- Full Name: Alexander Gordon Blair
- Race: Terran
- Date of Birth: Stardate: 236206.04 June 4, 2362
- Place of Birth: Earth
- Age: 31
- Gender: Male
- Height: 1.8m (5’ 11”)
- Weight: 70.3kg (155lbs)
- Hair Color: Brown
- Length of Hair: Short, crew cut style
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Skin Tone: Fair
- Birthmarks, Scars: No visible birthmarks or scars
- Build: Medium build and very fit
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Anything comfortable, mostly athletic gear
- Shoes: Standard issue boots when on duty, sneakers when off
- Voice: Deep and masculine, but easy on the ears
- Handedness: Left-handed
- Favorite Room: Main Engineering
- Habits: Arriving every at least five minutes early, tends to zone out and think about challenging problems.
- Mannerisms: A true gentleman
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: Does not consider himself to be religious in any way.
- Hobbies and Pastimes: Playing and watching a sport called baseball, maintaining peek physical fitness, socializing with those around him.
- Likes: Attacking and solving complex problems, helping others.
- Dislikes: People who put themselves ahead of others.
- Ambitions and Goals: To do the best that he can each and every day.
- Achievements in Life: Serving as a Marine, graduating Starfleet Academy
- Disappointments in Life: Loosing any sense of a relationship with his parents.
- Temperment: Calm and quiet, keeps his feelings to himself.
- Mental problems (complexes and phobias): No real problems, he might be a little bit of a perfectionist.
- Physical Limitations: No physical limitations
- Quarters: Deck 2. Alex keeps his immaculate. Having no personal possessions or mementos, many would consider Alex’s quarters as sparsely decorated. The few items he does have belong in a certain place, and when they get moved it truly bothers him until they are returned to their place.
When Alex first transferred to the USS Gorkon as First Officer, he was a direct replacement for Skyfire. As time progressed while in the alternate universe, Alex reached out to Skyfire to serve as the ship's morale officer. During their meetings as first officer and morale officer, Alex felt a connection grow between the two men. As their friendship grew, Alex wanted to spend more and more time with Skyfire leading several dinners and the exchange of a few kisses.
As their relationship has grown, Alex has come to realize that he has never felt for anyone the way he feels for Skyfire. The more time Alex spends with Skyfire, the more he commits to making this relationship last and to see where things go between them.
The Strategic Operations Officer and Mission Specialist aboard the USS Tiger-A. When Ian West transferred to the Tiger, Alex immediately felt a bond with him. When Alex became ill after being held captive by the Commonwealth, West was the physician that found a counter agent to help restore Alex's health.
Though they haven't seen one another in a long time, Alex still counts Ian West as one of his closest friends.
Alexander Gordon Blair was born into a very happy and privileged family. The first born child of Thomas and Veronica Blair Alexander, or Alex as he preferred to be called, was groomed from birth to one day take the reins of the family business. Blair Technologies was a civilian aerospace firm that designed and manufactured interstellar vehicles and components for use in the commercial shipping field.
Despite his parental grooming, Alex led a perfectly normal childhood with his brother Michael who was one year his junior. As they grew up, Alex and Michael were inseparable. Whether it was running around their parent’s offices causing trouble or building forts in wilderness near their vacation home in Alaska, the Blair brothers were always together on some kind of adventure.
On one such adventure, Alex and Michael were rebuilding a fort that they had built in the mountains the previous summer. Alex stepped away to gather some supplies when he heard a loud crash followed by a scream. When he returned to the fort, Alex found the broken up structure lying on the ground with his younger brother pinned underneath it. It took some time, but Alex was eventually able to free his sibling who only suffered a fractured arm and the two boys returned to their home where their mother was waiting. The whole way back and for sometime after, Alex blamed himself for what happened. He was convinced that if he were paying more attention he could have prevented his brother’s injury. At that time Alex made a vow that he promised to follow for the remainder of his life. He would do absolutely everything in his power to protect those that he cared for.
Growing up with two very talented engineers for parents, Alex developed a strong talent in engineering. When his eighteenth birthday came around Alex’s father Thomas, told him that it was time for what he had been groomed for his entire life. It was time to enter the family business and start building a name for himself as an engineer. As most young adults do, Alex acted in a rebellious manner and refused to work for Blair Technologies. A few days after his birthday, Alex walked into a recruitment office and joined the Starfleet Marine Corps stating that he did so in order to help protect everyone that he loved or cared for.
Alex served in the Marine Corps for several years before he came to the realization that his heart was not in it. He realized while he loved being a Marine and it was definitely a way to help others, serving as a soldier was not what he was meant to do. Alex was not the only one who made this realization, his commanding officer, Major Brent Sheldon, spotted the change in attitude in Alex. After a lot of urging by Major Sheldon, Alex applied to Starfleet Academy and was accepted on his first attempt.
Alex had the typical experience at the Academy, with only one exception; he was older than most of his classmates. Having a natural talent towards engineering, Alex enrolled in the engineering program. With his background in engineering, Alex was able to graduate from the Academy majoring in Engineering and minoring in Communications/Operations. Alex graduated with a GPA of 3.75 giving him the distinction of graduating Cum Laude.
After his graduation from the Academy, the newly commissioned Ensign Alex Blair was assigned to the USS Tiger-A as an engineering officer. During his time aboard the Tiger, Alex worked his way from being a lowly Ensign engineering officer to being a Lieutenant Commander and the Chief Engineer. Alex served aboard the Tiger for almost two years where he participated in some very interesting missions. From traveling back in time to prevent the Borg from interfering in the outcome of World War II on Earth to surviving a crash onto an oceanic planet aboard the Tiger, Alex saw a lot of action aboard the USS Tiger-A. During his time aboard the Tiger, Alex developed a fondness for the ship and even began to form thoughts about one day becoming her Captain. This ambition however suffered a blow when on Stardate 239103.31 the USS Tiger-A was decommissioned.
After the USS Tiger-A’s decommissioning, Alex, along with a handful of the Tiger’s officers, was transferred to one of the fleet’s newest ships, the USS Gemini.
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238906.04
- Current Rank: Commander
- Current Assignment: USS Gorkon
- Duty Post: Mission Specialist
- 236206.04: Was born.
- 238006.08: Joined the Marines.
- 238407.12: Left the Marines, enrolled in Starfleet Academy.
- 238906.04: Graduated from Starfleet Academy, assigned to USS Tiger-A as Engineering Officer.
- 238909.30: Promoted to Lieutenant JG, assigned as Assistant Chief Engineer.
- 238910.15: Promoted to Chief Engineer.
- 239005.22: Promoted to Lieutenant.
- 239009.14: Promoted to Lieutenant Commander.
- 239103.31: Transferred to USS Gemini, assigned as Chief Engineer.
- 239203.08: Assigned as First Officer
- 239207.13: Transferred to USS Apollo-A, assigned as First Officer
- 239212.31: Promoted to Commander
- 239302.16: Transferred to USS Gorkon
- 239308.03: Assigned as Mission Specialist
|Cadet 1st||238906.04||Cadet Cruise|
|Lieutenant JG||238909.30||238910.15||Assistant Chief Engineer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239009.14||2391.03.31||Chief Engineer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239103.31||239203.08||Chief Engineer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239203.08||239207.13||First Officer|
|Lieutenant Commander||239207.13||239212.31||First Officer|
Awards and Commendations
|Awards and Service Ribbons|
- A Beautiful Morning: Having been captured by unknown aliens, Alex wakes up to his new life which seems perfectly normal to him.
- Into The Breach: The ship has been overrun by hostile forces who are trying to activate the MVAM protocols, Alex accompanies LtCmdrs Clack and West in an effort to take back Main Engineering.
- Farewell: With the news of the Tiger-A being decommissioned, Alex takes some time to give a meaningful farewell to his ship and his crew mates.
|NPC Listing · USS Gorkon Crew Manifest · Crew History