with a problem to solve)
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): He struggles to understand abstract theory, which makes advanced science and engineering difficult for him to master - a major source of consternation during his time at the Academy.
- Kedall: A Vulcan civilian starship engineer specializing in the use of hyper-efficient warp field dynamics to optimize older warp core designs. He currently resides on Vulcan, where he teaches at the Shi'al Engineering Institute, a specialized secondary school in the Shi'al Region.
- Susan North: Susan Delano North. A human civilian starship engineer specializing high grade civilian shuttles and transport vessel design. Retired. She currently resides on Earth at her husband's ranch north of Rawlins, Wyoming.
- Jim North: A human conservationist wildlife specialist on Earth. Married to Susan North. Currently owns a ranch near Rawlins, Wyoming where he performs rescue and rehabilitation on all types of North American wildlife.
- Espera: A Vulcan neurologist in the Shi'al Region of Vulcan. Married to Kedall.
- Kim Busick: The daughter of Jim North, and Evan's stepsister. Busick is a veterinarian on Earth. She spent several years working with her father, but currently operates a practice in San Francisco.
- Cural: Oldest child (daughter) of Kedall and Espera. A third year cadet at Starfleet Academy studying Xenobiology.
- Salen: Age 17. Youngest daughter of Kedall and Espera. A premedical student on Vulcan.
- Ralok: Age 10. Youngest child (son) of Kedall and Espera. Currently enrolled at the Shi'al Engineering Institute on Vulcan.
- Lt. Cmdr. Mei'konda: Mei'konda and Evan have been in a romantic relationship since their time in the Academy. They recently became engaged.
- Lt. Cmdr. Tarla Dean: Commander Dean served as Evan's mentor during hist time at Starfleet Academy. She was instrumental to his She remains in contact with Evan, and is a frequent source of inspiration.
- Flt. Captain Cassandra Egan Manno: The CO Evan served longest under, and occasional mentor. Egan Manno showed considerable faith in him during their shared time on Garuda, and Evan still feels a great deal of loyalty towards her.
- Captain Roshanara Rahman: Evan served with Roshanara for nearly two years on the Garuda, and they developed a professional friendship and mutual respect. That friendship was tested when Rahman was forced to act as prosecutor at Evan's court martial. Though Evan knows that Rahman's role was not her own choice, his own guilty conscience made it difficult for him to look her in the eye in the immediate aftermath.
- Antik: Antik was Evan's meditation tutor during his time on Vulcan. He taught Evan traditional Vulcan methods of controlling his emotions, and also introduced him to the Vulcan martial art, Suus Mahna.
- Apollo: Wolf-dog hybrid Evan helped raise from a puppy on his stepfather's ranch. Apollo is currently under the care of his mother, where he has acres of land to roam. Evan has considered bringing the animal to live with him, but ultimately decided it would be unhealthy and potentially dangerous to have restrict him to the confines of a starship.
- Raina: Ex-Fiance by an arranged marriage. Evan has released Raina from this agreement, though it was against her wishes.
- Evan's parents met at a civilian engineering conference in New Berlin on Luna in 2365. Their meeting extended into a short-lived affair which ended when Evan's father, Kedall, confessed that he was married. Ashamed at what he saw as an "emotional outburst," Kedall returned to Vulcan and broke off all contact with Evan's mother. During his early years, Evan had a troubled childhood in which he struggled to control his erratic, sometimes violent emotional outbursts. He resented his stepfather and refused to accept his surname when he married his mother. Though Evan and his stepfather have since reconciled their differences, he continues to use his mother's maiden name. Evan's inability to control his emotions eventually got him into trouble after he severely injured another classmate over a minor altercation.
- Evan was to be admitted to a juvenile rehabilitation center until Kedall intervened and offered to take him to Vulcan to be properly trained to control his emotions. Temporarily placed in the guardianship of his biological father, Evan lived on Vulcan for five years. Though he struggled to fit in just as he had on Earth, Evan learned to control his emotions through the use of basic Vulcan meditation exercises combined with his devotion to learning Suus Mahna, a defensive Martial Art.
- After returning to Earth, he achieved academic success, though he still struggled to connect to many of his peers. At the urging of a teacher, a former starfleet officer, Evan applied for and was eventually accepted into Starfleet Academy.
Timeline of Personal Events
- 236602.10: Born in Albany, New York on Earth.
- 236804.05: Mother married stepfather Jim North in a ceremony on Earth.
- 237409.02: Arrested and charged as a juvenile for assaulting and severely injuring a classmate.
- 237409.07: Travelled to Vulcan under temporary guardianship of his father to master Vulcan techniques for controlling his volatile emotions.
- 237811.27: Experienced first pon farr on Vulcan.
- 237902.11: Deemed fit to return to family on earth with approval of the juvenile justice system.
- 238204.02: Recommended for Starfleet Academy entrance exam.
- 238410.20: Passed the Starfleet Academy entrance exam on Starbase 1.
- 238502.28: Awarded second Place at Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238511.05: Experienced second pon farr.
- 238611.07: Awarded second Place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238711.04: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy annual mixed martial arts tournament.
- 238811.09: Awarded first place at annual Starfleet Academy mixed martial arts tournament.
- 239007.03: Officially graduated from Starfleet Academy, assigned to USS Tiger-A.
- 239012.29: Reassigned to USS Garuda following medical leave.
- 239206.19: Reassigned to USS Invicta.
- 239209.20: Pleaded guilty at general court martial. Demoted to Lieutenant.
- 239210.23: Requested indefinite Leave of Absence from Starfleet.
- 239212.31: Proposed to Mei'konda at Starbase 74.
- 239201.30: Arrived at Shadow's Edge. Arranges passage to Reya-Laialara settlement.
- 239202:01: Arrived at Seheik Settlement.
- 239209.15: Transmitted final report to Federation Security detailing stolen shipment of photon torpedoes.
- 239402.17: Evan officially joins the USS Veritas crew roster as a civilian advisor.
- 239406.24: Per his request, Evan's starfleet commission is reactivated.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 239007.03 (July 3, 2390)
- Current Rank: Lieutenant
- Current Assignment: Operations Officer
- Duty Post: USS Veritas
- Evan entered the Academy as an engineering major in imitation of his civilian parents. He struggled to adapt to the rigorous academic requirements of the school and nearly washed out. The mentorship of Commander Tarla Dean gave him the tools he needed to recover, and at her urging, Evan transferred to the Security Department. He had to work harder than most to succeed, but excelled in combat and tactics training. He spent a considerable amount of his free time with the Academy's mixed martial arts club, which he used to fulfill his athletic participation requirement. Evan spent almost a full year on a cadet cruise aboard the USS Centaur where he was eventually promoted to Acting Chief of Security. He was briefly transferred to the Starbase 118 Academy campus to complete training aboard the holographic USS Centris-A. After graduating, he was commissioned to the USS Tiger-A as a security officer.
- During the Iconian Gateway crisis of 2390, Fleet Captain Riley granted Evan a field promotion to Lieutenant (JG) and a new assignment as the chief of security. Evan was injured during an away mission and, upon his return to the Tiger, was forced to take medical leave for several weeks. By the time he'd been deemed fit to return to duty, Tiger was on route to receive a major refit. Evan was given a temporary reassignment to the USS Garuda following a recent refit. The Galaxy Class ship's tactical systems had recently undergone significant improvements, and Evan's combined experience in both Operations and Security made him an ideal candidate for the assignment. Evan only learned that his assignment was being made permanent when most of the crew of the USS Mercury was transferred to the Garuda.
- Aboard the Garuda, Evan held a variety of posts, first as a helm officer, then as the assistant chief of security/tactical, and most recently as the head of the ship's small strategic operations department. Evan was assigned to the Chief of Security/Tactical position in 2391. In mid-2392, Evan was transferred to the USS Invicta along with all of the Garuda's senior staff, though Evan was relieved of duty shortly thereafter due to misconduct during a prisoner interrogation. Following a court martial, Evan was demoted to the rank of Lieutenant and sentenced to two years of bond, pending good behavior. Relieved of his duties as a department chief, Evan was assigned to serve as the ship's tactical operations officer. Shortly thereafter, Evan requested an indefinite leave of absence.
- During this time, Evan was approached by Federation Security, who asked him to increase his contact with the Reya-Laialara with the ultimate goal of allowing him to join the enigmatic organization and report back on any suspicious activity. Evan accepted the assignment, and took the opportunity to join the organization at the end of 2392. Over the next few months, Evan sent back several reports before ultimately breaking off contact. He was quietly declared Missing in Action shortly thereafter.
||Cadet 4th Class
||238506.05 - 238606.04
||Cadet 3rd Class
||238606.05 - 238706.04
||Security Major, Com/Ops Minor
||Cadet 2nd Class
||238706.05 - 238806.04
||Cadet 1st Class
||238806.05 - 238909.01
|238909.01 - 239006.17
|239006.17 - 239007.03
||Starbase 118/USS Centris-A
||239007.03 - 239009.14
||239009.14 - 239011.13
||Chief of Security
|239012.29 - 239103.30
|239103.30 - 239105.26
||Asst. Chief of Security/Tactical
||239105.26 - 239110.05
||Strategic Operations Officer
|239110-06 - 239204.13
||Chief of Security/Tactical
||239204.13 - 239206.19
|239206.19 - 239209.20
||239209.20 - 239210.23
||Tactical Operations Officer
||239301.02 - 239402.17
|239402.17 - 239406.24
||239406.25 - Present
- 239007: No Time like the Present: Fresh out of the Academy, Delano reports for his first assignment.
- 239101: An Unexpected Reunion (I, II, III): Delano and Mei'konda meet for the first time since the Academy.
- 239101: Neverland Conscription: Evan gets roped into playing Peter Pan at an impromptu performance.
- 239207: Crossing the Line (I, II, III, IV, V): Delano confronts Harrison Ross for the last time. These events would ultimately lead to a court martial.
- 239209: Accepting Responsibility, Resolving Uncertainty, The Weight of Judgement (I, II): Excerpts from Delano's court martial.
- 239402: The Arduous Path: Delano and Rahman discuss his future role on Veritas.