|Embassy of Duronis II|
Della Vetri, a joined Trill, currently serves as Ambassador of the Duronis II Embassy
- 1 Stats
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Manner
- 4 Personality
- 5 Family
- 6 Personal History
- 7 Professional History
- 8 Alternate Realities
- 9 Personal Log Entries
- 10 Memorable Moments
- Full Name: Della Vetri
- Race: Trill (Joined)
- Date of Birth: 235706.08
- Place of Birth: Tellrin Archipelago, Trill
- Age: 33
- Gender: Female
- Telepathic status: T4/E4 (See Della Vetri Starfleet Records and Telepathic/Empathic Scale)
- Height: 1.73 m (5'8")
- Weight: 61 kg
- Hair Color: Black
- Length of Hair: Mid-back
- Eye Color:Brown
- Skin Tone: Tanned
- Birthmarks, Scars: None
- Tattoos/Body Modifications: Metallic silver dragon wrapped around left arm from shoulder to mid-forearm.
- Build: Athletic
- Carriage: Tends to move quietly, almost always paying attention to her surroundings, unless she's distracted - in which case she can be frighteningly oblivious.
- Taste in Clothing (when off duty): Either casual skirt and top, or slightly battered coveralls (depending on whether she's been mucking about in the arboretum).
- Voice: Soft, and faintly musical.
- Handedness: Right
- Quarters: Della's quarters are fairly typical for a member of a starship's senior staff who has a child - in size and layout, at least. The furniture and fittings are pretty much the basic standard, with little modification or embellishment, and a similar lack of attention has been paid to any other homey touches that one might expect to see. The place is most definitely inhabited, however, and any visitors are advised to watch their step, lest they end up stepping on or tripping over one or more books (padd and hardcopy), potted plants, holos, trinkets, items of discarded clothing, or assorted stuffed animals. All this is, of course, only when Gina or T'Lea haven't had time to tidy the place up and get it looking more one would expect - though she does now have more of an excuse for the untidiness in the form of T'Sara...
- Favorite Room: Quarters.
- Mannerisms: Typically tries to keep situations light if possible, and almost always has some kind of joking comment to hand.
- Physical Limitations: As with most Trill, Della can suffer major allergic reactions to some insect bites.
- Temperament: Usually quite calm and confident, but very good at carrying a grudge. Since playing host to T'Lea's katra, her sense of humour has taken a turn for the dark, and her temper has turned notably more vicious.
- Habits: Dearly loves hazelnut lattes, and tends to do most of her serious thinking with her eyes closed.
- Religion/Spiritual Devotion: None in particular.
Della usually tries to find the best in any given situation, always ready to lend a hand, and equally eager to learn. She is both loyal and caring with her friends, but occasionally displays a downright malicious sense of humor when dealing with those that have earned her wrath.
Hobbies and Pastimes
- Swimming, usually in a holodeck simulation.
- Reading, mostly fantasy and crime stories (she's even tried writing a bit...).
- Collecting stuffed animals from the various worlds and cultures she has visited/encountered.
Likes and Dislikes
- Hazelnut lattes. Someday, she's going to find a way to pay her sister back for getting her hooked on those things...
- Music. Preferably loud.
- Replicated fruit and vegetables. If you have the capacity to grow the things, then why not do it?
- Opera. She just doesn't get it, and she's tried...
- Dishonesty. If only she wasn't so good at spotting it.
- Romulan Ale. Not strictly a dislike, as she quite enjoys the taste. Sadly, it seems to have an abiding hatred for her...
Ambitions and Goals
Forging a suitable legacy for her symbiote's next host to carry on is something of a priority for Della, and was one of her driving motivations for joining Starfleet. After all, there's not much chance for achieving greatness working with your mother in a local clinic.
Another major goal is learning better control over her psionic abilities. They came as something of a major shock in the beginning, and she knows that she still has a long way to go before she fully masters them, though she is a lot better now than she was to begin with and hardly ever gets hit in the head with unintended flashes of telepathic or empathic input.
Personal Achievements and Disappointments
Della's second greatest achievement to date (at least as far as she's concerned) was being selected for Joining with the Vetri symbiote. She had worked hard for the chance from an early age, and the fact that the joining resulted in something extra special was just the icing on the cake. The joining, and it's side effects, have proved harder work than she expected, and it took a while before she was able to properly assimilate the memories of five other lifetimes.
Top of the list in her roll of good things is her baby daughter, T'Sara. Though the product of external meddling, the child she and her bond-mate share is possibly the single thing she is proudest of, far ahead of anything else - achieving command of her own starship included.
Della has always go on pretty well with her family, and still keeps in touch with them on a regular basis. She hasn't had a chance to visit them for a while, but the (at least) weekly calls to and fro are filling in quite nicely until she can.
- Marital Status: Bonded to Lt. Cmdr. T'Lea
Della was engaged to Jax Leren, one of her best friends from school, after a romance that began shortly before the pair graduated from high school. Unfortunately, the whole thing collapsed shortly after she was joined, as the changes to her personality and outlook proved too much for Jax to handle.
Della came to terms with the failure of the relationship over the years, but was still a little wary of putting herself in a situation like that again when her relationship with Lt. Cmdr. T'Lea grew into something a great deal more than either of them expected. One thing was quite merrily leading to another at it's own pace, but slammed into a much higher gear when T'Lea entered her first pon farr. Della wasn't too sure about things when this happened, but finally agreed to undergo the Vulcan mating bond with her.
Both of them are still trying to make sure they don't totally wreck their relationship by accident - something even more important given how much their family has grown...
- Adopted Daughter: Gina Es-Aleh
- Originally from a parallel reality where the Borg had overrun pretty much everything, Gina was rescued from that universe's USS Constitution-B by Della and quite quickly formally adopted. A member of a race that - in this reality - has yet to actually be discovered, Gina is somewhat unique, to say the least...
- Daughter: T'Sara Maren
- The product of meddling by a group known as the "Alphanumerics", T'Sara is the naturally-born (sort of) daughter of Della and her bond-mate T'Lea.
- Mother: Lyssa Maren
- Lyssa proved a most capable parent, devoting a lot of time to both her children. This was something of an over-compensation, however, as her own parents had been very distant to her - a situation she had no desire to see repeated. Now in her early fifties, Lyssa runs her own psychotherapy practice, and is very proud of the fact that her eldest daughter choose to follow her into the vocation.
- Father: Roget Maren
- If Lyssa is the typical professional parent, Roget is the classic genial middle-aged bum. Fascinated by plants since before he could walk, he now makes a living as a freelance landscape artist, and can usually be found up to his elbows in plant-life, even when not working. Della attributes both her and her sister's general level of fitness to the fact that their father made a habit of taking them along on jobs as soon as they were old enough. Roget himself is proud to admit that Della's interest in plants is due to exactly the same thing.
- Sister: Kestra Maren
- Four years younger than her sister, Kestra is rapidly forging a name for herself amongst Trill's botanical sciences community. At least, that's how she likes to see it. The truth is a little more mundane, with the young woman having just landed a research position at Trill's Academy of Advanced Learning, a placement that looks likely to leave her nicely set for her intended assault on galactic recognition.
- Full Article: Della Vetri Personal History
Della was born on Stardate 235706.08 in her parents home town on one of the islands off the coast of the Trill home world's southern continent. Growing up pretty much as one would expect, she eventually entered the Trill Academy of Advanced Learning, graduating with advanced qualifications in Psychology and Psychotherapy.
Only a few months later, she was selected to be joined with the Vetri symbiote, becoming it's sixth host. The psychological shock of the procedure had unexpected side-effects, including awakening her previously undetected latent psionic abilities. One of her first acts on recovery from the joining was to travel to Betazed in an attempt to learn more of her new-found gifts. Since then, she has become far more adept at using them, letting her use her empathic and telepathic abilities with greater effect and less effort, but never the casual ease that most psionically active individuals achieve.
Since joining Starfleet, Della's life has certainly not been boring on a personal, as well as professional, level. Whilst a number of people during her various postings were less than keen on her thanks to her role as a Counselor, she nevertheless formed relationships with others thanks to her (usually) friendly way of dealing with people. She has even managed to turn one into the other a few times, the greatest example of which is her relationship with LtCmdr T'Lea. Initially hostile and antagonistic on general principle, the pair are now a bonded couple, strongly connected on any number of levels.
Her family life has also grown in ways she certainly never expected. With the collapse of her engagement after her Joining and the emergence of her psionic abilities, she mostly resigned herself to the single life, with only a vague idea that she might, someday, find someone willing and able to put up with her. Now, she is more likely to spend time trying to figure out just how she has ended up all but married to a Romulan/Vulcan hybrid, with an adopted daughter of not only another species but from another reality, and a biological daughter of her own.
She's not entirely sure how all this came to be, but she's certainly not complaining...
- Date Graduated from Academy: 238506.29
- Current Rank: Captain
- Current Assignment: Embassy of Duronis II
- Duty Post: Diplomatic Officer
Starfleet Assessments and Records
- Full Article: Della Vetri Starfleet Records
Della enrolled at Starfleet Academy on Stardate 238009.24, entering the Counselor training program, but also taking additional training in emergency medicine and interstellar relations. She also joined the small group of students who volunteered to help maintain the Academy's gardens in her spare time. Whilst diligent in her studies, the spread of subjects she was studying did take it's toll a little, resulting in her placing only 26th in her class.
As a Diplomatic Officer, Della has a work space aboard the USS Thunder-A, as well as an office in the Ambassadorial Residence of the Embassy of Duronis II. IN addition to these areas, she has a tendency to work wherever her duties may take her.
Given the nature of Della's role within the Embassy/Thunder's crew, it would be shorter to list her superiors, which currently consist of Fleet Captain Toni Turner, and the Starfleet Diplomatic Corps.
Starfleet officers have, on occasion, encountered alternate realities, and Della is no different.
- In the reality encountered by the USS Constitution-B on Stardate 238605.29, that version of Della was a Command branch officer, serving as Starfleet Liason aboard the Romulan Warbird Val'sharess. She was killed when she assumed command of the Val'sharess after the death of most of it's officers and crew and rammed a Borg vessel in an attempt to protect that reality's USS Constitution-B
Personal Log Entries
Like many officers, Della keeps a personal log. Selected examples of her record can be found here.
Every so often, something happens in everybody's life that is something of a turning point. Here, you will find some examples of the ones that Della has experienced.
|NPC Listing · USS Avandar Crew Manifest · Crew History