Arden Cain is currently serving as a Civilian aboard the Starbase 118 Ops.
- Height: 160CM
- Weight: 65KG
- Hair: Brown, cut short
- Eyes: Blue
- Build: Slim
- Aron Kells: Arden had several Commanding Officers during his time in Star Fleet but it was Aron Kells that left the largest mark on him. Through working closely with the man, Arden developed a trust and friendship so strong that he risked his Star Fleet career to help him a couple years back. THough Arden hasn't encountered his former Captain since then and doubts he will, Aron Kells influence on Arden remains.
- Father: Willard Cain, 50, Owner/Operator of a small interstellar freight company mainly transporting ores and other raw materials to and from independent colonies.
- Mother: Marcella Stevenson, 45, navigator and engineer aboard her husband’s freighters.
- Siblings: Ellen Cain, 20 years old, currently studying Medicine on Earth
- Helen Stevenson: Aunt, 40 years old. Botanist currently living on Earth
- Elonat Stevenson: Cousin, son of Helen Stevenson. Spent most of his time on Vulcan with his father. Currently serving in Star Fleet.
At Arden’s parents request, Arden spent majority of his life living with his Aunt on Earth while his parent operate the family inter stellar-freight business. After he completed High school with above average grades particularly in math and science Arden travelled with his parents for three years. Owing to his resentment of his father, Arden spent most of his time with his mother aiding her in ship maintenance.
While aboard the freighters, Arden’s mother tutored him in all facets of starship engineering improving on Arden’s natural aptitude. After his third year aboard, Arden made the decision with his mother’s approval to join Starfleet. The decision was an easy one for Arden because he knew if he didn’t get out and away from his father’s clutches he would be there the rest of his life.
Upon leaving his relationship with his father grew even more hostile unlike his time spent with his mother. To him, it had helped make up for lost time as a child but as far as he was concerned there was too much distance between his father and him to make up so easily and his departure only served to widen the gap.
Arden Cain is socially reserved however confident in his work. Arden openly admits that he is not the best in his field, he is however passionate and dedicated toward it, always seeking to become better. When circumstances call for it, he is unafraid to voice his own opinion in a work related matters.
Ever since his days at high school Arden has been known for being introverted in social situations, parties and so forth. When possible he avoids them all together, if not Arden puts in the bare minimum of appearances before finding a way out. He isn’t afraid of crowds as such but rather the people themselves preferring to spend his time by himself.
Arden doesn’t like getting close to many people and values his privacy. Making friends is not something Arden does easily or frequently and those friendships/bonds Arden does make mean a great deal to him. This is shown in putting a great deal of loyalty and faith in said person. Arden tends to expect the same level of loyalty from his friends in return but realises that’s not always possible. As long as he is treated with respect and nothing happens to shake that loyalty and faith Arden doesn’t expect the world from his friends.
Ever since Arden was young he has had a short temper in regards to his father. This is among the instances of where Arden can get emotional elsewhere he will avoid his more emotional issues, bottling them up rather than facing the issues. Arden will fight back if stirred up, stopping short of throwing punches after realising his inferior physical build in most cases
Arden typically avoids the subject of family in particular those relating to his father.
- Temperament: Tends to be easy going and calm. More assertive and the occasional aggressive streak show as required in extraordinary situations (Family crisis’s and extreme working environments etc).
- Habits: Calls all Star Fleet personnel by rank or title as supposed to name, even when given the option by senior Officers. Exceptions to this are his close friends.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Although exposed to a variety of religions and spiritual beliefs systems throughout his travels, Arden doesn’t believe in any. He is the type of person who doesn’t put much faith in something that can’t be scientifically or logically explained. Having said that, he is tolerant of others beliefs as long as they don’t force said beliefs onto him.
- Quarters: When given the choice, Arden keeps his Quarters away from majority of ship mates. The Quarters themselves are usually scarcely decorated and kept clean at all times. Even though most of the quarters Arden has had have been limited in size, he sets up a spot in them where he can read comfortably. This usually happens on his bed or an arm chair. It was only after the departure of the previous First Officer of the Mercury, Lt. Commander Hannibal Parker, that he moved into the designated First Officer's quarters on deck two. And at that it wasn't by choice but he was too occupied at the time to argue the point.
Star Fleet Service Record
|Professional History: Timeline of Active Duty
Notable Career Moments
Post Star Fleet History
Among the destruction of the USS Altamira, Arden was court marshaled on the grounds of repeated failure to follow correct chain of command, conduct unbecoming a Star Fleet officer, and Negligence resulting in the death of crew members and the destruction of a Star Fleet vessel. Arden's JAG defense consular successfully argued that Arden was acting in compliance of Star Fleet General Order 6 which significantly reduced charges against Arden but he was ultimately still sentenced to one year imprisonment.
Arden didn't fight this sentence and served his time, during which he tried to stay out of trouble as trouble usually took on the form of disagreeable inmates. Among Arden's release from prison he dipped into a reserve of gold pressed latinum that he saved up before joining Star Fleet in order to travel around the Alpha and Beta quadrants. His aim was to see the sights that he never got to see during his time as a Star Fleet officer as he slowed down and found his place in the galaxy once again.
After a couple years of travelling he decided to set up shop on starbase 118 as a private scientific and engineering consultant.
Awards, Service Ribbons & Badges
|Awards and Service Ribbons|